No announcement yet.

Week 1 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You had to see this post coming if you read my earlier post in this thread, but it is impossible for your regular season predictions to be accurate, kalbears13 since you are predicting that somehow the league will finish 257-255... I'm going to be that guy lol.
    Last edited by Vox Populi; 09-09-2009, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
      You had to see this post coming if you read my earlier post in this thread, but it is impossible for your regular season predictions to be accurate, kalbears13 since you are predicting that somehow the league will finish 247-265... I'm going to be that guy lol.
      haha I was sure I did the math right. That's why I even said I did it right in the beginning. So yes I did see your post.

EDIT: I just checked my math and I got 257-255. I must have been off by 1. I'll fix it somewhere in there. (Sorry Seahawks, you're losing 1 win.)
      Last edited by kalbears13; 09-09-2009, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post

Super Bowl

Packers over Titans
        You're awesome. The Packers sure did gain a ton of momentum this preseason. Adam Scheffler and Chris Mortenson both picked Green Bay to represent the NFC. We shall see.

Comment

Yeah, I even messed up a wee bit and wrote you had 247 wins originally in my post ;)

At least your head was in the right place and you considered the league's winning percentage has to be .500 overall. Thanks. I may rest in peace now *vanishes into the darkness*

Comment

Yeah, I even messed up a wee bit and wrote you had 247 wins originally in my post ;)

At least your head was in the right place and you considered the league's winning percentage has to be .500 overall. Thanks. I may rest in peace now *vanishes into the darkness*
            Well if the Raiders and Lions were to play, is it possible that both teams could lose???

Comment

Interesting Broncos info (since no one goes to the team forum):

Mario Haggan was named a defensive captain and DJ Williams was not.
              Marshall is currently discussing a contract extension with the team.
              Orton is planning on playing week one, but isn't completely sure.
              Gaffney, Kuper, Moreno, Orton and Simms were all limited in practice.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
              Originally posted by Job
              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                Interesting Broncos info (since no one goes to the team forum):

Mario Haggan was named a defensive captain and DJ Williams was not.
                Marshall is currently discussing a contract extension with the team.
                Orton is planning on playing week one, but isn't completely sure.
                Gaffney, Kuper, Moreno, Orton and Simms were all limited in practice.
                Mario Haggan rules!
                I'm really glad to see him in a prominent position now. Hope he does well, even if the big hopes are for the next guy.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                  Mario Haggan rules!
                  I'm really glad to see him in a prominent position now. Hope he does well, even if the big hopes are for the next guy.
                  holy crap, man. I'm stoked to hear that too. He never really had a chance in Buffalo with Spikes, Posey and Fletcher clogging up the lineup when we had a great defense with Williams and Adams up front and then Nate, Winfield and Milloy back deep. Where did it all go :|

Anyways, enough remembering how awesome our defense once was... great to hear Haggan is coming up in the league now, he was an awesome special teamer for the Bills and its awesome that hes getting a shot, even if he is already a pretty veteran player in the league (6th year now for him?)

Comment

Glad to see some Haggan love. Broncos just signed him to a two year extension, so they must really like what they see. Now I'm pretty stoked to see him on the field, I wasn't really looking for him during preseason.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                    Originally posted by Job
                    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

5-11? Only way Dallas goes 5-11 is if Romo, Witten, and Ware fall off the face of the earth. I mean really, the team looks faster and more talented than last year. They're injury free when it comes to the starters and we play the AFC West this year. Come on.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

Bengals winning the division and Baltimore goes 6-10? I hate the Ravens, but there is no chance in hell they do that bad and the Bengals win the division.

Comment

I think the Bengals will win 9 games this season but they will not win the division or be a better team then the Ravens and Steelers. A lot of his predictions are outrageous but maybe it will be another crazy year
                          Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                          Just let it go RWO.
                          We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Not to be a dick and single you out, but EVERY time someone does this and guesses at team's final records they ALWAYS do it wrong. You have it so that 277 games are won in the season and 235 are lost. A season has to finish with an overall record of 256-256 obviously and almost no one EVER bothers to adjust their predictions accordingly. Just one of my random ass hole pet peeves when it comes to people making NFL predictions.

/rant.
                            I musta went wrong somewhere, I tried to go week by week for teams and I don't care. **** math, **** it up the ass. EDIT: U may wanna check ur math.....I just checked and I got 256....Good Work there.
                            Last edited by yodabear; 09-09-2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                              I musta went wrong somewhere, I tried to go week by week for teams and I don't care. **** math, **** it up the ass. EDIT: U may wanna check ur math.....I just checked and I got 256....Good Work there.
                              Drunk calculator is drunk. I think my calculator is drunk by the way. Either way, my rant remains valid for people who just forget about it and assign random totals.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                5-11? Only way Dallas goes 5-11 is if Romo, Witten, and Ware fall off the face of the earth. I mean really, the team looks faster and more talented than last year. They're injury free when it comes to the starters and we play the AFC West this year. Come on.
                                Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                                Bengals winning the division and Baltimore goes 6-10? I hate the Ravens, but there is no chance in hell they do that bad and the Bengals win the division.
                                Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                                I think the Bengals will win 9 games this season but they will not win the division or be a better team then the Ravens and Steelers. A lot of his predictions are outrageous but maybe it will be another crazy year
                                I think my predictions are probably bold but they're no more crazy than
                                if I had said last year that the Patriots wouldn't make the playoffs and the Dolphins would.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information