X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ers accuse Jets of tampering.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...tampering.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4491142

It is about Crabtree and I know there is already a thread, but I figured this is big enough news to have it's own, if I am wrong sorry and please merge. Anyway, this is a pretty large turn of events if true.
    Last edited by Chief49er; 09-21-2009, 11:06 AM.
    Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

Get your popcorn ready!!

Say it ain't so, Rex!! But it would explain a whole lot about why Crabs hasn't signed yet.

Comment

How long do cases usually last like this?

I know that a team doesnt present something like this unless they have some sort of evidence. So the 49ers must have something on the Jets.

Deion Sanders needs to speak up that loud mouth bastard, he knows something!

Comment

No one can man up Crab

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

I wish Crabs would get savagely attacked by a silverback gorilla.

Comment

So if the Jets are found tampering what would the loose? Money, and 1st round pick? not being able to sign Crabtree?

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
              So if the Jets are found tampering what would the loose? Money, and 1st round pick? not being able to sign Crabtree?
              Its impossible to know since it is at the discretion of Goodell, but this seems like a particularly egregious offense because it may cost the 49ers a top 10 pick.

Comment

They'd forfeit a pick to the Niners, if they are found guilty, most likely. The value of which, I have no idea.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

The tricky thing is, these things are so hard to prove. There have been a lot of complaints about the Jets in the last few years though, so I bet they're going to do a pretty thorough job investigating it. Honestly though, if the Jets are actually doing this it's an absolutely massive mistake. They could obviously use an upgrade at WR but they've been doing alright with what they have there thus far, and I don't see why Crabtree is worth the risk with the apparent baggage he's bringing as talented as he is.

Comment

My geuss would be all three. It has really screwed up things for SF, Crabtree, but most importantly it has the potential to ruin the drafting pay system. The Jets are offering to pay him what they feel he's worth and not where he's drafted. If that caught on teams would bid for the top prospects and they would refuse to sign for anything less than that no matter where they were drafted.

A 1st round draft pick is a significant punishment for the organization. Big fines stings whoever gets them individually. The Jets couldn't be allowed to sign Crabtree. If they paid a million dollar fine, gave up next years first, but when it comes to the draft Crabtree would fall all the way down to the Jets into the second round. No team would pick him as they know he wants the huge dollars the Jets promised him. They would still come out ahead and that would be unacceptable.

Comment

probably a later round pick(s)

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                        probably a later round pick(s)
                        I disagree, if found guilty they have jeopardized the slotted rookie pay scale, screwed with more than just the 49ers. I find it hard to believe they would only take a later pick from them if they were found guilty. The 49ers would have to be rewarded by the Jets with more, but who knows.

Comment

I find it hilarious that the 49ers are 2-0 while Crabtree is sitting at home. Samurai Mike is the ****, I really wish we would have hired him in Chicago. He's going to be a very good coach.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

How is the league going to prove this?

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                              How is the league going to prove this?
                              Well I assume it's going to go through eugene parker and deion sanders but it's almost impossible to prove. They didn't hit the Vikings with anything last year so I figure it's almost impossible to prove.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information