No announcement yet.

Average Ages of NFL teams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 3 years ago it was tennessee, it's rare to see a team remain toward the bottom for youth.
    Green Bay don't sign free agents though, that will skew the stat if you basically only add players through the draft, basically replace anyone who goes out with a younger guy.

Stat really needs to be broken down by positions and starters to really show anything though. For instance the Vikes are fairly old on the list, but our offense is really very young outside of Favre. Our defense is a fair bit older though and our older guys are key guys.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
      Mark Brunell turns 39 in 10 days. That one aged veteran on your team makes this stat not as valid as you might think.
      John Carney is 45 too. So yeah, Brunell and Carney bring down the average age on our team. Our starters and contributers are all young.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        Not a surprise to see the Lions toward the top of this list. There's only a handful of players in the organization anymore that we actually drafted (Thanks Millen).
        there are like 6 players left not counting last years draft
        Last edited by Gay Ork Wang; 09-08-2009, 03:37 AM.

Comment

The difference is less that 2 years between #1 and #32. The bolded franchises are fairly evenly spread out over the list. The stat is fairly interesting, but ultimately pretty pointless really.

Comment

Damn you Mark Brunell and John Carney.
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
              The difference is less that 2 years between #1 and #32. The bolded franchises are fairly evenly spread out over the list. The stat is fairly interesting, but ultimately pretty pointless really.
              The average career of an NFL player is 3 years, so not really.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                Not surprised to see the Buccaneers as one of the youngest teams considering the roster revolution that has gone on the last 6 months.
                Yep. I think we are a Dirk Johnson away from being the youngest in the league.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The Giants would be even younger if we didn't have Jeff Feagles skewing the numbers.

But as far as Im concerned, Jeff could put until he's 50. As long as he can do it, I have no problem with him being our punter.

Comment

I don't think 1 or 2 players is going to make a difference. Two years ago when we had Favre and a LS that was in his 40s we still topped it

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

suppose the average age is 26, and you add a 40 year old kicker to your roster while someone is on IR (hypothetical)

(26*52 (players) + 40)/53 = 26.25 years old average one or two oldies doesn't spoil your team.
                      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                        The average career of an NFL player is 3 years, so not really.
                        The age difference between the typical young and typical older rookie coming out of college is about the same margin of 2 years. So in this case, age doesn't necessarily translate to years pro so easily.

Comment

I knew we were young but not the 3rd youngest

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information