Biggest Embarrassments of Wk. 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Dead on right, thanks. I just couldn't remember, what with all the post-game analysis last night and today.

Yeah, it ringed even truer coming from Herm because, while he's an idiot, the one thing he knows is defensive backs in a Cover 2.

And he called out Roy Williams for blowing that play and thus the game.
    I wouldn't really put a ton of blame on Roy for that play or the game, for that matter. Roy played a HELL of a lot better than I would have expected of him. Leon Hall made an excellent play on the ball when it was intended for Brandon Marshall, who Roy was going for to lay on the hit. He reacted well to the ball and was going in to make a play. The way that ball bounced was just very unfortunate after the play was defended about as good as it could have been. Now, maybe if he were back deeper like he "should" have been, Stokley doesn't take that to the house but I doubt it. Plus, who's to say they were even in cover 2 anyway? its definitely very possible they were doubling Marshall on that particular play.

We played great defensively for most of the game and even on that last possession JJ and Leon both had opportunities to end the game right there but it just didnt work out that way and we paid for it. It was an excellent play by Stokley that decided the game after our offense couldn't get a THING going up until the end.

^A Bonekrusher production^
    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
      I have a late nomination as well: Clinton Hart biting HUGE on play action...on 4th and 15. In the closing minutes. and then slowing down before the receiver even crossed the plane to point at Cromartie when it was Hart trying to playing the deep zone.

I have to go back and watch this again sober to figure out exactly what happened but literally pointing at Cro after letting a receiver get behind him makes me sick.
      To be honest I think it was a pretty tough cover. Hart sees Murphy running a flag or corner route so he lets him to to Cromartie. Cromartie sees Murphy go back to a post route so he lets him to to Hart.
      Peyton Manning Fanboy
      Originally posted by Complex
      They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
        McKelvin....
        It was so stupid you'd almost think he had a bet on the game. The way the Bills were running the football they might have just ran out the clock and at worst the pats would have had to travel a good 60 yards for a TD.

I dont think the Roy Williams play was as bad. In that case you just knock the ball down rather than go for a big hit that could draw a flag but i wouldnt be quite as critical of the effort.

There were a few embarassing calls by refs over the weekend, the pass interferance in the Chicago game and the roughing the passer on the Pats, come on guys those were bad.

Comment

Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
          To be honest I think it was a pretty tough cover. Hart sees Murphy running a flag or corner route so he lets him to to Cromartie. Cromartie sees Murphy go back to a post route so he lets him to to Hart.
          It's tough to know whose responsibility it was without knowing the play call, but IIRC it looked a lot like quarters. In any case, the safety can't watch a wideout run right by him on 4th and 15. I mean, he's the safety.

That's not the worst part though. Pointing at Cro while the play was still going on is just...sad.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information