Week 1 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
    I think the loss of Pace realy hurts them because it means there is no real dominant pass rush threat. Darrelle Revis is a great young CB but he is going up against in my opinion the best WR in the NFL. Plus with Owen Daniels at TE and Slaton I think the Texans will be able to put up just enough points. I really think any team that scores more than 14 on a given week against the Jets will have a very good chance at winning the game. There is just not enough offense for them outside Leon Washington and Dustin Keller
    Thing is we can just do one thing to HOU if their Run D looked that bad as it did vs MIN(I know Jones is no All Day but he had the better year last yr in terms of rushing yds I think) is we can control the clock and just keep running, running and running with the occasional dink and dunk/small throws by Sanchez to keep the D's honest....since Sanchez will probably be babied early in the year.

You control the clock and keep that Houston offense off the field, its a win. It'll get the QB and O-Line off sync and off rhythm and will give them less of a chance to fire up on our lack of a pass rush.

Comment

Thing is we can just do one thing to HOU if their Run D looked that bad as it did vs MIN(I know Jones is no All Day but he had the better year last yr in terms of rushing yds I think) is we can control the clock and just keep running, running and running with the occasional dink and dunk/small throws by Sanchez to keep the D's honest....since Sanchez will probably be babied early in the year.
      Outside of that one run their run D was actually really good against us, DeMeco Ryans was beasting out there. I'm picking the Texans in this one but it would not surprise me at all if the Jets did win, they have a lot of talent through out their team, especially in the trenches.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

The Texans are getting Brian Cushing and Dunta Robinson back for week 1. I think their D will be better than what they showed this preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
          Chris Hope is the SS, and Griffin is the FS. Both went to the Pro Bowl last season. Griffin actually had 2 INT's last season in the game against Pittsburgh.

If Tennessee blitzes, it could really come from anywhere - NB, MLB, S, OLB. I don't think we'll blitz too frequently, though.

I'm really not too worried about the pass-rush. The Titans got 5 sacks in last year's game, and that was without Albert Haynesworth and Kyle Vanden Bosch in the line-up. Both missed the game with injuries.
          It will be an interesting game that's for sure. I am sure both teams will use last years game as a model as well as the most recent games too. But I am curious to see how many times you guys blitz. I know LeBeau will send his guys after Carrie Collins, so it will be interesting to see how and where you guys bring pressure from when you do blitz.

We had 5 sacks as well, but that happens when you play the Steelers.. Ben holds the ball til the last moment which is a double edge sword. So I would guess you would get some tomorrow just because he is waiting until the last moment to find someone.
          Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG; 09-09-2009, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
            It's not just their secondary. The DL has been horrible(injuries haven't helped) and their LB group has quite possibly become the weakest part of the defense. In fact, based on last years performance you could argue their secondary as their best performed defensive unit.
            Wait what? that is laughable....

also the DL is being taught by one of the best DL Coaches in the league right now, so yea there should be improvement. Secondary is by far the worst unit on the defense. Bowman and Steltz might start, two guys who havent started a game yet

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              I love the NFC North this year. But when all is said and done I look for these factors to play a role:

1. Brett Favre will fade down the stretch. This isn't even a question. He doesn't have the youthful vigor or the conditioning from training camp to sustain production past the few two months of the season.

2. Jay Cutler is great, so is Matt Forte; that being said I think the Bears' lack of receivers, pass rush and secondary will be their undoing.

Ergo I like the Packers in this division.
              Wait, you didn't comment on the Lions? I don't know if I like everyone writing off the Bears because of their lack of wide recievers. Greg Olsen is more talented than Tony Schefftler and Matt Forte can catch passes out of the backfield. Earl Bennett out of Vanderbilt is, I believe, going in to his third year and coul quite possibly become a very solid target. They do lack a true #1 but they have some options there that they can work with.

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
              Throw in Harris and Bigby and you have a damn good secondary if it stays healthy, amongst the best in the league even. Tramon Williams looks pretty damn good as well for the longterm. The more you look at that defense, the scarier it actually is, from the youngest team in the league no less... It makes me a little sick inside ;)
              Harris and Bigby are hardly anything to write home about. Tramon Williams still needs work and I'm glad he's still the #3 for now. He often gets beat for big plays. Bigby has hopefully improved in coverage and become a more complete strong safety rather than one that's head hunting. Dom Capers is going to have a lot of fun with Bigby if he has shown to the staff that he can be trusted.

All this talk makes me more and more excited for Sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                Wait what? that is laughable....

also the DL is being taught by one of the best DL Coaches in the league right now, so yea there should be improvement. Secondary is by far the worst unit on the defense. Bowman and Steltz might start, two guys who havent started a game yet
                Your right. Two of the top 25 LB's in the last 10 years... and it's suddenly the weakest part of the defense?

The DL is going to be better. Injury has killed it, but, with increase in depth, more playing time for Idonije, Mark Anderson looking like he still has a little left in him... Heck, the DL's inability to create pressure makes the secondary look bad, and they're really not that awful... well. Maybe Danieal Manning.

Really though, I think everyone going bonkers over how good Minnesota is now that they have Favre are just one injury to predicting how good Minnesota is with Jackson, and another 9-7 season... or if AD goes down, teams will key on Favre.

Edit: Greg Olsen is probably the #1 WR on the team.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Danieal manning actually was pretty decent or even great at Nickel. Just not at anything else

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                    I ignored all the reading I was supposed to do for class and I put together some predictions on the season, and I felt I wasn't important enough to have my own thread, without further ado.....

AFC East
                    1. Patriots (14-2)
                    2. Dolphins (7-9)
                    3. Bills (7-9)
                    4. Jets (7-9)

AFC North
                    1. Steelers (13-3)
                    2. Ravens (12-4)
                    3. Browns (5-11)
                    4. Bengals (3-13)

AFC South
                    1. Colts (12-4)
                    2. Texans (10-6)
                    3. Titans (8-8)
                    4. Jaguars (7-9)

AFC West
                    1. Chargers (9-7)
                    2. Chiefs (6-10)
                    3. Broncos (5-11)
                    4. Raiders (5-11)

NFC East
                    1. Eagles (13-3)
                    2. Giants (10-6)
                    3. Cowboys (8-8)
                    4. Redskins (6-10)

NFC North
                    1. Vikings (11-5)
                    2. Packers (11-5)
                    3. Bears (8-8)
                    4. Lions (4-12)

NFC South
                    1. Saints (9-7)
                    2. Falcons (8-8)
                    3. Buccaneers (6-10)
                    4. Panthers (6-10)

NFC West
                    1. Cardinals (10-6)
                    2. Seahawks (8-8)
                    3. 49ers (6-10)
                    4. My Rams (2-14)
                    Not to be a dick and single you out, but EVERY time someone does this and guesses at team's final records they ALWAYS do it wrong. You have it so that 277 games are won in the season and 235 are lost. A season has to finish with an overall record of 256-256 obviously and almost no one EVER bothers to adjust their predictions accordingly. Just one of my random ass hole pet peeves when it comes to people making NFL predictions.

/rant

Also, ******* STOKED ON STEELERS-TITANS GAME!!! Unfortunately, I'll probably have to be looking forward to watching other team's play besides the Bills because I think they are going to be **** awful this year with their completely new offensive line. I do however think Maybin will be a force against the pass and put up at least 7.5 sacks on the year and as a team we will have more sacks than last year (not saying much) and our short-mid range pass defense should be much improved, deep game, ehhhnnn... not very confident in our safeties to help our corners out too much on the deep ball. Probably another 7-9 season for us that will be helped by a pretty weak schedule for the most part and HOPEFULLY, Jauron's last season as our head coach. Bring us Mike Shanahan please.

Comment

Apparently, Quinn won the QB job over at Cleveland.

http://twitter.com/terrellowens/statuses/3868831652

http://www.rotowire.com/Brady-Quinn-...0868-spnfl.htm

Comment

Everyone expected the move the entire offseason. No need to try to keep this kind of thing secret Mangini, its not gonna help. Nothing can help that cursed franchise.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

I'm excited about the Saints-Lions game but I'm even more excited about watching my boy Louis Delmas play.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

This week is taking forever.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

27 hours til kickoff tomorrow

I really can't wait for my Football fix now, and if the Titans can win tomorrow opening up the season against the defending champions at Heinz Field, it will be a hell of an upset and they could ride that momentum for the following weeks

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                              Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

My predictions. They're weird but I didn't want to have what everyone else has. And yes Vox, it does add up to equal wins and losses.

Bold = Divison Winners
                                Italic = Wild Card

AFC North
                                1. Cincinnati Bengals (10-6)
                                2. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6)
                                3. Cleveland Browns (7-9)
                                4. Baltimore Ravens (6-10)

AFC South
                                1. Tennessee Titans (11-5)
                                2. Houston Texans (11-5)
                                3. Indianapolis Colts (10-6)
                                4. Jacksonville Jaguars (7-9)

AFC West
                                1. San Diego Chargers (11-5)
                                2. Denver Broncos (7-9)
                                3. Kansas City Chiefs (5-11)
                                4. Oakland Raiders (2-14)

AFC East
                                1. New England Patriots (12-4)
                                2. Miami Dolphins (10-6)
                                3. Buffalo Bills (7-9)
                                4. New York Jets (3-13)

NFC North
                                1. Green Bay Packers (13-3)
                                2. Chicago Bears (11-5)
                                3. Minnesota Vikings (6-10)
                                4. Detroit Lions (3-13)

NFC South
                                1. New Orleans Saints (11-5)
                                2. Atlanta Falcons (9-7)
                                3. Carolina Panthers (8-8)
                                4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11)

NFC West
                                1. Arizona Cardinals (10-6)
                                2. San Francisco 49ers (9-7)
                                3. Seattle Seahawks (8-8)
                                4. St. Louis Rams (4-12)

NFC East
                                1. Philadelphia Eagles (12-4)
                                2. New York Giants (9-7)
                                3. Dallas Cowboys (5-11)
                                4. Washington Redskins (4-12)

Wild Card

3. Titans over 6. Steelers
                                5. Texans over 4. Bengals

3. Saints over 6. Falcons
                                4. Cardinals over 5. Bears

Divisional

1. Patriots over 5. Texans
                                3. Titans over 2. Chargers

1. Packers over 4. Cardinals
                                3. Saints over 2. Eagles

Conference

3. Titans over 1. Patriots
                                1. Packers over 3. Saints

Super Bowl

Packers over Titans
                                Last edited by kalbears13; 09-09-2009, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information