Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Says Vikings DT's Can Play

Appeals court: Vikings DEs can play

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—A federal appeals court says the NFL can’t suspend Minnesota Vikings Pat Williams and Kevin Williams for violating the league’s anti-doping policy.

The decision came Friday, two days before the Viking open the season at Cleveland. The NFL had cleared the two to play Sunday, but the court fight was still pending.

The NFL wanted to suspend the Williamses for four games after they both tested positive for a banned diuretic during training camp in 2008.

They had taken the over-the-counter weight loss supplement StarCaps. It did not state on the label that it contained the diuretic—which can mask the presence of steroids.

Neither player tested positive for steroids.

Alas, you beat me by a minute :). Mods, can you delete my thread?

Also, big (no pun intended) win for the Vikings.
    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

BOOOO.

i'm not happy.
      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Jared Allen is happy.

Comment

All of Viking Nation is happy. I'm sure ESPN will do a story on how Brett Favre is happy, lol. But seriously, this is a big time break for the Vikings.
          I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
            All of Viking Nation is happy. I'm sure ESPN will do a story on how Brett Favre is happy, lol. But seriously, this is a big time break for the Vikings.
            That pretty much sums up my thoughts.

sig by BK and avy by me
            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
            If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arcaps-appeal/

"Charles Grant and Will Smith (Saints) will be suspended for testing positive for the same substance, which secretly had been added to an over-the-counter weight-loss supplement known as StarCaps.

Both Grant and Smith will play this week against the Lions, since the decision came after Tuesday. The suspensions, barring something incredibly unforeseen, will start next week."

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arcaps-appeal/

"Charles Grant and Will Smith (Saints) will be suspended for testing positive for the same substance, which secretly had been added to an over-the-counter weight-loss supplement known as StarCaps.

Both Grant and Smith will play this week against the Lions, since the decision came after Tuesday. The suspensions, barring something incredibly unforeseen, will start next week."

Yeah, that doesn't make much sense. You'd think it would apply to all who were suspended for the Starcaps.

Comment

Did Grant and Smith take it to the appeals court? If not then it would not pertain to them.
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

I am very happy with this outcome. Great Success.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Great news for the Vikings, bad news for the Saints. The NFC South should be competitive; I thought of New Orleans had a great chance but I am worried that they will play four games without Grant, Smith and their LT Brown. They had better not dig themselves too big of a hole.

Comment

Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
                        Yeah, that doesn't make much sense. You'd think it would apply to all who were suspended for the Starcaps.
                        I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Super Bowl Bound

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.
                            yeah. that's a little wacky
                            i don't believe that grant and smith will be suspended for 4 games, even though i think they all should serve a suspension.

edit: this makes it easier for the actual users to go ahead and cheat now.

edit2: i like this:

Now, if you buy what these guys are saying, you're buying the following:

1. That it's the league's job, not that of the players, to monitor the content of every supplement an NFL player might possibly ingest, and to keep the players informed of any content that might be harmful or illegal.
                            "Thanks to the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994, the FDA can't monitor and regulate these supplements effectively. We should expect the NFL to pull it off?"
                            2. That all five of these guys were taking a celebrity diet pill in an effort to lose weight, with no greater or more nefarious motive than that.
                            "Sure they were. And Manny Ramirez was taking female fertility drugs because he wants to be a mommy."
                            3. That they weren't taking anything else illegal.
                            "What we do know is that they all tested positive for a drug that sophisticated steroid users employ as a masking agent. We know that, if successful, Bumetanide would prevent these guys from testing positive for steroids even if they had taken them."
                            (from DAN GRAZIANO)

BOO RULING. BOO IT STRAIGHT TO HELL.
                            Last edited by awfullyquiet; 09-11-2009, 02:46 PM.
                            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

The Vikings need everyone back if they ever wanna live up to these media driven expectations of Super Bowl Bound or NFCCG Bound.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information