No announcement yet.

Rams agree to terms with TE McMichael

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You expect them to make a move for a starting safety? I don't see it. I think Adam Schefter said the Seahawks were close to signing Grant, btw. Atogwe looked promising enough to warrant another year as a starter, and Chavous likely isn't getting replaced. Johnson adds depth, where there were already some options. The problem with addressing defense was that the talent crop this year was quite thin. There really wasn't much on the DL. I think the addition of Hall was a good move, considering how much he potentially could've gotten as a FA had he been cut. DT talent was just iffy on the market, but they could still end up pursuing guys like Alfonso Boone or Ian Scott, to name a couple, now that the market has settled down (not that I've heard anything). Dunno, it seems they went it thinking "Offense in FA, Defense in the draft" ... and they are well positioned to address their defensive needs, and can be more aggressive now.

Comment

Atogwe is a FS, and Chavous is going to need to be replaced soon. Carter as much as I love him won't ever be a starting NFL Strong Safety. Thats why I wish the Rams would go after Deon Grant or Ken Hamlin, either of them can play Strong Safety, as can Mike Doss.

And I'm well aware that Randy McMichael has a few drops here and there, he's a playmaker though and thats what we need.
      | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

I don't understand why they would get McMichael and plan on using 2 TE's when they just picked up Bennet who would only be on the field in 3 WR sets. Either Klopfensteinwhatever is gonna be on the bench most of the time or the Rams are re-tarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
          I don't understand why they would get McMichael and plan on using 2 TE's when they just picked up Bennet who would only be on the field in 3 WR sets. Either Klopfensteinwhatever is gonna be on the bench most of the time or the Rams are re-tarded.
          Maybe because Bruce will be the 3 WR set guy, and it's the Rams, all they ever care about is offense. Same old horrible GM all these years, unless I am mistaken and he has been replaced already like he should have.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            I feel kinda dumb for going against HawkeyeFan now stating that it would be dumb for the Rams to address their TE position when they spent two first day picks on TEs this past draft.
            Haha the second I saw this post I remembered him wanting McMichael and I doubted it happening too... Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
              Maybe because Bruce will be the 3 WR set guy
              Doesn't look like it. Bennett is the #3 guy for the time being, and will likely work his way into the starting line-up as Bruce calls it a career.

Comment

So much for developing your rookies

Comment

We are gonna lose every game on a last second field goal still.

Comment

I like the signing and I am sure Marc Bulger is loving this off season. A lot more weapons to choose from and the Rams will be able to rotate guys and use a lot of differnet sets to play with the defense's minds. They will be able to stay fresh and play 4 qtrs.

The Rams are having a good off-season so far. Now we need to have a good draft so we can keep it going.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

So we wasted our 2nd round pick last year....and Klop will now never get the chance he deserves...great.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information