No announcement yet.

Week 1 Sunday Write up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it takes the Ravens till the 4th quarter to put the chiefs away they're vastly improved. I actually watched the entire second half of this one after carolina started tanking, I wasn't switching through like the second games.

They're far better than last year already
    Chiefs were pretty scrappy last year also, had a lot of close games that they just didn't win. I think thats the thing you can count on them for.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
      While they made mistakes the bears receivers were getting open against a good green bay secondary. As they hammer out their route-running mistakes and improve their chemistry with Cutler I could see them becoming decent.
      I've always thought the Green Bay secondary was vastly overrated, so them running wild on them doesn't impress me much.

I still think they're all garbage, and none of them will amount to anything. If they want Cutler to succeed in Chicago, they need to find him someone that can play the WR position. Oh, and actually use their most physically gifted player on offense (Olsen).

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
        A lot of it was New Orleans horrid ST play that led to Detroit's score. They did have a fumble return for a TD and a blocked FG plus that was one of the worse officiated games I had ever seen.
        Exactly. People see the 27 next to Detroit and automatically assumed that our defense gave those points up without really watching the game.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
          What do you mean the Chiefs look vastly improved?
          Giving up 501 yards to Baltimore, gaining 188 yards on offense?
          From what I gather, KC was lucky to even be in the game that late. They should be thankful for that long INT run back by Johnson and that blocked punt that essentially gave them 14 of their 24 points.
          I don't think the Chiefs looked particularly good, but interceptions and special teams are part of the game. In fact, turnovers and special teams have a significant impact on every game, so you can't just dismiss those plays.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            I've always thought the Green Bay secondary was vastly overrated, so them running wild on them doesn't impress me much.

I still think they're all garbage, and none of them will amount to anything. If they want Cutler to succeed in Chicago, they need to find him someone that can play the WR position. Oh, and actually use their most physically gifted player on offense (Olsen).
            ah cool, after 1 game you could already tell that a rookie wont amount to anything, you should be come a scout...

and also Olsen was double and triple covered all game. they tried to use him but it wasnt like they didnt want to

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              Exactly. People see the 27 next to Detroit and automatically assumed that our defense gave those points up without really watching the game.
              As has been mentioned, it doesn't matter where points come from, it matters that they're there. Detriot shouldn't have been able to come anywhere near 27 points regardless of how they did it.

Comment

My Week 1 Write Up:

The Jets D is ******* tremendous.

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                  New Orleans managed some massive offensive numbers against the Detroit Lions. Fourth year nobody Mike Bell managed to bash his way to the tune of 140+ yards and Drew Brees seems to be staking his claim for MVP early throwing a massive 6 touchdown passes. Jeramy Shockey finally showed his worth catching two touchdowns and the young receivers in New Orleans are starting to play a better brand of football. Worryingly though, despite the Detroit Lions throwing three interceptions and running for the grand total of 34 yards, the Saints still surrendered 27 points. The defense has to be better, it's not every week Drew Brees will throw for six touchdowns and it's not every week they'll face a team that's lost seventeen (now eighteen) regular season games in a row.
                  the problem with the point scored against were on the back of an appaling special teams performance. Of the total offensive production of the Lions (238 yards) a big chunk (63 y) was one deep play Calvin Johnson and imo if you play the Lions that can just happen. The two turnovers were also costly. One was returned for a TD (the fumble) and the other one was returned for 26 yards). There were also to many costly defensive penalties.
                  But to sum up the special teams disgrace.
                  - two muffed punts (of which one was lost)
                  - had a fieldgoal blocked
                  - allowed 180 kickoff return yards on 5 kickoffs
                  - allowed 55 yards on 2 punt returns
                  and keep in mind these were pretty good kickoffs and punts (Im already less angry about drafting morstead, I know its hypocritical but wth)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

That was a recieving corps running wild on a secondary, really? Take away those two plays and they did very little.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Olsen was getting double covered quite a bit.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

I don't know why everyone keeps saying the Saints Defense is still bad based on the Lions game. The Saints D after week 1 is ranked No.7 overall, 3rd against the run and 13th against the pass. Our Offense and Special Teams gave up at least half of those points and kept putting our Defense in a very bad position.

As has been mentioned, it doesn't matter where points come from, it matters that they're there. Detriot shouldn't have been able to come anywhere near 27 points regardless of how they did it.
                        In your write up, you make it seem like it's all the Defense fault. Why didn't you say how bad the Panthers Defense was for giving up 38pts?
                        Last edited by SaintsMan; 09-14-2009, 10:39 AM.

Comment

For the record, if yesterday and the entire preseason is any indication, Kamerion Wimbley is not a bust. Great player so far this year, our best linebacker.

Comment

Favre gets all the credit for a great team effort by Minnesota
                            I haven't seen or heard him get any credit, all he did was give the ball to Adrian Peterson

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                              I haven't seen or heard him get any credit, all he did was give the ball to Adrian Peterson
                              Yea but see...he didn't fumble the exchange....he's Brett Farve thats all he needs to do to get credit

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                              Originally posted by TitanHope
                              R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                              He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

meh, I guess we disagree since I think Charles Woodson is the second best corner in the league, al harris is a good corner and they have a good pair of safeties. That may not be a great secondary but it is a certainly a good one and the bears receivers were creating separation. But I guess we'll see as the season progresses.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                                Originally posted by JBCX
                                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information