Dermontti Dawson
    Richard Dent
    Russ Grimm
    Cortez Kennedy
    John Randle
    Andre Reed
    Shannon Sharpe
    Paul Tagliabue

Its likely these nine names will return to the Final 15 (with the two seniors LeBeau and Little making it 17).

The following got as far as the Last 25 last year and will be looking to take the next step into the Final 15:

Roger Craig
    Terrell Davis
    Chris Doleman
    Kevin Greene
    Ray Guy
    Charles Haley
    Art Modell
    Ken Stabler
    Steve Tasker

Notable first time nominees:

Stone cold 1st ballot locks:
    Jerry Rice
    Emmitt Smith

Will get in eventually but will have to wait:
    Tim Brown
    Aeneas Williams

* There are 22 names mentioned above. All 22 of them will probably make the semi final list of 25. However with some very strong first time nominees it will be very tough for those players listed from Craig to Tasker to crack the Final 15. In fact there may only be room for two of them if A.Williams makes it.

* As for the Class of 2010 - Rice and Emmitt will instantly snap up two of the available five spots for the modern era candidates. Of the remaining three spots at least one of them will likely be a defender as voters like to have positional variety in each class. That's good news for the likes of Dent.

Dawson then Grimm appear to be 'next in line' among the OL. Dent, Kennedy and Randle the same for the DL. Carter should be there already imo but will voters be reluctant to put in two WRs together? Shannon Sharpe will make it soon enough but not this year. With Rice, Carter, Reed, Sharpe and now Tim Brown up for election I can't see more than two pass catchers getting elected and if there are two it should be Rice (obviously) and Carter.

My Modern Era Class of 2010:

Rice
    Emmitt
    Dent
    Carter
    Dawson

LeBeau and Little are voted on separately and can make the Class a max of 7.

Your thoughts?

Tez should make it but he played in South Alaska on some really really bad teams, so he'll probly get overlooked again.
    "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Rice is the biggest lock to make it in forever.

Comment

Shannon Sharpe deserved to be first ballot, one of the best TE's ever. 9 Pro Bowls and 3 Super Bowl rings, come on now.

Comment

How in the heck Charles Haley is not in the HOF is the biggest mystery to me.

Dermotti Dawson is going to have to wait. Shannon Sharpe and Roger Craig should be finalists, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
            Tez should make it but he played in South Alaska on some really really bad teams, so he'll probly get overlooked again.
            I agree, Defensive Player of the Year on a 2-14 team...in Seattle...how dominant is that?

Comment

Rice, Smith, Carter and Sharpe should be locks. That leaves 1 opening right?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Rice, Smith, Carter and Sharpe should be locks. That leaves 1 opening right?
                You would think, but I thought Carter was a lock in his first year of eligibility. I was shocked when he still didn't get in in his second year.

I like Art Monk and thought he should have been in the Hall long before, but head to head, if one receiver was to get in that year, there's no way Monk should have went in over Carter.

Comment

Sharpe is not a lock, if he was, he'd already be in there.

I like the OP. Good job.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I think three things hurt Carter.

1) He's a D-bag. Although this didn't hurt Michael Irvin at all, so go figure.

2) He wasn't the complete package at WR, which likely led some people to believe he shouldn't be 1st ballot.

3) He never played an important game in his life. This shouldn't matter as much for WR, but it doesn't help that the teams he was on were known for choking in the playoffs.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Rickey Jackson should have been in like 6 to 8 years ago. He has better stats than at least half, if not more than half of the people at his position.

I hope Tags gets in. He's a huge reason we're still in N.O.

Comment

Irvin wasn't a d bag he just made a lot of bad decisions in his personal life but nobody worked harder and his teammates universally loved and respected him

Comment

Irvin just was on ESPN all the time proclaiming he should be in Canton 24-7. Once he got in he was fired. Hahah! I swear the make up artist did a great job dusting off the white stuff his nose.
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                            Irvin just was on ESPN all the time proclaiming he should be in Canton 24-7. Once he got in he was fired. Hahah! I swear the make up artist did a great job dusting off the white stuff his nose.
                            not cool man

Comment

I hope Steve Tasker eventually makes it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information