Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams agree to terms with TE McMichael

http://www.stlouisrams.com/

The Rams have agreed to terms on a three-year contract with former Miami tight end Randy McMichael. Last season, he was second on the Dolphins in receptions (62), fourth in receiving yards (640) and third in receiving touchdowns (3).

I guess they are not too big on Klopestein and Byrd huh.

Comment

Hope women don't mind being slapped around a little in St. Louis... :thumbsup:

Comment

Makes sense in that he worked with Linehan, that being said it's pretty odd considering they spent two first days picks on TEs as Charm pointed out.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
          I guess they are not too big on Klopestein and Byrd huh.
          Im really glad the Bears didnt draft a TE last year.

Comment

Yeah I don't get it, does this mean it's the end for Byrd but they plan on running a two TE set with Klopfenstein?

Comment

I feel kinda dumb for going against HawkeyeFan now stating that it would be dumb for the Rams to address their TE position when they spent two first day picks on TEs this past draft.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Good move just another piece added to our new and improved deadly offense but does Linehan realise there is only one ball allowed in play at any one time?....how the hell is he gonna share the ball around all of these players, one thing is for sure, i would not pick any Rams WR or TE to be on your fantasy team this year:

Jackson
                Holt
                Bruce
                Bennett
                McMichael
                Klop

Also, as a rams fan, i cant help but think....why did we sign both Bennett and McMike....when what we really need is help on D...or do we plan on using all the 7 rounds worth of picks on D?

Also does this mean Byrd will be cut?
                Last edited by GSOT; 03-08-2007, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                  I feel kinda dumb for going against HawkeyeFan now stating that it would be dumb for the Rams to address their TE position when they spent two first day picks on TEs this past draft.
                  what a strange signing. They got him for dirt cheap though.

Comment

It's never dumb to address a position of need, no matter how many high picks you've spent on it. Just look at the Lions. When they needed a WR did they say "But we drafted Charles Rogers" ? NO! They stared critics in the face and drafted Mike Williams!

Comment

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                      It's never dumb to address a position of need, no matter how many high picks you've spent on it. Just look at the Lions. When they needed a WR did they say "But we drafted Charles Rogers" ? NO! They stared critics in the face and drafted Mike Williams!
                      Actually, they drafted Roy Williams... then Mike Williams.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Actually, they drafted Roy Williams... then Mike Williams.
                        Yeah, that was the next year though, so it doesn't count.

Plus I was obviously mocking the situation as a joke, but way to take it literally. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                          Yeah, that was the next year though, so it doesn't count.

Plus I was obviously mocking the situation as a joke, but way to take it literally. Nice job.
                          No, it was not the next year. It went C. Rogers, R. Williams, M. Williams...

Comment

Originally posted by GSOT View Post
                            Good move just another piece added to our new and improved deadly offense but does Linehan realise there is only one ball allowed in play at any one time?....how the hell is he gonna share the ball around all of these players, one thing is for sure, i would not pick any Rams WR or TE to be on your fantasy team this year:

Jackson
                            Holt
                            Bruce
                            Bennett
                            McMichael
                            Klop

Also, as a rams fan, i cant help but think....why did we sign both Bennett and McMike....when what we really need is help on D...or do we plan on using all the 7 rounds worth of picks on D?

Also does this mean Byrd will be cut?
                            I don't understand why Bennett went to the Rams he could be a #2 or #1 on some teams he will just be a 3rd there?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                              No, it was not the next year. It went C. Rogers, R. Williams, M. Williams...
                              Which is what I just said smart guy. I mean, I understand how you were confused, so it's ok. I forgive you.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information