Bears Urlacher Season over after wrist injury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    With all due respect, and I mean with all due respect ;) Green Bay didn't look that great either last night. Defense was good but their offense looked like dog **** for most of the game. Is that attributed to the Bears' defense or just a bad performance? We'll have to see.

Big blow though for us, Urlacher was said to be back in full health and ready to have a nice season. And yea, **** you Peter King. :D
    Yeah, but that's a good thing. The defense was the question. We know the offense is good. The only new starters this year is the right side of the offensive line. If we get that right tackle spot fixed our offense will be right back to what it was last year.

Comment

I'm not questioning Urlacher sitting out the year but a gymnast is a completely different thing with all the force they put on their hands and wrists bouncing off of them and everything else, holding onto rings and other stuff. I don't know much about gymnastics.
      I have two mates who have had wrist injuries. One fell and broke it and dislocated it, that was 2 and a half years ago, still is recovering and will never have full flexibility in the joint.

Other has now had a cast on it for 9 months, still barely has any mobility, he dislocated it and in the process tore a tendon in his wrist, it hurts for him to use a knife and fork, so i can't imagine what football would feel like. He is also unlikely to ever have a full range of motion and can't grab.

Urlacher probably could put a club on, but how much use is a one handed linebacker? He almost certainly would be incapable of grabbing with the hand and would have to really overcome pain to shed blockers, just seems like he would be a negative to the teams chances to me.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Urlacher's chance at the Hall of Fame is slipping away...

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
          their offense looked like dog **** for most of the game. Is that attributed to the Bears' defense or just a bad performance? We'll have to see.
          You honestly believe the Packers Offense is going to continue playing like that? That was a bump in the road. Offense is what Mike McCarthey do, he'll get it turned around.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Brad Biggs explains why Urlacher can't return with a cast.

"The reason Urlacher was placed on IR is because of the bone he injured. He dislocated the lunate bone, according to the Bears, and that is the bone that is at the center of the wrist, at the middle of the eight bones. It holds the wrist together, and the risk in not treating the injury immediately, or coming back before the injury is completely healed is significant. It could lead to permanent nerve damage and that could affect Urlacher's hand long term."

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009...with.html#more

Comment

You honestly believe the Packers Offense is going to continue playing like that? That was a bump in the road. Offense is what Mike McCarthey do, he'll get it turned around.
              Sadly... I dont. The scarier thing is how good the defense looked, with all their talent on defense I was worried it would come together by seasons end but it already looked together against a team whose offense figures to be middle of the pack. Was kind of hoping they would lose a few early while the defense found its feet and hope to edge them, looks like the defense already has it's feet which is a worry.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                Sadly... I dont. The scarier thing is how good the defense looked, with all their talent on defense I was worried it would come together by seasons end but it already looked together against a team whose offense figures to be middle of the pack. Was kind of hoping they would lose a few early while the defense found its feet and hope to edge them, looks like the defense already has it's feet which is a worry.
                I think its a two way argument. One could say it was mostly based on not knowing what the packers defense can and will do. With more tape it could as well as turn around and be less productive in the beginning. I believe thats something where we have to wait and see

Comment

I think its a two way argument. One could say it was mostly based on not knowing what the packers defense can and will do. With more tape it could as well as turn around and be less productive in the beginning. I believe thats something where we have to wait and see
                  Not sure about that, last year aside your defense has been good for a fair bit, a hell of a lot talent out there and the reason it wasn't great last year(injuries aside) is it just didn't click and come together, looked pretty damn together against the Bears and made Cutler look average, which he really isnt.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                    Not sure about that, last year aside your defense has been good for a fair bit, a hell of a lot talent out there and the reason it wasn't great last year(injuries aside) is it just didn't click and come together, looked pretty damn together against the Bears and made Cutler look average, which he really isnt.
                    holy ************ id rather kill myself than be a packer fan.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                      you and i both.

fate worse than death.

I'd believe that the more gamefilm is on the packers d-packages and looks, the harder it'll be to attack. The only thing you could work on with it is the preseason footage and classic dom capers games. which, isn't a lot... game 2 in the series will be very different.
                      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Go Ronnie Lott style and cut off your hand.. hmmmm maybe not

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                          I can see where he'd be confused...you do have a Packer logo as an avatar picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Seanhawk View Post
                            I can see where he'd be confused...you do have a Packer logo as an avatar picture.
                            i lost an avy bet

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                              Bears need to sign Bobby Wade.
                              He is a Chief as of today.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                                He is a Chief as of today.
                                loads of ex bears those chiefs are...
                                Last edited by awfullyquiet; 09-15-2009, 02:05 PM.
                                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information