Week 2 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    The last time the Steelers played Cutler, he carved them up pretty good. However, he had a lot more offensive firepower on the Broncos at the time than he does now with the Bears. I don't think the Bears have the offensive weapons or the offensive line to help Cutler out. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. I think it'll be close because I think the Bears will be fired up at their home opener and our run game is as worthless as a limp ***** right now, but I can see Cutler being easily rattled by the Steelers blitz and defense that is returning Lawrence Timmons.
    Yeah. Cutler needs to stand strong in the pocket and deliver accurate passes in order for the Bears to win (well no ****...). I really hope the Bears utilize short drops and quick passes to Olsen and Forte (wtf. use him in the passing game) to establish that all important rhythm for a QB. If some semblance of a run game can be established, along with the short passes early in the game, then I really like the Bears chances.

It will be interesting to see how the Bears defense handles PIT's (backyard) offense.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

The Bears will go no where until they get Matt Forte going. If they have to pass to win then they won't do much winning. Jay Cutler is much more mediocre than anyone cares to admit. He and Matt Schaub are kinda in the same boat. Both get a lot of praise, yet they have accomplished very little.

Comment

Interesting you feel that way about Cutler now. Wasn't so long ago that you considered him a great QB, but maybe the change in scenery helped you see what was there all along.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Seriously, everyone was on Cutler's jock before this offseason.

Comment

Seriously people, he had one bad game against a great secondary. Give the man a break. He's not going to put up the same numbers he put up in Denver without Marshall, but he's a damn good QB that you can win a Super Bowl with.

Comment

I predict that Brad Childress will shave his beard before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                I predict that Brad Childress will shave his beard before the game.

Don't even say that.

Comment

Brandon Albert Will have nightmares Sunday night cause of What Seymour will do to him.
                  Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                    he's a damn good QB that you can win a Super Bowl with.
                    If you can with one with Eli, you can win one with anyone. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                      If you can with one with Eli, you can win one with anyone. ;)
                      Giants are without Canty + other injuries, reports for Romo & Jones are A-OK to play -- advantage Dallas.

Romo is like 4-0 vs the Giants, & home field gives me hope that Dallas will go 2-0. Got to throw large nos. of bodies at to stop #27 though, the Cowboys LBs have to show a better rush defense than they did vs Cadillac Williams & Tampa

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        Interesting you feel that way about Cutler now. Wasn't so long ago that you considered him a great QB, but maybe the change in scenery helped you see what was there all along.
                        Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                        Seriously, everyone was on Cutler's jock before this offseason.
                        I considered him a great prospect, there is a difference. Empirical evidence always trumps theoretical conjecture.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                          I considered him a great prospect, there is a difference. Empirical evidence always trumps theoretical conjecture.
                          see, now 1 game = empirical evidence.

Comment

Surely you remember how the Broncos finished last year.. 2-4 down the stretch, Jay Cutler 6:7 TD/INT ratio

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              Surely you remember how the Broncos finished last year.. 2-4 down the stretch, Jay Cutler 6:7 TD/INT ratio
                              surely u remember how they started and the defense. those ints werent really like this last game where he "lost" them the game

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                                surely u remember how they started and the defense. those ints werent really like this last game where he "lost" them the game
                                surely your remember how the refs took the game away from SD...which means the Broncos would have finished 7-9, not 8-8.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information