Week 1 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 Discussion Thread

NFL football starts Thursday! So excited. Discuss week 1 in this thread.

I got the Steelers winning this one. I think Tennessee takes a step back this year.

Should be a great game to start the season though. I love smashmouth football.

Comment

I am very excited for the beginning of the the regular season. I will be spending Sunday in Cleveland at the Vikings game. Can't wait to see Adrian Peterson for the first time.

Thursday game should very exciting to watch. Two tough defenses playing and also with Lendale White saying he wants to stomp on the terrible towel again..Just want to see how the defense/fans respond to that if any.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
        I am very excited for the beginning of the the regular season. I will be spending Sunday in Cleveland at the Vikings game. Can't wait to see Adrian Peterson for the first time.

Thursday game should very exciting to watch. Two tough defenses playing and also with Lendale White saying he wants to stomp on the terrible towel again..Just want to see how the defense/fans respond to that if any.
        The players say that it doesn't mean anything to them, but I think they are just talking out of their asses and not saying how they truely feel about it. Ryan Clark said a good point that it won't make them hit any harder and that the payback was when they won the Super Bowl, but I think they're extra motivated to shut LenWhale up.

Comment

Going to be a great game and it's about time football was back!

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

the start of the NFL season = Christmas Morning for me

Comment

I wonder if the Titans will blitz more now with a new DC in town.

They ran a ton of Cover 2 last year.

Comment

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1...2009?GT1=39002

Here are ten bold statements by a Fox Sports writer.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I wonder if the Titans will blitz more now with a new DC in town.

They ran a ton of Cover 2 last year.
                  I would suspect they do the same, but would add, things might be different depending on the team they face. It will be interesting to see!

Comment

Greg Williams is going to welcome Stafford to the NFL. He's sending Roman Harper to welcome him. Multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1...2009?GT1=39002

Here are ten bold statements by a Fox Sports writer.
                      ZOMG! Im not used to praise fom the media :| How odd.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the ORotY QB, Runner-up MVP RB, Pro Bowl WR, and HoF TE playing on the field at the same time for a whole game. Should be entertaining to see them light up the Miami defense (they went 11-5 while playing the AFC and NFC West). I hope progress on the Falcons defensive side of the ball is shown and we don't get torn apart by the passing game or wildcat.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                          I would suspect they do the same, but would add, things might be different depending on the team they face. It will be interesting to see!
                          Well last year Swartz said that he didn't blitz a lot bc he didn't have to with Haynesworth and the gang up front creating ample pressure on their own.

But now with Haynesworth gone, I can see more blitz packages being thrown in the mix. I loved their stunt packages on the dline, Im curious to see if they continue to do them without Haynesworth.

Most of their stunt packages revolved around Fat Al. They won't be the same without him.

Comment

Steelers OL was trashed last year by the Titans, without Haynesworth. They were also the only team to run all over our defense. I'm more than a little worried about this game.

Thursday can't come soon enough.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Well last year Swartz said that he didn't blitz a lot bc he didn't have to with Haynesworth and the gang up front creating ample pressure on their own.

But now with Haynesworth gone, I can see more blitz packages being thrown in the mix. I loved their stunt packages on the dline, Im curious to see if they continue to do them without Haynesworth.

Most of their stunt packages revolved around Fat Al. They won't be the same without him.
                              If they do blitz, I wonder where it will come from? LBs? safties? CB? I wonder what the DC will tend to favor.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information