Grant Wistrom cut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant Wistrom cut

Seahwaks cut Grant Wistrom after the signing of Patrick Kerney.

Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports that the Seattle Seahawks have cut defensive end Grant Wistrom, only days after signing defensive end Patrick Kerney.

The move means that Kerney and Bryce Fisher will enter the season as the starting defensive ends.

Wistrom received in three years ago a grossly puffed up deal to join the Seahawks, which included $14 million in guaranteed money. The move will be processed as a June 2 cut, so that the cap acceleration will be spread over two years.
    JETS

I'd actually like to see him reunited with Lovie in Chicago, but we don't have the room.

Interesting they replaced one overpriced DE with another.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

With Kerney coming in there and Winstrom on the back end of his career it was a good decision by the Seahawks

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Well, that's not surprising. USed situationally, Wistrom can still be effective. I could see some teams taking a look if the money works out. Maybe Carolina. Atlanta might actually make some sense at a decent price. We all know how Chucky and Bruce Allen collect older talents, so it wouldn't surprise me if they took a look at him. Several other teams. Should draw some interest in this thinning market.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
          Well, that's not surprising. USed situationally, Wistrom can still be effective. I could see some teams taking a look if the money works out. Maybe Carolina. Atlanta might actually make some sense at a decent price. We all know how Chucky and Bruce Allen collect older talents, so it wouldn't surprise me if they took a look at him. Several other teams. Should draw some interest in this thinning market.
          You are very right but I think we have enough old DEs....

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

given the Jared Allen situation maybe Herm and Carl take a lok but that is just a pure guess on my part

Comment

Link? 10 characters

Sig by rainbeaukid2
              Originally posted by yodachu
              Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

It's right on NFL.com

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                  It's right on NFL.com
                  Ok, but the thread creator needs to provide a link. Its common courtesy.

Now on to my opinion. This puts DE back on our list of needs for the draft. I would've kept Wistrom though, he is still a good player.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
                  Originally posted by yodachu
                  Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    With Kerney coming in there and Winstrom on the back end of his career it was a good decision by the Seahawks
                    I agree, Seattle shouldn't have kept Wistrom.
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

We can pretty much expect the same situation to play out with Patrick Kerney.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        We can pretty much expect the same situation to play
                        i think patrick kerney wil look wierd in a seahawks uni, i don't know why.. well maybe i do, it could be that when i think patrick kerney i think kieth brooking and kieth brooking would look waaay wierd in a seahawkes uni. Or maybe it's because the seahawkes have stupid unis.
                        Last edited by McBain; 03-08-2007, 05:51 PM. Reason: highness

Comment

I would say both of these guys are on the back end of their careers, isn't Kerney 30+?

Comment

I wouldnt mind him in Carolina, but itd have to be a cheap deal where he could easily be cut. With the way this offseason is going I wouldnt be surprised if he got a much better offer than that

Comment

If he can be had for a fair deal he needs to come to DC cause we need his help
                              RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information