Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you help your QB be successful?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you help your QB be successful?

I guess this is for the teams rebuilding ( Rams, Lions, Browns and Chiefs)

Would you build up great Oline and Dlines and run the ball and get after the passer? (Gmen)
    How about giving them great skill set guys around them? (Colts, Saints, Pats)
    Or would you give them unbelievable defensive teams so if they make a mistake it won't cost you? (Steelers, Ravens)

What do you think is the best way of success is?

I like the Gmen build more. I think someone like the Saints for instance, our receiving corps is deep, but before this year (with Shockey being hurt or not there) it was Colston(who was hurt a lot) Bush (who was hurt a lot) and then a bunch of mediocre guys, with only above average pass protection, and Brees was buying time with his movement in the pocket and completing difficult throws.

I'd rather run the ball, and let my QB strike with play action instead of trying to make too many reads and throws and change ups at the line. I think you move your guy toward that slowly each year.
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

OL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Comment

OL and a big TE.

Comment

Not being Marc Bulger is the first step to helping.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I honestly dont think it is possible for Jason Campbell to be successful
            RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

You get a dominate OL; a good QB can make mediocre receivers work. Everytime there is a disappointing young QB the franchise tries to add weapons, but how often has that made a difference? Not often, if at all.

Comment

You have to protect your quarterback. Give them the Giants build and watch magic happen. If they don't succeed there then they're not a good quarterback.

Comment

A QB does you no good on the ground. You have to get a good OL in front of him, that is the first priority on offense. If possible, build a good D so you don't have to rely on the QB early on in their career, and thirdly, bring in weapons for him, whether it be in the running game or passing game.
                  Last edited by eaglesalltheway; 09-18-2009, 08:58 PM.
                  Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    You get a dominate OL; a good QB can make mediocre receivers work. Everytime there is a disappointing young QB the franchise tries to add weapons, but how often has that made a difference? Not often, if at all.
                    Well guys like Peyton Manning had Marvin Harrison there already.

Comment

From the Browns standpoint, the best thing that would help Quinn is giving him a solid running game. Two things that would help in doing that is replacing St. Clair with a legitimate Right Tackle (Ciron Black in round 2 would be fantastic) and grabbing a bigger back in the middle to late rounds to replace Jamal Lewis and put them behind what would be a very talented OLine like the Giants have been doing the last several years.

It remains to be seen what James Davis can do this year, but as long as they run behind Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, and Alex Mack, they should find yards.
                      Last edited by wonderbredd24; 09-18-2009, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Trent Green had three straight 4000 yards seasons and other then Gonzo the average fan can't tell you who he was throwing to the reason he could do that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                          Trent Green had three straight 4000 yards seasons and other then Gonzo the average fan can't tell you who he was throwing to the reason he could do that is.

I love it when the big men get the love they so rightfully deserve...:)
                          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Build the O-Line and D-lines first, reliable TE&RB, Fix the rest of the defense, and then add some receivers. So pretty much the opposite of what the Lions and Texans did with Harrington/Carr.

Comment

I believe that if your QB needs his hand held, he wasn't destined for greatness anyway. Make sure his WRs are at least competent, they don't need to be gamebreakers, but they need to be guys with reliable hands that run solid routes. On the OL, get him a group that can run block, and use the running game as a way to set up simple plays in the passing game. If your QB shows signs, invest in the offensive line, draft a rookie and bring in a couple of solid yet unspectacular veteran free agents. I don't think it's important to have the best OL in the league, because if your QB has no pocket presence, he isn't gonna be great.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information