Tidbits you probably don't know

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not hating just a couple of postseason thoughts:
    • Tom Brady has never lost a home playoff game (8-0)
    • Kurt Warner has never lost a home playoff game (6-0)
    • Eli Manning has never won a home playoff game (0-2) but is 3-1 away from home
    • In nine trips to the postseason Peyton Manning has lost the first playoff game 6 times
    • Last year was the first time this decade there wasn't a number one seed in the superbowl

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
      On TE's like Tony G and Kellen Winslow on passing downs blocking... you guys are saying it like it's a bad thing, I would never have those guys pass blocking... like ever, maybe a chip at most.
      +1, I don't want a TE blocking on a pass play either.

Comment

+1, I don't want a TE blocking on a pass play either.
        You basically are saying that between your line and any backs staying in that you have no confidence and require more help. That said, I can understand that a TE who blocks on pass plays more often does make your play action game more dangerous as you can't read off the TE.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by the dude View Post
          tony romo had the best qb rating in the 4. quarter with 114,7
          i find that really hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
            A RB who caused the most misses isn't necessarily the most elusive. RB's with more carries are gonna have more opportunities to make defenders miss.

Williams had the 9th most carries in the NFL 103 less than turner and 90 less than Peterson, Stewart had the 28th. Lynch had the 12th.

Williams made more people miss with a hell of a lot less carries.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
              Williams had the 9th most carries in the NFL 103 less than turner and 90 less than Peterson, Stewart had the 28th. Lynch had the 12th.

Williams made more people miss with a hell of a lot less carries.
              Now here is where style of running comes in to play I think. Turner may be called a burner, but he breaks a good deal of tackles as well. I'd like to see the combined totals of missed tackles with broken tackles, unless broken tackles is included in the missed category. If that is the case, the numbers seem very low, and there should be more for many of these runners.
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Ive seen Chad Pennington work his magic the entire time he was with the Jets.

The problem with Chad was he didnt have the arm to survive in Jersey. People just don't understand how hard it is to throw at Giants stadium. Theres a reason why the Jets and Giants have had only Joe Namath and Phil Simms for the past 40 years.

And because of his noodle arm, he couldn't lead your team to a comeback in a 2 minute drill. Put those 2 together, and it just wasn't going to work.

But in Miami, he resurrected his career bc of the weather and he finally was healthy. But even then, he couldnt lead a team when they were down 2 scores in a game. See the Baltimore playoff game as an example.

He's a good qb. But I don't think you can win a championship with him. I like him as a rent-a-qb while your team develops a young guy. Parcells is doing it right in Miami.
                If Pennington played in a pure WCO, short dumpoffs to the RBs and FB, intermediate routes to the WRs and TEs, I bet he would rock.

His accuracy, intelligence, field vision and mediocre arm strength are best suited IMO for a Bill Walsh offensive scheme.

Comment

As I said, Brees should get credit, and seniormysterioso spoke about the guards around him as factors as well, but also the factor of his competiton should be counted as well, and there aren't many premier interior pass rushing DL in the NFC south for him to go up against, and that plays a role in it as well. But the majority of the credit should go to Goodwin for giving up 0 sacks in that time.
                  I guess that's why the pundits say the Saints have the best passing offense in the league now, by best I think they mean most efficient with regard to less 3 & outs & scoring. The modern NFL is all about pass defense & pass protection, maybe in the salary cap/FA era you can't afford both. Perhaps that's why NO was schizoid, great passing offense but awful secondary & defensing the pass.

Still it's an interesting evolution of the Saints from a running team with former top pick (now unemployed) Deuce McAllister to a passing one beginning with the acquisition of the most beloved by his receivers QB in the NFL, Drew Brees. I think it's b/c he throws one of the most catchable balls in the league, & he brings added value with his game management & team leader skills, that guy is just plain $.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Its easy to throw a high completion percentage when youre throwing 5 yard passes to TEs and RBs half the time.

Ive seen enough of Chad Pennington in the 5 or so years he was in Jersey to know what he is. Ask any Jet fan if you don't believe me.
                    And?

Most fans are as baseless of their opinions as you are.

LETS PLAY A GAME.

Which quarterback career stat line is which: Eli or Pennington

Yards/Attempt: 6.4
                    Yards/Attempt: 6.3

Yep. So. Same Y/A... and about 10% greater completion rate... what is it? Both were running first teams... in the same stadium. One has CONSIDERABLY more arm strength than the other... Hell, they have around the same pass attempts and about the same number of starts... (although Penningtons Career is a bit longer)... Why?

Tell me BBD, what is it that makes the meadowlands need a qb with such a great arm strength?
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
                      i find that really hard to believe.
                      and that is what makes it so damn interesting

4th Quarter att 109 com 69 pct 63.3 yards 946 tds 9 ints 1 rating 114.7

http://www.nfl.com/players/tonyromo/...s?id=ROM787981

Comment

On the topic of corey webster he also lead the league in PDs with 21.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Not a stat or about NFL players, but interesting "tidbit" nonetheless

BYU reportedly has 26 married players on their football team and 26 players with children. Advantage to be 2-3-4 years older than the rest of your competition? I think so...

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                            Now here is where style of running comes in to play I think. Turner may be called a burner, but he breaks a good deal of tackles as well. I'd like to see the combined totals of missed tackles with broken tackles, unless broken tackles is included in the missed category. If that is the case, the numbers seem very low, and there should be more for many of these runners.
                            It's both Broken and missed tackles, part of me thinks Williams is so high not just because he's a quick shifty guy but because he's got a nasty stiff arm too.

Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                            Not a stat or about NFL players, but interesting "tidbit" nonetheless

BYU reportedly has 26 married players on their football team and 26 players with children. Advantage to be 2-3-4 years older than the rest of your competition? I think so...
                            I don't know much about BYU but is that the school that has a lot of mormons or former missionaries or something?

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                              It's both Broken and missed tackles, part of me thinks Williams is so high not just because he's a quick shifty guy but because he's got a nasty stiff arm too.

I don't know much about BYU but is that the school that has a lot of mormons or former missionaries or something?
                              yeah its a mormon college, they all have to do some missionary work thats why byu players are often a couple of years older when they enter the draft. i think

Comment

On the BYU stat, thats kind of cool that you have all those players that are taking care of their families and are still able to compete at such a high level despite some pretty obvious restrictions on recruiting. That's a real credit to the coaching staff.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information