No announcement yet.

Patriots trade Richard Seymour to Raiders for 2011 First Round Pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steal by the Patriots. Seymour isn't the same player he used to be, and the Patriots have depth at DE.

Now they get rid of him for what will probably be a top 10 pick. He has 2 years left max of productive football. This was another Bellichick swindle.

Plus they have Ron Brace who they can sub in at DE. If ppl haven't noticed, Ty Warren has been their best DE for quite some time now.

Good move by the Pats, desperate move by the Raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Steal by the Patriots. Seymour isn't the same player he used to be, and the Patriots have depth at DE.

Now they get rid of him for what will probably be a top 10 pick. He has 2 years left max of productive football. This was another Bellichick swindle.

Plus they have Ron Brace who they can sub in at DE. If ppl haven't noticed, Ty Warren has been their best DE for quite some time now.

Good move by the Pats, desperate move by the Raiders.
      I think this will benefit both teams, Pats get something instead of nothing since Seymour was going to be an FA, and the Raiders greatly improve their defense.

I think its a win win especially if Seymour plays well and the Raiders can extend him.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
        I think this will benefit both teams, Pats get something instead of nothing since Seymour was going to be an FA, and the Raiders greatly improve their defense.

I think its a win win especially if Seymour plays well and the Raiders can extend him.
        Its a good short term move by the Raiders, but giving up a 1st is a steep price. When you look at the value of this trade, it is heavily in favor of the Pats.

If I were the Raiders, I wouldve rather went after Corey Williams. In my eyes, he's more worth a 1st than Seymour is.

Comment

I like the move for the Pats. They are obviously confident in their rotation, and now they more than likely have a top 10 pick in '11.

Comment

Oakland is crazy, they gave up a high first rounder for a declining 3-4 DE on a one year deal.

Comment

Pats still have Jarvis Green and Ty Warren, two very talented 3-4 ends. I wouldn't worry about what the Patriots do.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                Pats still have Jarvis Green and Ty Warren, two very talented 3-4 ends. I wouldn't worry about what the Patriots do.
                I thought Jarvis Green was a better fit for a 4-3, doesn't he usually come in for pass rushing situations... I am not 100% sure on this...

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

If Mario Henderson plays well at LT, the Raiders O-Line will not actually be that bad... Robert Gallery may be a bust at LT, but he is a very good OG in the NFL, and Samson Satele had a bad year in Miami only because Sparano's offense scheme did not fit him well but with the ZBS that the Raiders run he will play like he did his rookie year.
                  Satele isn't even starting. Chris Morris is starting for the Raiders at Center.

C Samson Satele: The trade pickup was the starter until he stunk it up one last time against the Saints. When Miami's Bill Parcells took Jake Grove over Satele, that should've been a clue.
                  C Chris Morris: He went from fringe swing guy to opening-day starter, all in the past seven days. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    top ten pick... top five pick... ha.

i love how quickly everyone here forgets recent history. atlanta? arizona? i don't even want to actually have to think about why making full stop predictions about a pick that's TWO YEARS away is stupid. not even stupid, ****ing moronic.
                    Arizona isn't Oakland, NJ. Honestly at this point how can you get angry at people for assuming Oakland won't be pulling out of their tailspin. You mention recent history, well here it is...

2009: 7th pick, Heyward-Bey
                    2008: 4th pick, D-Mac
                    2007: 1st pick, Jamarcus
                    2006: 7th pick, Huff
                    2005: 7th pick, traded for Moss.
                    2004: 2nd pick, Gallery.

As Bubba Sparxx would say, UGLY.

Comment

I thought Jarvis Green was a better fit for a 4-3, doesn't he usually come in for pass rushing situations... I am not 100% sure on this...
                      I saw somewhere that the Patriots are going to focus more on 4-3 this year, maybe they didn't like Seymour as an interior lineman

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

If they go 4-3, they probably plan on going the 2000 Ravens/Recent Jaguars/Vikings route, with 2 big stoute DTs in the middle.

Brace and Wilfork in the middle with Mayo behind them would make it awfully tough for anyone to run the ball.

I still think theyre better in a 3-4 shell though. Im sure we'll see a lot of hybrid looks.

I love Bellichick's schemes <333333.

Jarvis Green is a great 3-4 DE in his own right as well. I can see Brace being subbed in at DE when they wanna go run heavy on D.

Comment

I don't really like the fit of Adalius Thomas in a 4-3. Obviously a natural fit in a 3-4. Pats are gearing up for the transition but i don't think it will be quick. Just another chance for BB to throw additional looks at offenses.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                            I don't really like the fit of Adalius Thomas in a 4-3. Obviously a natural fit in a 3-4. Pats are gearing up for the transition but i don't think it will be quick. Just another chance for BB to throw additional looks at offenses.
                            I think Thomas can work as a DE in a 4-3. He's awfully versatile.

Bellichick is a 3-4 guy at heart. I see the 4-3 hybrid looks as strictly a situational front he'll use to maximize the productivity of his current personnel while he overhauls his defense with youth.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                              and the three years before that they were a playoff team.

how about arizona? they hadn't had a winning record since 1998 (their ONLY winning season since 1984), then suddenly they were in the nfc championship.

it's just typical swdc silliness. what happened last year is what's always going to happen until it doesn't, then THAT's what's always going to happen until it doesn't. it's borderline braindead to project a pick two years out.
                              I would agree with you in most cases but I think Oakland could be the exception to the rule here. Where is this franchise if Jamarcus never steps up to the plate? Even deeper down the rabbit hole.

Comment

I agree with CCSD. If it was any other organization, Id agree with NJX. But this is the Raiders.

Nothing they have done in the past 3 years leads me to believe theyre about to turn the corner. Theyve made bad decision after bad decision. Even bad teams who turn it around, you can sort of anticipate it by seeing progression in games, and with the draft.

But the Raiders are as stagnant as they come. Nothing has changed, they continue to make terrible decisions with their organization.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information