No announcement yet.

Stafford named starting QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stafford is not going to have a Matt Ryan type rookie year. He will throw a lot of INT's, but he will also make a lot of long completions. The important thing is he gets a lot of work and stays healthy. He's probably always going to be a Brett Favre/Jay Cutler style QB who takes lots of risks, makes lots of big plays and throws his fair share of INT's.

Comment

The decision to start Stafford furthers my belief that Kevin Smith will run for 1400 yards.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        How is Joey different than Akili?

Both busts in my eyes. I don't see their environment being significantly different.
        Every play in college for Akili Smith had "right" or "left" associated with it to tell which side of the field he looked at.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I really dont think its the right decision to start Stafford right off the bat. I didnt buy into his hype last off season, I think he needs some time to sit and learn before he starts in the NFL. If I were the coach Id wait til around mid season to start giving him some time

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
            Every play in college for Akili Smith had "right" or "left" associated with it to tell which side of the field he looked at.
            Not necessarily true.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
              I hope you're right about Williams. He's been pretty bad so far. If he wasn't such a high pick, he probably would've been cut.
              I'm stunned. Stunned, I tell you.

Comment

Stafford will finish the year with a 158.4 QB rating after he breaks the QB rating system.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Bad news for Stafford. Grant and Smith will play.
                  Last edited by Saints 4 Lyfe; 09-08-2009, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
                    Bad news for Stafford. Grand and Smith will play.
                    Grand or Grant? In better news for Stafford, so will the Saints corners and this guy, Calvin Johnson. Might have heard of him?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      Bad choice.
                      Agreed, whole-heartedly.

He's been terrible so far, no need to throw him to the dogs so early. Did they learn nothing from Harrington (well, I thought Harrington sucked anyway)?
                      Just play me, baby

Comment

There have been Quarterbacks who have succeeded when thrown into the fire and inversely. I don't think it makes a lot of difference. I think the good Quarterbacks come through eventually, regardless of circumstance. I don't think David Carr would have been better than Aaron Rodgers had the situations been reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          Grand or Grant? In better news for Stafford, so will the Saints corners and this guy, Calvin Johnson. Might have heard of him?
                          Grant, you're right. I was typing too fast.

Jabari Greer makes me worry a lot less.

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                            Agreed, whole-heartedly.

He's been terrible so far, no need to throw him to the dogs so early. Did they learn nothing from Harrington (well, I thought Harrington sucked anyway)?
                            Terrible is a massive stretch. He hasn't been great but he's been decent enough and Keary Colbert make his stats seem worse than they should.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information