Rams agree to terms with TE McMichael

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
    Yeah, that was the next year though, so it doesn't count.

Plus I was obviously mocking the situation as a joke, but way to take it literally. Nice job.
    If you're going for a joke at least get the facts correct beforehand, though. It's only courtesy.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

He could ride around will leonard little and kill defenseless woman with a car.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
      Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
        I don't understand why Bennett went to the Rams he could be a #2 or #1 on some teams he will just be a 3rd there?
        Too be honest, me neither....possibly it was the money, but i would have thought he could have got the same money somewhere else and still been a 1 or 2....now he is a number 3 on an offense that is LOADED with talent, so it is likely he will not see much of the ball at all. It is also weird that he only visted teh rams and nobody else, and he signed with us that morning, with no thoughts of going else where....he must think we are a team on the rise.

Comment

Originally posted by GSOT View Post
          Too be honest, me neither....possibly it was the money, but i would have thought he could have got the same money somewhere else and still been a 1 or 2....now he is a number 3 on an offense that is LOADED with talent, so it is likely he will not see much of the ball at all. It is also weird that he only visted teh rams and nobody else, and he signed with us that morning, with no thoughts of going else where....he must think we are a team on the rise.
          I think I good fit for Bennett would have been Kansas City.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            If you're going for a joke at least get the facts correct beforehand, though. It's only courtesy.

Had my facts, thanks.

You guys really know how to have fun around here. I bet everyone loves having yall at a party.

Comment

I think I good fit for Bennett would have been Kansas City.
              Yeah i agree, that probably would have been. If not KC, then possibly Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                Had my facts, thanks.
                When they needed a WR did they say "But we drafted Charles Rogers" ? NO! They stared critics in the face and drafted Mike Williams!
                You did? My mistake.

Comment

I think I like this move ... depending on the money structure. They would like to run 2 TE sets, and Byrd's issues have clouded up the situation there (albeit, it's not as McMichael is a great guy off the field). I think Bennett signed because the money the Rams were offering was ahead of what other teams were willing to committ. I think I read something like that.

Either way, that offense is loaded, and they are getting younger on the OL as well. They've made some smart additions this offseason, as James Hall was a good pickup. This allows them to be aggressive in targeting their defensive needs up front at DT. I think there's a chance a DT falls to them, but now, they can be more aggressive in moving up.

Comment

You did? My mistake.

Sure did, and thanks for admitting it. What a big boy you've grown to be.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                      Either way, that offense is loaded, and they are getting younger on the OL as well. They've made some smart additions this offseason, as James Hall was a good pickup. This allows them to be aggressive in targeting their defensive needs up front at DT. I think there's a chance a DT falls to them, but now, they can be more aggressive in moving up.
                      I feel that Tank Tyler or Okoye would be a good fit. But, they could move up and get Alan Branch if they wanted to.

Comment

I feel that Tank Tyler or Okoye would be a good fit. But, they could move up and get Alan Branch if they wanted to.
                        Okoye especially, I agree.

Then again, I'm sort of an Okoye nut. He'd fit well on pretty much any team.

Comment

Why Dont The Raiders Sign A Te????

Comment

I have mixed feelings about this signing. On one hand, the Rams are adding a talented player at a position that Scott Linehan has a history of using quite a bit in previous jobs as an offensive coordinator. McMichael should start over Klopfenstein but I anticipate a continued use of two tight end sets. On the other hand, the timing of this is strange. Dominique Byrd just recently had another run in with the law, and it's not as if the Rams are making a statement about not tolerating off the field issues by signing McMichael since he doesn't exactly have a squeaky clean record himself. It's a three year deal though, so it's not like the Rams are married to Randy long-term if he can't behave himself.

Comment

I don't understand this signing. It would be a terrific signing if they had not already invested two first day picks in TE's, as Charm and bf_51 have already pointed out. Now, I don't know what they are going to do with three TE's.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

Its an interesting signing, but its a wasted one. Sure he'll be used and he'll contribute, but you can't tell me he's worth more than one of the FA DEs or DBs out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information