No announcement yet.

Week 1 Power Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to agree that TO's usage wasn't bad, on most weeks he'll get targeted more, but this week they were doing well just using how he affects coverage to move the chains. Big plays are good and important, but I think an offense just driving away and moving the chains is a much more effective way to win games if your defense is doing their job on other end.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

How are the Lions worse than the Rams?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        How are the Lions worse than the Rams?

You know how they say that defending champs are the number one team until someone knocks them off? Well I think the same logic can be applied to the lions being the champs of suck until the knock somebody off.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

I agree with your rankings for the most part. I don't think we're the worst team in the AFC West, and I don't think we'll finish there, but that could just be the homer in me talking.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
            You know how they say that defending champs are the number one team until someone knocks them off? Well I think the same logic can be applied to the lions being the champs of suck until the knock somebody off.
            I agree, Lions need to beat somebody before any movement occurs.

Comment

I think the Chargers are a little high. They looked freakin terrible on monday.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                16. Chicago Bears - Peter King picked them to go to the Super Bowl.
                WTF? Since when does the fat man's opinion mean anything? I mean, he writes a column about his daughter's soccer games and going to Starbucks. My hairy nutsack has more credibility and it picked the Rams to win the NFC West.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

The comments about the Bills are ********. Our offense was rolling at a better and more consistent pace than the Pats for the entire game other than the last 2 minutes and the offensive coordinator called a great game by using screens and draws that caught the Pats off guard all game. Also, how are we worse than the Dolphins based on week 1? I'm a little confuzzled...

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                    I think the Chargers are a little high. They looked freakin terrible on monday.
                    Ugly wins are still wins, the same as Indy, NE, Pitt received. Baltimore should give everyone a better idea of where the Bolts stand.

Comment

I really don't like the Steelers at number 1. They can't run the ball, their offensive line are playing like turnstyles and Polamalu is out now. If Big Ben goes down they are screwed offensively. I would have the Giants as number 1 if they could play for 60 minutes. All throughout their game against Washington I couldn't believe how close the score was but they always seemed to up a gear when it got to the crunch.

I would rate the top 10 as

1. NY Giants-Their defense is just scary and you know they can run the ball. How many WRs do they have that can make plays?
                      2. Pittsburgh Steelers-What happened to being a pound the ball team. Roethlisberger threw it over 40 times last week. They will struggle to win the AFC North if that continues.
                      3. New England Patriots-Played very badly and the defense took a huge shot with Mayo getting hurt. But give me Brady in the fourth quarter over anyone.
                      4. Philadelphia Eagles-McNabb needs to be healthy for them to be good this year. Defensively they had a great showing against Carolina.
                      5. Baltimore Ravens-500 yards of offense??? Oh right it was against Kansas City. Lets see how they do against San Diego this week.
                      6. Tennessee Titans-Probably should have beaten the Steelers but came up short in overtime. Didn't really miss Haynesworth but probably need a QB who will win them games.
                      7. Indianapolis Colts-The Jags kept it close which isn't a good sign but they still got the W. Manning to Wayne is going to be heard a lot in the next few weeks especially with Gonzalez hurt. The defense looked better than in previous years.
                      8. Atlanta Falcons-Offensively they will be very good and the defense done very well last week with four takeaways against the team who break records last year for not turning it over.
                      9. San Diego Chargers-A real poor showing against Oakland but like the Steelers, Patriots and Colts they got the win. Will need to be better next week against Baltimore but have an easy division. Should LT be backing up Sproles now?
                      10. Minnesota Vikings-12 million for 110 yards a game. I think the Vikings front office would take that trade if AD runs for 180 yards and three touchdowns a game. The court ruling allowing the Williams' to play this season is huge for them.

Just missing;

New Orleans Saints
                      Green Bay Packers
                      New York Jets
                      Last edited by AntoinCD; 09-16-2009, 06:30 PM.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        I'm still waiting for an explanation on how the Atlanta ******* Falcons are the 4th best team in the NFL.
                        I don't think they're 4th, but they played very well against a good Miami team who made the Playoffs last season. We all know about the offense with Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Tony Gonzalez, and Roddy White, but the DEF impressed me most. The signing of Mike Peterson in FA may've been the most under-rated acquisition all offseason. He had an INT, and was active with Curtis Lofton in containing the run. John Abraham was in midseason form, and abused Jake Long. The rest of the DEF was very good as well, especially the DL.

The Dolphins shut down the Falcons running-game too, yet Ryan was able to win the game through the air without a stellar rushing threat. They answered that question of Ryan being protected by an amazing running game, and their DEF stepped up.

Perhaps their ranking has to do something with their ranking among NFC teams? Because you could definitely say that with teams like Carolina struggling and Philly losing McNabb for a bit, that they and NYG are the NFC elite right now after beating solid opponents.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          Ugly wins are still wins, the same as Indy, NE, Pitt received. Baltimore should give everyone a better idea of where the Bolts stand.
                          Im excited about this game. The Chargers are very talented but if they had trouble with the Raiders level of physicality then Baltimore should be a hand full.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                            Im excited about this game. The Chargers are very talented but if they had trouble with the Raiders level of physicality then Baltimore should be a hand full.
                            Should be a good barometer for both teams. Not to mention reveal a little bit about what the hell the deal is with the Chiefs and Raiders giving each more than a run for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                              I don't think they're 4th, but they played very well against a good Miami team who made the Playoffs last season. We all know about the offense with Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Tony Gonzalez, and Roddy White, but the DEF impressed me most. The signing of Mike Peterson in FA may've been the most under-rated acquisition all offseason. He had an INT, and was active with Curtis Lofton in containing the run. John Abraham was in midseason form, and abused Jake Long. The rest of the DEF was very good as well, especially the DL.

The Dolphins shut down the Falcons running-game too, yet Ryan was able to win the game through the air without a stellar rushing threat. They answered that question of Ryan being protected by an amazing running game, and their DEF stepped up.

Perhaps their ranking has to do something with their ranking among NFC teams? Because you could definitely say that with teams like Carolina struggling and Philly losing McNabb for a bit, that they and NYG are the NFC elite right now after beating solid opponents.
                              Since when are the Dolphins an impressive team to beat?

Someone needs to clear it up for me, are we using last year as a barometer or not? Because if we aren't, the Falcons have absolutely no business being anywhere near the top five. Everyone knows the Dolphins overachieved their talent last year, and their record was not indicative of the kind of team they were, which is why they were bounced in their first playoff game last year.

This is the team that shut down the Falcons running game? The team that took them to the wire? That team is the 4th best in the NFL? I don't think so.

And the 9ers beat the Cardinals, yet the Cardinals are three, four spots ahead of the 9ers? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                                Since when are the Dolphins an impressive team to beat?

Someone needs to clear it up for me, are we using last year as a barometer or not? Because if we aren't, the Falcons have absolutely no business being anywhere near the top five. Everyone knows the Dolphins overachieved their talent last year, and their record was not indicative of the kind of team they were, which is why they were bounced in their first playoff game last year.

This is the team that shut down the Falcons running game? The team that took them to the wire? That team is the 4th best in the NFL? I don't think so.

And the 9ers beat the Cardinals, yet the Cardinals are three, four spots ahead of the 9ers? LOL
                                You can be tideous over the Rankings all you want, its the way I feel. I didn't expect everyone to agree with them. You can't say well, they beat x team so why is x team ranked ahead of them. Because teams lose games they should win all the time. Like you said, the Cardinals were seconds away from winning the Super Bowl, yet you want them lower? There is no measuring stick for this power rankings, no formula, strictly opinion. If there was a formula, what would the point to posting a different power rankings than nfl.com, espn.com, and so on be?

Why are the Falcons the 4th best team in the NFL? Look who is ahead of them and look who is behind them. Those ahead of them, I feel are better. Those behind, I feel are worse as of this moment in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information