49ers accuse Jets of tampering.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    Circumstantial evidence at best. I'm guessing by then, punishment would have already been handed out anyway.
    Or they wouldn't have punished them, and everyone would say they're guilty but the league office couldn't do anything because it's still circumstantial evidence as you said. The 49ers need to present definitive proof right now, other things may suggest that the Jets tampered but they won't prove it and the league office can't do anything without relatively strong proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
      if they traded for him or drafted him that would scream "guilty"
      This offseason, the redskins were sort of accused of, or at least the Titans insinuated that they tampered with Haynesworth and then signed him. It's not unheard of.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

if they traded for him or drafted him that would scream "guilty"
        That's why it would be awesome. It would, in essence, be Rex Ryan saying we did it but there is not a damn thing you can do about it, we know we can get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
          That's why it would be awesome. It would, in essence, be Rex Ryan saying we did it but there is not a damn thing you can do about it, we know we can get away with it.
          This is hilarious. But if it was the Patriots doing it, you'd call it despicable, right?
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Im ssssooooooo happy we didnt draft him now.... wish we drafted Raji still...

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
              Im ssssooooooo happy we didnt draft him now.... wish we drafted Raji still...
              I don't know what you are sooooooo happy about....you are paying a guy $40 million to do less than Crabtree is doing. At least Crabtree isn't dropping passes and he is doing it for FREE!

Comment

This is could be very serious. You'd think that after New England was caught cheating and then San Francisco, teams would play by the rules (or at least be more careful not to get caught). I hope these accusations aren't true.

Comment

I hope they are true. Then I want the Jets to win the superbowl, so I can hear people say they only won because they cheated and tried to get Michael Crabtree.
                  Originally posted by SNIPER26
                  fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                    This is hilarious. But if it was the Patriots doing it, you'd call it despicable, right?
                    Yes, everyone is hypocritical about their team to a certain extent. The Jets tampering with Crabtree is amusing to me because usually the Jets are just crappy and follow the rules. Now they look like they are getting better and are being dicks and potentially breaking rules. If the Pats did it, clearly, I would think it's horrible because I hate them and they have broken other rules so why do they need to do it again?

Comment

from Barrows: http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/10/10/jets...-for-crabtree/

The Jets were the only outside team to show real interest in acquiring Crabtree during the period in which he could be traded, twice calling the 49ers to try to engage in trade talks. But the 49ers had no interest in dealing him, according to team sources, and repeatedly told Crabtree’s agent, Eugene Parker, that they would either sign the rookie wide receiver or allow him to re-enter the draft next year.
                      is this the tampering?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

is this the tampering?
                        I don't see how that would be tampering. If that was the period when he could be traded and they were calling the 49ers and not Crabtree, it seems like it would be legitimate.

Comment

No, that's not the tampering they filed the complaint about. Here, read this

Niners owner Jed York:

I think it was clear there was some evidence that the Jets talked to him and as a group we decided this is something that is very serious and we wanted to make sure it was brought to the league's attention. Scot, Paraag and I discussed it and we moved forward from there.
                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I found it a coincidence that Crabtree signed the day of the Jets trading for Crabtree....

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I found it a coincidence that Crabtree signed the day of the Jets trading for Crabtree....
                              I think you mean Braylon Edwards... anyways, i think crabs signed first. Then the Edwards trade happened.

Comment

Yes you're talking about Edwards.

But it passing strange with the timing, any way you slice it Rex Ryan was gonna get a new WR this season if it hairliped the Pope.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information