Merriman arrested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    And they were right about that as well. Parcells did have Ware out in coverage more than Wade. That's not surprising that Ware is doing better under Wade considering the year that Merriman had under him when he was the DC of SD. We'll see how they do this year under hopefully equal footing. If Merriman is 100% back from his injuries, I can see a tight race between the two.
    I don't know if Ware will ever get 20 sacks again, but I know Merriman won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Actually it is completely impossible to know that.

I'm not a fan of generalizations but seriously, give it a rest Cowboy fans. I love you guys most of the time, but the whole Ware/Merriman thing is sooooo boring at this point. And too often the slightest compliment to Merriman sprouts up a slew of 'zomg ware is betterzz' comments. Just let them both wreck quarterbacks. On the field, I doubt any Bolt fan would trade Merriman for Ware, and I am just as sure that the opposite is true.
      Last edited by CC.SD; 09-11-2009, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Sacks are a pretty circumstantial stat. Guys that rank high year in and year out should get credit, but hitting a super high mark doesn't necessarily make you better. Unless you think Mike Strahan is the greatest pass rusher of all time.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
          Actually it is completely impossible to know that.

I'm not a fan of generalizations but seriously, give it a rest Cowboy fans. I love you guys most of the time, but the whole Ware/Merriman thing is sooooo boring at this point. And too often the slightest compliment to Merriman sprouts up a slew of 'zomg ware is betterzz' comments. Just let them both wreck quarterbacks. On the field, I doubt any Bolt fan would trade Merriman for Ware, and I am just as sure that the opposite is true.
          We will see what you say when San Diego lets him go next off-season.

Comment

Shawne Merriman's rookie year, he didn't start till his 7th game and that year he got 10 sacks.

2nd year he only played 12 games and he recorded 17 sacks

3rd year 15 games 12 sacks

I don't think Merriman getting 20 sacks is impossible, I dont think it is impossible playing in the AFC west.
            Last edited by bantx; 09-11-2009, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bantx View Post
              Shawne Merriman's rookie year, he didn't start till his 7th game and that year he got 10 sacks.

2nd year he only played 12 games and he recorded 17 sacks

3rd year 15 games 12 sacks

I don't think Merriman getting 20 sacks isnt impossible, I'd think its very possible playing in the AFC west.
              Now I know why you have that avy! It hypnotizes people first then when they read your posts, they believe it! ahahaha.

So you in my new league or no?

Comment

Now I know why you have that avy! It hypnotizes people first then when they read your posts, they believe it! ahahaha.

So you in my new league or no?
                When is the draft? because I'm pretty busy this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  There's more chances of it not happening IMO especially with the charges dropped against Merriman. More than likely, we'll keep franchising like the Ravens did with Suggs. Also alot of it will not only depend on how he plays this season, but what the Cowboys give Ware as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    I will still be bored by the Merriman/Ware debate. When Merriman does walk, it will be because AJ Smith hates him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                      It's funny. That used to be Cowboys fans' excuse back in the Parcells days.

Excuse me? So you guys are allowed to have a circle jerk about your clearly inferior player on the general board without any response? I'm not the one that brought it up, nor do I wish to even discuss it at this point in time (although I will be making my annual comparison thread at some point this season...as long as its worth talking about) but the stuff you guys were spouting warranted a response. Ware has clearly moved ahead of Merriman as a player, even compared to Shawne's peak, and I'm sure the vast majority of posters share the sentiment.

If there was a thread about Reggie Bush and Kim Kardashian, and some random Bush lover took the thread on a tangent about him being so great and better than DeAngelo Williams, though all recent evidence suggests otherwise, it would get a response and warrant it.

In fact, you are the one who sounds insecure. I merely stated the fact, but throwing a rock at your glass house has you a little worried, it appears. Just made the obvious rebuttal to the "Merriman is better than Ware in X ways." None of what was said is true.

And don't think just because BBD started it that its ok. He's notorious for a) being a contrarian and arguing the less popular notion and b) unassumingly and skillfully provoking me in a way that can never be pinned on him :)
                      haha :) Trust me, I had no intention of purposely trying to ruffle your feathers. To be honest, I have no real reason to believe what I believe. Its more of a hunch. I just think Merriman is gonna go ape **** this year. He goes against worse olines.

Like I said, I really have no legit reason. Its just a hunch. He's gonna let the ogre out this year. I also like his pass rush moves more, bc he uses his hands more. But again, theres no quantifiable reason why I feel this way. I just do. *shrug*

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        I will still be bored by the Merriman/Ware debate. When Merriman does walk, it will be because AJ Smith hates him.
                        Right now I think there's a bigger chance that Cro gets let go before Merriman.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information