The Race to the #1 Pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
    I'm going to go with Buffalo, too. That O-line looked terrible through 4 preseason games. They have a bunch of youth there that could improve dramatically over the course of a season but they really would need to improve dramatically to even be mediocre.
    Looking like a sound prediction so far ;)

Comment

Man, all this hate for the Broncos defense. With what I saw Sunday compared to last year, it was like they had a #1 defense out there. Now, I know they won't be amazing on D, but they sure do look like they will be "respectable" and not so embarrassing out there. With what I mean by respectable, is that yes they will give up yards/points, and not be in the top 10/15, but it won't be a mockery like it has been. At least, I hope so haha.

Comment

Raiders should be taken out of this disscussion for now....

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
          Raiders should be taken out of this disscussion for now....
          Why? They found a way to lose against in a game they were dominating against a team that was playing awful.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
            Why? They found a way to lose against in a game they were dominating against a team that was playing awful.
            The Raiders!

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory for 50 years! Pride & Poise, Just Win, Baby!

Same owner for 50 years, How's that for consistency!

No pain like Raiders' fans pain.... Watching Cable in his postgame finishing up with "...& now we have to get ready for KC" is a deja vu endless loop of the past 4-5 HCs, it just never ends.

After Wk. 1 it looks like:

1) Rams - Sheep are offensively impotent, defense going on 7-8 yrs. of not stopping anybody
            2) Raiders - See consistency remarks above
            3) Lions - There's a talent base to build on but they're a decade away
            4) Browns - Everywhere Mangini goes he leaves these steaming piles that you don't want to step in
            5) Jaguars - Jack Del Rio, put your For Sale sign out now

Maybe substitute Texans for Jags, Denver could crack the top 5 drafting teams if the dissension continues.
            Last edited by LizardState; 09-15-2009, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Without by far our best receiver.
              Peyton Manning Fanboy
              Originally posted by Complex
              They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

You don't take any team out of any discussion after one week. Yet alone, the first week of the season.

Comment

I think the Raiders and Bills' relative success against the Patriots and Chargers is more a commentary on how poorly they played rather than how well the Raiders and Bills played.

I expect the Chargers and Patriots to get better, but if I'm a fan of either team, I'm concerned.

The Patriots had no impact pass rusher against a team with 3 rookies on their OLine, meanwhile the guy they dealt to Oakland was a one man wrecking crew

The Chargers look soft. That team got pushed around by Oakland

Steve Young tried as delicately as he could to say JaMarcus Russell is a bust or at best, a REALLY long term project and you have Bruce Gradkowski and Charlie Frye behind him. JaMarcus Russell's accuracy makes Derek Anderson look like Drew Brees. To put it simply, you're boned.

As for the Browns, if they go out and lose to Denver this week, they're definitely a contender for the #1 pick, but if you look at the youth of this team and the schedule, their wins are much more likely to come in the second half of the season. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
                    Without by far our best receiver.
                    Does it really matter who the Raiders have at WR? Russell can only hit wide-open receivers 1 in every 5 tries.

Comment

Does it really matter who the Raiders have at WR? Russell can only hit wide-open receivers 1 in every 5 tries.
                      Let's not forget the team started two rookie wideouts. Schilens when healthy is arguably Russell's best receiving weapon and the two have developed a great chemistry in the offseason from reports. It wouldn't surprise me if Schilens puts up better numbers than Miller for the rest of the season. DHB has no business being on the field and it's actually amplifying Russell's accuracy issues, imo.

Comment

JaMarcus Russell is Rick Vaughn pre-glasses

Comment

what about JLH, I thought he was Russell's go to WR.

Comment

Put me down for the Rams and Carlos Dunlap

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                            Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                              Schillens surpassed him big time this year. 6'4 225 running a 4.38 and 43" vertical who can actually catch the ball and run routes.
                              Peyton Manning Fanboy
                              Originally posted by Complex
                              They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                                JLH was Russells go to WR by default due to the Raiders WR sucking last year. Russell was off last night, but some of it was not his fault our rookie WR's dropped some passes and ran poor routes. His 1st INT was actually not his fault but Murphy ran a poor route and didn't shield Jammer off. I think once Schillians comes back Russell will improve.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information