X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach hotseat weekend

Originally posted by drowe View Post
    Big week in draftland this week.

Redskins vs Chiefs-battle of the Native American offenders. Loser gets a top 3 draft pick, and maybe a new head coach (if the Skins lose).

Bucs vs Panthers-If the Bucs lose, they will jump ahead of the Rams for first place in the race for #1. If the Panthers lose...then the 49ers will be REAL happy.

Rams vs Jaguars-Jags seem to have 2 teams they trot onto the field. The one that smoked the Titans..and the one that got smoked by the Seahawks. if the later shows up, the Rams could win a game.
    It could be a dead heat between Zorn in DC & Del Rio in J-ville for 1st coach fired. I think the Chiefs get their 1st win this weekend

The Jags got skunked last weekend by Seattle, there is incredible heat on Del Rio now. Lose to the hapless Sheep at home & it could be over for him before November.

Comment

• so...i looked ahead in the schedule for important games regarding the top of the draft. here is what i came up with:

Week 6
      Rams at Jaguars
      Chiefs at Redskins
      Panthers at Bucs

Week 7
      Bills at Panthers

Week 8
      Rams at Lions
      Jaguars at Titans

Week 9
      Chiefs at Jaguars

Week 10
      Bills at Titans
      Chiefs at Raiders

Week 11
      Browns at Lions
      Bills at Jaguars

Week 12

Week 13
      Bucs at Panthers

Week 14
      Bills at Chiefs
      Rams at Titans
      Redskins at Raiders

Week 15
      Browns at Chiefs

Week 16
      Raiders at Browns

Week 17
      Jaguars at Browns

I think the Panthers win their next 2 games and are a non-factor in this discussion the rest of the year...sorry 9ers fans :)

I think the Rams will win one of the 2 games between the Jags and Lions.

And, I think the Chiefs will beat the Redskins...and the Raiders later in the year.

The Bucs...are in deep trouble. Their 2 games against the Panthers are their best chance at wins, with the game this week in Tampa their best chance. They already lost to the Bills and Redskins....I think the Tampa Bay Bucaneers are the favorite right now to own the top pick....and maybe go 0-16.

based on the games listed and my thinking that the bottom of the league is so bad that, collectively, they are only capable of beating other bottom feeders, I think the top of the draft will look like this:

1-Tampa Bay
      2-St. Louis
      3-Oakland
      4-Washington
      5-Buffalo
      6-Kansas City
      7-Cleveland
      8-Detroit
      9-Tennessee
      10-San Fransisco (from Carolina)
      11-Jacksonville

Comment

• Lions are winning this thing no contest. I don't know why you don't give us any props.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by Addict View Post
          Lions are winning this thing no contest. I don't know why you don't give us any props.
          The Lions have an offense that competes with most of the crap teams in the NFL. Their defense is atrocious, but then you look at the Rams, Raiders and Bucs and feel all better about yourself.

Comment

Lions are winning this thing no contest. I don't know why you don't give us any props.
            any other year, the lions would be picking in the top 3. but, this year, they are dwarves among midgets.

Comment

• Originally posted by drowe View Post
              any other year, the lions would be picking in the top 3. but, this year, they are dwarves among midgets.
              Watch them actually end up being "too good" and miss out on the top DTs and LTs....it might only take picking 5 or 6 to do that and that's totally reasonable for them I think.

Comment

Laughing as I type . . . mostly b/c it's amusing that so many of us are chiming in to support the Lions.

The props comes from the fact that Detroit is playing better than terrible football while teams like the Bucs & Rams put up constant stinkers. The Lions & Rams (imo) are the cream of the crop when it comes to the dung heap of the NFL. Both teams are better than the Bucs & Bills so the head-to-heads should go in their favor.

Honestly, it's looking like 2 wins will be enough to not win the # 1 pick and the Lions are halfway there. :)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I honestly believe Oakland is going 1-15, so beat that.
                  Taking a Knapp.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    Watch them actually end up being "too good" and miss out on the top DTs and LTs....it might only take picking 5 or 6 to do that and that's totally reasonable for them I think.
                    Yeah that would suck if that happens and QBs like Locker and Bradford fall while Suh/McCoy/Okung are snatched up. Who needs a QB out of the Raiders,Bills,Bucs,Rams,Browns I guess. Rams most likely are the only ones. Bills have Edwards, Raiders have Russell although he's horrible so far, don't know if they would go back to the well again and take QB probably not with Russells contract, Bucs have Freeman and Browns have Quinn although Mangini doesn't like him. Although I do want the Lions to win every game they possibly can. I'm sure we could find someone good still. Eric Berry would be good since our secondary is atrocious but our pass rush would suffer greatly again depending on free agency. Should be interesting. Still have 11 more games to see how it plays out. And don't count out the Lions yet, they have played fairly well despite losing to tough teams but now are very banged up(3/4 of Dline,CJ,Stafford).

Comment

• Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
                      I honestly believe Oakland is going 1-15, so beat that.
                      1-i think you're right.

2-i think the bucs WILL "beat" that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                        Yeah that would suck if that happens and QBs like Locker and Bradford fall while Suh/McCoy/Okung are snatched up. Who needs a QB out of the Raiders,Bills,Bucs,Rams,Browns I guess. Rams most likely are the only ones. Bills have Edwards, Raiders have Russell although he's horrible so far, don't know if they would go back to the well again and take QB probably not with Russells contract, Bucs have Freeman and Browns have Quinn although Mangini doesn't like him. Although I do want the Lions to win every game they possibly can. I'm sure we could find someone good still. Eric Berry would be good since our secondary is atrocious but our pass rush would suffer greatly again depending on free agency. Should be interesting. Still have 11 more games to see how it plays out. And don't count out the Lions yet, they have played fairly well despite losing to tough teams but now are very banged up(3/4 of Dline,CJ,Stafford).
                        Do not count the Bills out because of Edwards.

Posluszny and Whitner returning should be a big up for us. Our defense is playing alright but there's an obvious gash in the run stopping role of the MLB and safety.
                        But we're so unwilling to change, this offensive brutality may just continue.

I know we're a piece of **** team, but there are chances for wins in our next 8 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                          Do not count the Bills out because of Edwards.

Posluszny and Whitner returning should be a big up for us. Our defense is playing alright but there's an obvious gash in the run stopping role of the MLB and safety.
                          But we're so unwilling to change, this offensive brutality may just continue.

I know we're a piece of **** team, but there are chances for wins in our next 8 games.
                          Yeah i dont see them winning much with a guy that doesnt seem capable of completing a pass more than 10 yards downfield. I dont think they're in love with Edwards and could easily see them taking a strong armed QB with an early pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by drowe View Post
                            1-i think you're right.

2-i think the bucs WILL "beat" that.
                            Me too. How crazy would it be to have 2 teams go back to back with winless seasons?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• My top 5

Lambs
                              Titans
                              Bucs
                              Browns
                              Skins

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• The Titans definitely made their case today.
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information