Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers' pass catchers are for real, yo.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea that is what I am saying. Ben isn't going to be able to do that every game. They are going to have to try to get that running game going more. I hope Troy P. falls down some steps and gets more weeks added to them 3-6. :)
    Originally posted by SunTzu_22
    Just let it go RWO.
    We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
      Actually, I don't see much that resembles a system in their offense, their offense is so school yard because of Ben.
      He would be the new Favre if the old Favre would ever give it up.

Comment

I don't think Big Ben is a top tier quarterback, but you can't convince me that anyone could do what he's asked to do as good as he does. He takes a beating back there, and still isn't shy about hanging onto the football a long time.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
          I will say that the Titans pass rush REALLY exposed how mediocre the secondary is.

yep. you heard it here first (again, i said the same thing last year).
          What's your definition of a good secondary then, AQ? If not being able to consistently cover receivers for 5-7 seconds makes you mediocre, then every secondary in the NFL is mediocre.

The whole statement is redundant. It's like saying, "I will say that x-team's poor run-blocking showed how mediocre their RB is."
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
            I don't think Big Ben is a top tier quarterback, but you can't convince me that anyone could do what he's asked to do as good as he does. He takes a beating back there, and still isn't shy about hanging onto the football a long time.
            I 2nd that statement. Big Ben isn't a great QB he's just a good one that does what the team needs him to do to win. He does sort of resemble a Brett Farve.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
            Originally posted by TitanHope
            R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
            He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

Ok, so Big Ben is a QB who "does what the team needs him to do to win", but he's not 'elite'. Call him what you want, he's what most teams wish their QB was.

Comment

BTW, every team in the AFC North have starting QB's with big time physical talent/potential. That will be a fun division to watch if you like watching big, athletic, strong armed QB's.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                  Ok, so Big Ben is a QB who "does what the team needs him to do to win", but he's not 'elite'. Call him what you want, he's what most teams wish their QB was.
                  I'd wager most people don't think he's "elite" because he does things differently than most QBs. Kurt Warner / Peyton Manning / Tom Brady / Aaron Rodgers / Drew Brees / Carson Palmer / Eli Manning / Kerry Collins / Delhomme / Hasselbeck etc. are all unique in their own right, but still do things basically "by the book".

Roethlisberger / Favre / McNabb (I think McNabb is kind of in between the two categories) and a few other guys, all do things a little bit differently. They don't necessarily stay in the pocket, or plant their feet when they throw, but whatever it is they're doing, does in fact, work. It's not what an offensive coordinator dreams of either, but they're generally happy w/ the out come.

Comment

Ben Roethlisberger is a good QB, but I wouldn't put him in the elite. I would slot him somewhere near Tony Romo and Donovan McNabb and behind Philip Rivers.

Comment

They really need to clean up the line play. I would love to see Big Ben have time back there consistently to silence the doubters.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                        They really need to clean up the line play. I would love to see Big Ben have time back there consistently to silence the doubters.
                        I'm not sure there's a OL unit in the game that can give Roethlisberger the kind of time he's asking for. He simply holds onto the ball too long more often than most, thereby making his line look worse than it is. Same thing with Parker/Mendenhall. Yeah the line isn't great, but it's no worse than the guys playing behind it.

In other words, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning are very easy to block for. They read the field like it's a traffic light and get the ball out quicker than anyone. They make any line look better.

Ben Roethlisberger is very difficult to block for. He's often very indecisive and just seems to disregard the clock that hangs over every pocket. He makes any line look worse.

Adrian Peterson and Steven Jackson are very easy to block for. They will get theirs behind any unit in the league.

Willie Parker and Rashard Mendenhall are very difficult to block for because they lack the required vision and burst to make it to the second level on a consistent basis. If you can't find the hole, can't get to the hole at its peak, and can't hit 5th gear through the hole, it doesn't mean the hole never existed.

Some of you need to go watch the game again. On most pass plays, Roethlisberger was given more than enough time to get the ball out. On most of their big plays and even on many of their bad plays, the offensive line provided more than ample time to get the job done. They actually had a solid game, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
                          I 2nd that statement. Big Ben isn't a great QB he's just a good one that does what the team needs him to do to win. He does sort of resemble a Brett Farve.
                          Thats what people said about Brady before he got Moss and Welker and starting putting up big numbers.

In order to be consider elite you have to put up top numbers and in order to do that you need a great supporting cast. Pittsburgh doesn't have same level of offense talent.

Comment

I don't think you can plug Ben into any offense and expect him to carry them like I think some other guys can. But he isn't just "doing what his team asks" he makes some plays with shoddy lines that maybe/possibly only HE could make, that's what impresses me most.

He is the best QB to play for the Steelers is what I'm saying, but he is more important than some people like to admit.
                            Originally posted by SNIPER26
                            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

I would not say the Steelers' line is "shoddy." Even he admits he makes them look bad because of his style. The Quarterback makes the O-Line; the Patriots are a fantastic example. Tom Brady (21) was rarely sacked, 5th least in the NFL, Matt Cassel (48) was sacked a lot, 5th most, same line.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                                I would not say the Steelers' line is "shoddy." Even he admits he makes them look bad because of his style. The Quarterback makes the O-Line; the Patriots are a fantastic example. Tom Brady (21) was rarely sacked, 5th least in the NFL, Matt Cassel (48) was sacked a lot, 5th most, same line.
                                for pass pro its not bad, for the run game its pretty bad. He does make the line look bad, but at times the line is bad its self.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information