Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers send Jamal Williams to IR

Chargers send Jamal Williams to IR

In a surprising move, the Chargers have placed defensive tackle Jamal Williams on injured reserve, with a triceps injury.

The team announced the move moments ago.

Williams had been listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Ravens, due to an elbow injury.

This is a very significant blow to the Chargers. Maybe more than Shawne Merriman's loss was last year.

Comment

Agreed its a big loss.

Comment

That dline was already pretty weak, now it's outright terrible. They have Castillo, who is vastly overrated and the other end spot is being held down by a rotation of garbage like Travis Johnson, Ogembi Nwagbuo and Andre Coleman. Who are they going to use at NT?

Going to na 4-3 isn't going to fix it either, they don't have the linebackers. Burnett and Philips would be the worst set of OLBs in the league.

I don't see much hope for the Chargers defense.
        Last edited by Basileus777; 09-19-2009, 05:13 PM.

Comment

They got an NT in the 6th round didn't they? Ive heard good things about him. I forgot his name.

This is a big blow, but at the same time, Williams isn't the player he used to be. Im curious to see now if they go to a 4-3 front without him.

Comment

Merriman is still the most important player to that d. A big blow, but I don't think it's nearly the same caliber of lose as merriman was last year.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

This sucks, I've always been a big Jamal Williams fan.

I hope he can bounce back from this, otherwise Terrence Cody or Arthur Jones can start to look for a house in San Diego.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Well now they have no LT and no Jamal Williams. Looking pretty good for the Ravens tomorrow. With no Williams, our rushing attack should do some damage up the middle.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                  Merriman is still the most important player to that d. A big blow, but I don't think it's nearly the same caliber of lose as merriman was last year.
                  If Merriman was at 100% you might be right. But from what I saw of him against Oakland, it going to take a while for him to get there. San Diego doesn't have the depth on their dline to cope with losing Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                    If Merriman was at 100% you might be right. But from what I saw of him against Oakland, it going to take a while for him to get there. San Diego doesn't have the depth on their dline to cope with losing Williams.
                    Well, Merriman is a big time player, and big time players step up when called upon so I guess we'll see how this affects the team. IMO if Merriman can step up and get back to where he was, or at least near that level, than they should be able to cope with a lesser DL than they've had in the past.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

I agree that he is not the player he once was but it is still a big blow I don't think they have any one that can come close to replacing him.

Comment

Was he playing injured against the Raiders on Monday? He was basically a non factor the entire game.
                        Peyton Manning Fanboy
                        Originally posted by Complex
                        They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

I didn't even notice him on monday. Nwagbuo played well, I guess he will take over.
                          Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Vaughn Martin the ultimate Canadian will right the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                              Vaughn Martin the ultimate Canadian will right the ship.
                              Vaughn Martin is championship. All Canadians know this.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information