Patriots trade Richard Seymour to Raiders for 2011 First Round Pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots trade Richard Seymour to Raiders for 2011 First Round Pick

Via Adam Schefter and ESPN. Will get links now.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...o-Raiders.html

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Wow, thats huge, why would they do something like this? I know to get younger but whose going to replace Seymour at DE this season... are they really that unconfident that they will win big this year?

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

What a typical Patriots move..2011 1st? I'd be surprised if he's still in Oakland heading into that season.
      Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

Comment

This is one way for the Raiders to get the DT they need though I guess.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

somebody please stop the madness

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Surprising move to say the least. omgz. a first round pick of the raiders means a high pick I presume.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

woah, didn't see that coming... Good move by the Raiders but the Patriots missed on this one IMO.

Comment

Wow, surprising.

Just what the Pats need, a top 10 pick in 2011.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Wow, this is a suprise, but its a good move on the Raiders part. But is he worth a 1st rounder? And who will be replacing him? Ron Brace?

Comment

this is surprising and a pretty big move. that's gonna be a high pick though. another time where they'll end up with a high pick and get another Mayo calibur player early in the 1st.
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                      Wow, surprising.

Just what the Pats need, a top 10 pick in 2011.
                      That's just it - we cut Seymour to save money so we can pay an unproven rookie more?

This offseason has been a nightmare.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Well, I wouldn't assume it will be a high pick. A lot can happen in two years, and the Raiders defense continues to improve. If the Raiders come out next year with a solid draft, it could be a mid round pick and be worth it for them.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

This move would look even better if they took Raji instead of Heyward-Bey.

I guess this takes them out of the Gerald McCoy sweepstakes though

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                            Well, I wouldn't assume it will be a high pick. A lot can happen in two years, and the Raiders defense continues to improve. If the Raiders come out next year with a solid draft, it could be a mid round pick and be worth it for them.
                            Jbond, you know Al Davis is still running them, right?

I mean I do like their D a lot right now, a lot is riding on Jamarcus though. Who knows? We all rip on the Raiders but something could happen. They've got a good D and a very good group of RB's and a QB with potential. We'll see though
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I'm stunned, and yet, not. There's been talk of more 4-3 looks, and with the contracts up in 2010, it makes some sense. That said, Seymour was still a leader for this defensive unit, particularly with all that older guys moving on. As we've seen from BB though, he'll cut who he wants and live with it. I imagine we'll see Jarvis Green step in, who should be alright, and when they show 4-3 looks, it'll be Green/Burgess on the edges. They are trying to remake themselves on the fly, without losing a step. It'll be interesting to see if it works.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information