Bears Urlacher Season over after wrist injury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S T R I N G View Post
    Urlacher's chance at the Hall of Fame is slipping away...
    to be honest, i don't think he ever was quite there.

even before this injury, he was injury prone, and his sample size of dominance was just too small for him to be a HOFer in my eyes.

Getting his lunch eaten in the SB didn't help either.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
      i lost an avy bet
      Ah...brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        to be honest, i don't think he ever was quite there.

even before this injury, he was injury prone, and his sample size of dominance was just too small for him to be a HOFer in my eyes.

Getting his lunch eaten in the SB didn't help either.
        A decade is sample size?

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
          Yeah, but that's a good thing. The defense was the question. We know the offense is good. The only new starters this year is the right side of the offensive line. If we get that right tackle spot fixed our offense will be right back to what it was last year.
          I'll flip the argument. The question about the Bears this year wasn't the offense, it was whether or not the defense would step up. I think they did a pretty damn good job against one of the most potent offenses in the game, and I sure as hell know that Cutler won't have to many games like he did against Green Bay (although blame should be put on his receivers for stopping routes and his OL for not pass blocking).

We did lose 3 starters though (Clark is out for a couple weeks, Pisa is out for 6 I believe, and Urlacher is done for the year).

Once tape gets out on the Packers defense I think you'll see teams start to adjust to their blitzing and coverage packages. We seemed like we had no idea what to do against you guys in the first half but we settled down and moved the ball well in the second. I was very impressed with your defense, you wreaked havoc and will force a lot of turnovers but I also believe you are going to allow some points in broken coverages adjusting to this new system.

None of the North contenders looked very good in the opener, so this division is still up for grabs in my opinion. Although we have taken a step back with losing 3 starters and probably had the worst performance of any "playoff caliber team" other than Carolina in Week 1.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            Non-Bears fans:

Please stop letting us know how critical he was to the defense. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Now,

Briggs inside...Jamar Williams in at WLB. Coaching staff has been high on him for as long as I can remember, and were confident in him taking over for Briggs when we thought he was lost as a FA a few seasons ago. Let's just see how that goes....

I read a quote by Briggs when asked if he would be moved inside and his response was "no, definately not, Hunter Hillenmeyer will pick up the slack" or to that effect.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              I read a quote by Briggs when asked if he would be moved inside and his response was "no, definately not, Hunter Hillenmeyer will pick up the slack" or to that effect.
              yea, briggs is gonna stay

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                yea, briggs is gonna stay
                But, let it be stated, HH is NOT urlacher.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

The important question is, Is HH better than Briggs if Briggs is playing out of position?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Is Roach still a Bear? I always thought he had some starter potential, although probably not on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                      The important question is, Is HH better than Briggs if Briggs is playing out of position?
                      Well, the question is, who replaces briggs. Jamar Williams... I'd rather have Briggs and a 6 year Bears Vet than Briggs and Williams leading the Defense.

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                      Is Roach still a Bear? I always thought he had some starter potential, although probably not on the inside.
                      Roach will be replacing Tinoisamoa for the next 2-4 weeks.
                      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                        Well, the question is, who replaces briggs. Jamar Williams... I'd rather have Briggs and a 6 year Bears Vet than Briggs and Williams leading the Defense.

Roach will be replacing Tinoisamoa for the next 2-4 weeks.
                        Thank you. Roach may not be the prototype but in the short time he was a Bolt I was pretty sold on his instincts and ability.

Comment

holy ************ id rather kill myself than be a packer fan.
                          Sorry mate, just saw that big old Packers Logo and assumed, didn't even notice who I was talking to... That thing must be painful to wear, like each time you make a post a little part of your soul dies.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Cover 2 sucks.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information