No announcement yet.

Merriman arrested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was mad because she gave him every STD and some that haven't even been discovered yet. This dude's a joke. I'm so glad Parcells recognized his character concerns before the draft and took Ware. DeMarcus adopted a baby and Shawne beats up 90 lb Asian women when he's not injecting needles in his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
      you guys all rip him for hooking up with tila tequila... news flash... he's not really a good looking guy, in fact i'd say he borderlines ape looking with a funny shaped head.

Spoken like a man who really appreciates the aesthetics of a good looking dude.

LOL!

Comment

Chocking Tila Tequila should be rewarded and not punished.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

this thread has more steroid jokes and implicit sexism than I can handle

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
            He was mad because she gave him every STD and some that haven't even been discovered yet. This dude's a joke. I'm so glad Parcells recognized his character concerns before the draft and took Ware. DeMarcus adopted a baby and Shawne beats up 90 lb Asian women when he's not injecting needles in his ass.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
            I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

So Merriman gave Tila a "shot" at love?

Cocain's a helluva drug

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                Spoken like a man who really appreciates the aesthetics of a good looking dude.

LOL!
                i just really like to point out the ugliness of some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                  Chocking Tila Tequila should be rewarded and not punished.
                  Perhaps, but being associated with her is what he should be punished for. She has trouble maker written all over her.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                    Ware is better all-around but Merriman is definitely the better pass rusher.
                    Ware is better in coverage, while Merriman is a better pass rusher. That is true. However, what's often overlooked is that Merriman is a beast against the run as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      Merriman is a beast against the run as well.
                      He is. I'd even argue that that is the biggest difference between the two players.

Comment

Some more info

http://www.nctimes.com/sports/footba...d28738189.html

SAN DIEGO ---- Chargers outside linebacker Shawne Merriman was arrested on Sunday and has been accused of choking and physically restraining girlfriend and MTV reality television star Tila Tequila as she tried to leave his Poway home.

Tequila, whose real name is Tila Nguyen, signed a citizen's arrest report and has charged Merriman with battery and false imprisonment. Both charges are felonies.

San Diego County Sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 call made by Tequila at 3:45 a.m. Sunday, claiming that Merriman had thrown her to the ground, choked her and kept her from leaving the residence.

Merriman was taken into custody, transported to the Poway Sheriff's Station for questioning, taken to jail at 8:31 a.m. and released at 11:09 a.m.

Tequila, 27, was taken by ambulance to Pomerado Hospital at her own request.

"Deputies did not observe any injuries to her, but she wanted to go and that is her right," Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Jan Caldwell said.

According to Pomerado spokesman Andy Hong, Tequila was treated and released at 7:36 a.m. in good condition.

Caldwell said that alcohol was involved in the incident, and that Tequila admitted to being intoxicated
                        . She could not speak to Merriman's level of intoxication early Sunday morning.

"During the evening, Ms. Tequila was extremely intoxicated, inebriated and Mr. Merriman did everything he could to assist her in arranging for transportation to leave his home," Todd Macaluso, Merriman's attorney, told reporters. "At no time did Mr. Merriman assault her; at no time did Mr. Merriman keep her against her will. His intentions were nothing but good."

Tequila's attorney, Scott Leemon, said in a statement that neither Tequila nor her representatives would comment publicly about the incident.

Caldwell said there were other people at Merriman's house at the time of the alleged incident, and some had already been interviewed by detectives as of Sunday afternoon. The investigation is ongoing, and Caldwell said the district attorney's office would decide whether to pursue the case and file formal charges.

"It's up to the district attorney as to whether these charges will stick, or if other charges apply, or if any apply," Caldwell said.

Tequila was an Internet celebrity on MySpace.com and starred in her own MTV reality show, "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila." The bisexual dating show, which ran for two seasons, featured men and women competing for Tequila's affection.

Tequila was in San Diego to attend Friday's preseason contest against San Francisco and went to Stingaree, a nightclub in downtown San Diego, with Merriman and others on Saturday night.

Stingaree released a statement Sunday saying, "Stingaree can confirm that Shawne Merriman and Tila 'Tequila' Nguyen arrived at Stingaree on Saturday evening together and joined a birthday celebration with friends already going on in the Penthouse. Merriman and Tequila stayed until closing in the early hours of Sunday morning. They seemed in good spirits throughout the evening and were enjoying themselves. There was no outward indication of any problem between the two of them."

Both Merriman, 25, and Tequila regularly update their Twitter profiles, but neither had posted anything regarding the alleged incident as of late Sunday afternoon.

While Merriman received a four-game suspension after testing positive for steroids in 2006, this is his first run-in with the law.

"It's disappointing to hear about the issue regarding Shawne Merriman," Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith said in a statement. "We'll continue to monitor the situation and let the legal process run its course."

Precedent suggests the team won't take punitive action until the legal process is complete. If nothing else, the incident is a distraction leading up to the Chargers' regular-season opener at Oakland on Sept. 14.

It will be Merriman's first regular season contest in more than a year. The three-time Pro Bowler had season-ending knee surgery after the 2008 opener and has gone through extensive rehab in an attempt to return to form.

Comment

Statement from Merriman

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10031914/Exclusive:-Merriman-says-he-didn't-hurt-'Tequila'

According to Merriman: "On September 6, 2009 the San Diego Sheriff's Department responded to a citizen's complaint that was initiated by Tila Nguyen (aka Tila Tequila). I was taken into custody based upon that complaint. At the time, I was concerned about her welfare given the intoxicated state she appeared to be in and I encouraged her to stay until safe transportation could be provided.

"We would all do our best to help a friend if we considered their actions to be detrimental to their personal safety. I in no way caused any harm to Ms. Nguyen, however, paramedics were called and she was examined but no injuries were reported. She was released and has since returned to Los Angeles, California. "There have been no charges filed against me. I want to thank the San Diego Sheriff's Department for their professionalism. I will continue to cooperate fully with the Department, and I look forward to clearing my name regarding these false allegations. I want to put this behind me so I can continue to focus on a successful season for the San Diego Chargers."

So maybe I'm biased but it really is starting to look like Tila is just a total nutjob. The fact that there were tons of witnesses and no marks on her helps.

Comment

Well it does look like Shawne is innocent, he still seems like a giant douche.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                            I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                              Haha, after I read this, this was the first thing I thought of:

Shawne Merriman
                              Height: 6'4"
                              Weight: 260-270
                              Profession: Professional Football Player

Tila Tequila
                              Height: 5'4"?
                              Weight: 90-110 pounds?
                              Profession: Professional waste?

Nice Shawne, very nice.
                              He needed someone who wouldn't pop his tiny balls. Roids will do that to you.

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                              I need more details, this makes no sense at all. Why would Merriman beef with a bisexual elf??

Where's the upside??

If he choked her, let's be honest, Tequlia would be R.I.P.

Oh, I just re-read the OP. It looks like Shawne was messing around with that freakazoid. This is a domestic non-story IMO. If there are no signs of physical bruising, I know this is chauvinist to say, but that trick is attempting to screw with Merriman's livelihood because he pissed her off.

But I did lose a few points of respect for Merriman for bringing that skank back to his crib to kick it!!

Ewwh!
                              Not everyone is a liar who accuses NFL players of $#!+. EDIT: Yeah but Merriman's side of the story actually makes alot more sense.
                              Last edited by Brothgar; 09-07-2009, 09:14 AM.
                              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Sounds like she wanted to leave while wasted and then drunkenly called 9-1-1 and said something was going on that wasn't. If that's true or not, we don't know for sure. Should be interesting.

"I remember my first beer..."

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information