X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average Ages of NFL teams

Source:http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...ms-in-nfc-west

Ranked oldest to youngest
    (Bolded successful franchises last year)

1 Redskins 28.02
    2 Saints 27.99
    3 Cardinals 27.74
    3 Patriots 27.74
    5 Lions 27.62
    6 49ers 27.51
    7 Steelers 27.50
    8 Vikings 27.48
    9 Seahawks 27.41
    10 Falcons 27.39
    11 Titans 27.29
    12 Browns 27.18
    13 Jets 27.16
    13 Broncos 27.16
    15 Bears 27.02
    16 Cowboys 26.93
    17 Bills 26.93
    18 Chargers 26.93
    19 Texans 26.89
    20 Giants 26.88
    21 Ravens 26.83
    22 Raiders 26.82
    23 Eagles 26.81
    24 Rams 26.73
    25 Jaguars 26.61
    26 Bengals 26.60
    27 Dolphins 26.47
    28 Bucs 26.46
    29 Panthers 26.39
    30 Chiefs 26.36
    31 Colts 26.34
    32 Packers 26.16
    I'm surprised to see the Panthers and Packers so low. Interesting that the Panthers, Eagles Colts and Dolphins were the teams in the bottom to have a playoff year.

Packers I thought would be higher given the age in their secondary, but I guess this bodes really well for the future considering how close a lot of their games were last year.

Not real good for the Saints.

Dang I remeber when VY came to the Titans we were the youngest team in the NFL.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Kurt Warner and Brett Favre bring up the Vikings and Cardinals age 5 years by themselves.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Vikings are mainly high because of Favre, Pat Williams and Winfield and probably Steve Hutchinson. The Vikings defense is rather young though.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Also, if you take Jeff Feagles off the Giants then we are actually probably in that 25-30 range.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Weird to see that for the Saints. I bet we drop a lot if you use starters only... our main contributors are pretty young.
            Originally posted by SNIPER26
            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

I'm honestly surprised we're not lower. I know guys like Pierce, Robbens and our oline aren't spring chickens, but almost all of our backups are young players who are still improving and at many positions we are very young.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

This is like the 3rd or 4th straight year that the Packers have been in the top 5 of youngest teams so I'm not suprised that we're the youngest yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Also, if you take Jeff Feagles off the Giants then we are actually probably in that 25-30 range.
                  Yeah, Feagles for us screws the avg. big time!

Comment

Not a surprise to see the Lions toward the top of this list. There's only a handful of players in the organization anymore that we actually drafted (Thanks Millen).
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post

Not real good for the Saints.
                      Mark Brunell turns 39 in 10 days. That one aged veteran on your team makes this stat not as valid as you might think.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

I wonder how these would look if you took out the 2 or 3 oldest players on each team.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                          Mark Brunell turns 39 in 10 days. That one aged veteran on your team makes this stat not as valid as you might think.
                          Exactly. That skews things for several teams, such as the Vikings, who are actually quite young if you remove a few of the veterans like Favre(39--will be 40) and Pat Williams(36--will be 37), and even Longwell is 34.

sig by BK and avy by me
                          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                          If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

This stat always seemed quite silly to me. It's always used as some moral victory or excuse.

I'd like to see a writer break down a roster more when they bring up age. See the average age of a team's starters, avg. age of a team's positional units (ie. OL, DL, DB's), etc. That'd be really cool.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Not surprised to see the Buccaneers as one of the youngest teams considering the roster revolution that has gone on the last 6 months.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information