Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers' pass catchers are for real, yo.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers' pass catchers are for real, yo.

Anyone who can't see that the Steelers are a 'passing team' right now is blind, because it sure isn't the running game that's moving the chains for their offense. To me it looks like Big Ben and his pass catchers are carrying an unremarkable O-line and RB's. If the Steelers get their running game going, look out.

Does this really need a thread? Seriously? Or can it go in the week 1 discussion thread?

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
      Does this really need a thread? Seriously? Or can it go in the week 1 discussion thread?
      Do you need an account? Seriously? Or can you just shut your yapper!

Nah, i'm just I bsing. It probably doesn't need a thread. Maybe I should have made it a debate over whether Hines Ward is a first ballot HoFer. Did you see the way he jacked up that Titans' DB? It's too bad we'll never see him and Polamalu face each other.
      Last edited by Halsey; 09-14-2009, 11:48 AM.

Comment

The Titans played the run extremely well. When they (the Steelers) face a team with a suspect rush defense, I think you will see them run more.

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Thread lock. Go!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

Thread lock. Go!
            i'm in!..............

RIP ST

Comment

lock plz?

hjlkjg

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

I think people are a little too excited that football is back...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

This one is destined for the padlock.

Comment

I will say that the Titans pass rush REALLY exposed how mediocre the secondary is.

yep. you heard it here first (again, i said the same thing last year).
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Titans stacked the box and challenged the Steelers to throw the ball. They stayed committed to stopping the run all game, even as Ben was throwing the ball all over the field.

The Steelers OL got no push at all. They looked terrible in run blocking. Pass blocking was pretty good actually. 3 of the sacks were completely on Ben.

Titans have a great front 7. Hopefully the run game can improve. This is probably the toughtest defense they'll have to play other than Baltimore.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

I don't know why people on this site hate new threads so much. It's weird.

Maybe the new league emphasis on not holding has something to do with Pitts line lack of a push? But if they were good on pass protection that wouldn't make sense...

Comment

It is scary to think how much better the Steelers offense would be with a mediocre line. Yes Ben hangs on to the ball longer than he should but still that line is not good. I would like to see Santonio's stats if he has around 80 catches this year. 1200 yards+?
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Holmes was great last night and even before this year started I thought he was gonna have a huge year. Giants fans don't talk about it a lot, but I really regret trading back in the draft and not taking him that year.

Comment

IBTL..

I've been waiting for Santonio to put on a show. I think it's interesting that he had THE EXACT SAME NUMBERS in the superbowl that he did last night. Heath Miller is the most reliable out of all of them though. Steelers turning to finesse? I guess there's a first time for everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information