Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 1 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If you only wanted a few yards for the field goal why take the snap out of the shotgun?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Stranger View Post
      If you only wanted a few yards for the field goal why take the snap out of the shotgun?
      try to fool the defense and maybe get a lil more on a draw

      Comment


      • If we lose, it's solely Barbre's fault. It reminds me of the Monday Night game against Philadelphia some years back when Ahmad Carroll was just abused. He was cut that same week.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          That's what Julius does. A bunch of bleh runs and then he breaks one of those long ones. Julius is in a really good position now, being a featured back. He's the type of back that gets better w/ the more carries he gets and Edge isnt really a threat there. Just like Thomas did in his 6th year, I think Julius is poised to break out. Def. not the norm at all but, Julius looks to be going down the same path. Late bloomers, I suppose.
          Lol, he's not the feature back.


          He started last year the exact same way, then he couldn't keep Mo Morries off the field. I wouldn't get carried away after facing the Rams, do you really think they go and sign Edge if their all that confident in what he can do? Their more then likely drafting his replacement next year early their just trying to salvage what they can out of him now.





          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

          Comment


          • Julius Jones = Fool's Gold
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

            Comment


            • Urlacher is pissed.

              Comment


              • Kuhn destroyed Lance Briggs on that block.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  Lol, he's not the feature back.


                  He started last year the exact same way, then he couldn't keep Mo Morries off the field. I wouldn't get carried away after facing the Rams, do you really think they go and sign Edge if their all that confident in what he can do? Their more then likely drafting his replacement next year early their just trying to salvage what they can out of him now.
                  He is their feature back. He's going to get 20 carries per game. Edge replaced Duckett and Mora has said that they will use Jones as their workhorse, he's going to get the carries. It didnt help Julius' case last season that he was constantly butting heads with Holmgren. Being placed in his doghouse and that was that.

                  edit...forgot to mention that Knapp is the new offensive coord., he's going to be getting the ball a whole lot and they plan on riding him.
                  Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-13-2009, 09:54 PM.

                  Thanks BoneKrusher^

                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

                  Comment


                  • I love awful blocking and bad penalties.

                    Comment


                    • The Bears' line got such a great initial push on that run and Cullen Jenkins still stopped it for a loss.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        He is their feature back. He's going to get 20 carries per game. Edge replaced Duckett and Mora has said that they will use Jones as their workhorse, he's going to get the carries. It didnt help Julius' case last season that he was constantly butting heads with Holmgren. Being placed in his doghouse and that was that.

                        edit...forgot to mention that Knapp is the new offensive coord., he's going to be getting the ball a whole lot and they plan on riding him.
                        You can't honestly put all the blame on him falling off last year on Holmgren, you know that's not the case. If he's such a great player they'd play him.


                        Last year he had 22 carries for 140 yards and a Td vs the Rams, he also had 26 carries for 127 yards and a TD vs SF the week before that, all in the first month.


                        Then he only had 3 games with more then 10 carries after that point, when everyone was saying "oh here comes Julius he just needed a change, now he's the feature back", nothing has changed. He's a flash in the pan, when November rolls around and he's getting 9 carries again I wonder what the excuses will be for him then.


                        First wasn't it Parcells making him run like a robot? Then it was Barber taking his snaps, then it was Holmgren's doghouse. It's never the obvious thing, like he has no vision what so ever and runs like a ***** and it only takes so long for the staff to realize it.





                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                        Comment


                        • Hahaha, fail

                          Comment


                          • what the hell was that

                            Comment


                            • 4th and 11!

                              Comment


                              • Who the hell is calling that type of ****?!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information