Week 1 Power Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    I did lift the Raiders up a considerable amount from where I had them coming into the season somewhere in the bottom 5. Week 1 is the toughest to make a fair judgement on teams. I'd like to see the Raiders continue to develope their run game and use it as effectively as they did on Monday Night. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this team needs to be consistent. Everyone can get happy in their pants after what they showed last week but it won't matter if they put the same product that the have the last however many years back on the field next week.

Sproles' role wouldn't be nearly as effective if not for Tomlinson so really, who is more important? Something to think about.

Also, to comment on the Raiders defense. Ellis and Seymour definitely benefits the whole defense, creating more pressure thus bad throws. I'm still wondering if Rivers' touchdown throw to Jackson was amazing placement or a bad throw turned great. I guess we'll never know completely.

Yah impossible to say on the Rivers throw, but on the other hand he has been making gold out of seemingly impossible tosses for a while now.

We might find out about Sproles this week, LT could sit out. Michael Bennett off the bench.

Comment

I know no one is giving the Saints a lot of credit for beating the Lions but we did put up almost 50 points easily. Hell, we toyed with them a good bit. The Lions defense did look improved and their offense is a work in progress. You can already tell, though, that should have drafted Michael Oher instead of Brandon Pettigrew.

The Saints defense is still trying to gel but it looks a lot faster and more aggressive. This week against the Eagles will prove more than the Lions game did. What killed New Orleans against Detroit was our atrocious Special Teams play and turnovers. Reggie Bush fumbled a punt return which led to a Lions TD and Mike Bell's one and only fumbled led to a Louis Delmas fumble return for a TD.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
        I know no one is giving the Saints a lot of credit for beating the Lions but we did put up almost 50 points easily. Hell, we toyed with them a good bit. The Lions defense did look improved and their offense is a work in progress. You can already tell, though, that should have drafted Michael Oher instead of Brandon Pettigrew.

The Saints defense is still trying to gel but it looks a lot faster and more aggressive. This week against the Eagles will prove more than the Lions game did. What killed New Orleans against Detroit was our atrocious Special Teams play and turnovers. Reggie Bush fumbled a punt return which led to a Lions TD and Mike Bell's one and only fumbled led to a Louis Delmas fumble return for a TD.
        I still think the Pettigrew pick can pan out. Obviously living in the now their line is freaking terrible, but having a talented underneath/mid route TE will do wonders for Calvin over the next few years. Not to mention Stafford.

If the Lions had any concern at all about Oher's ability to play LT, they could justify passing pretty easily given that they had drafted their RT in the 1st round the year prior.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post

It's not that no one is giving them credit, it's just that it was expected. That was the way it was going to be and everyone accepted it as normal. Had it not turned out the way it did then everyone would have been shocked. What happens against this Philadelphia defense will change a lot of moods around the NFL and their fans, good or bad.

Comment

I'll just do divisions, since it's always prickly doing 1-32 after the 1st WK. Got questions about possibly elite teams who played creampuffs, but I'll put together a Top 6 in each conference who look like Playoff contenders.

AFC North:
            1. Pittsburgh Steelers
            2. Baltimore Ravens
            3. Cincinatti Bengals
            4. Cleveland Browns

AFC East:
            1. New England Patriots
            2a. NY Jets
            2b. Buffalo Bills
            4. Miami Dolphins

AFC South:
            1a. Indianapolis Colts
            1b. Tennessee Titans
            3. Houston Texans
            4. Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC West:
            1. San Diego Chargers
            2. Oakland Raiders
            3. Denver Broncos
            4. Kansas City Chiefs

NFC North:
            1. Minnesota Vikings
            2. Green Bay Packers
            3. Chicago Bears
            4. Detroit Lions

NFC East:
            1. NY Giants
            2. Philadelphia Eagles
            3. Dallas Cowboys
            4. Washington Redskins

NFC South:
            1. Atlanta Falcons
            2. New Orleans Saints
            3. Carolina Panthers
            4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West:
            1. San Francisco 49ers
            2. Arizona Cardinals
            3. Seattle Seahawks
            4. St. Louis Rams

AFC Contenders:
            1: Pittsburgh Steelers
            2. Indianapolis Colts
            3. New England Patriots
            4. Tennessee Titans
            5. San Diego Chargers
            6. Baltimore Ravens

NFC Contenders:
            1. NY Giants
            2. Philadelphia Eagles
            3. Atlanta Falcons
            4. Minnesota Falcons
            5. Green Bay Packers
            6. San Francisco 49ers
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Good rankings, I agree where the raiders are. Hopefully we improve enough to be out of the bottom 10.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                I still think the Pettigrew pick can pan out. Obviously living in the now their line is freaking terrible, but having a talented underneath/mid route TE will do wonders for Calvin over the next few years. Not to mention Stafford.

If the Lions had any concern at all about Oher's ability to play LT, they could justify passing pretty easily given that they had drafted their RT in the 1st round the year prior.
                I definitely understand the drafting of Pettigrew but the recent success of first round QB's the past couple of years has been based on those teams drafting OL. If a top left tackle is on the board after you had already drafted someone you wanted as your franchise quarterback then you have to take him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

You seriously think the Atlanta Falcons are the 4th best team in the NFL right now???

The Niners beat the team that was seconds away from winning the Superbowl, and they're ranked 21st?

I actually think these rankings are pretty horrible.
                  Last edited by MetSox17; 09-16-2009, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I think you can't base it off one game.
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                      22. Buffalo Bills - Leodis lost the game for them. Or was it the offensive coordinator? Owens was targeted a total of 4 times. Had two catches, a drop, and an offensive pass interference called against him. If you want to win football games, give it to your playmakers.
                      No way would I blame the offensive coordinator. Maybe the defensive coordinator that let Keith Ellison stay out and get burned in coverage on the last two TD.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        You seriously think the Atlanta Falcons are the 4th best team in the NFL right now???

The Niners beat the team that was seconds away from winning the Superbowl, and they're ranked 21st?

I actually think these rankings are pretty horrible.
                        if you're going to talk about what Arizona did last year, then talk about what the 49ers did last year as well (nothing).

and while maybe not all 21 teams ahead of san fran did something last year, a lot did.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                          if you're going to talk about what Arizona did last year, then talk about what the 49ers did last year as well (nothing).
                          If that's the attitude you're gonna take toward this, then ranking the teams in the NFL after one f'ing game is ********.

Comment

I really like these rankings right now as well. When I see 21 next to the 49ers, it sounds a bit too low but then when I look at the teams from 15-20, I can't definitively convince myself the 49ers are better than any of them.

Comment

If you're going based off of some of last week and a lot of 'knowledge'...

21 for the Niners isn't bad considering gore had 30 yards rushing.
                              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Against a pretty good Arizona defense. Not to mention that the 9ers aren't exactly known for their offensive line.

I'm still waiting for an explanation on how the Atlanta ******* Falcons are the 4th best team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information