Week 2 Write up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
    So far his defensive adjustments have been pretty bad.
    Trust me, it won't get better.

Comment

Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
      Trust me, it won't get better.
      LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING LA LA LA LA LA

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
        I think that was dwight lowery who made that play, I could be wrong though.
        No you are right, it was Lowery.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
        Originally posted by Job
        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

It's 1.5 times the size of last week's write up, sorry i can't fit everything in.
          just get rid of the Panther's part

boosh

Comment

After seeing the Eagles new defense play last week I had to ponder how the team would perform against a more competent offense, capable of handling high pressure scheming, I guess now we know/
            I guess we now know that you didn't watch a single minute of this game. The Eagles didn't blitz, like, ever. They sat back in soft zone and rushed four against usually six blockers. Math says you're not going to get to the QB like that. True to his coaching tree, Sean McDermott unleashed a Jim Johnson Bad Special, where you rush four and drop seven into baby soft zone all day. This usually occurs 2-3 times per year. Throw in the fact that the Kolbster was playing, Ellis Hobbs sucks at kick returning and that the Eagles didn't seem particularly intent on playing by the rules on special teams, and you've got yourself a blowout. Kevin Kolb starting a football game is worth 21 points for the other team. So, really, we lost by five. :D Not bad considering the circumstances.

Comment

Although it wasn't that great of a rushing performance, the Steelers did run for a 4.8 ypc and gain over 100 yards for a team that is pretty much a pass first team now.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                Although it wasn't that great of a rushing performance, the Steelers did run for a 4.8 ypc and gain over 100 yards for a team that is pretty much a pass first team now.
                35 came on one run where Hillenmeyer was held badly.

The running game was bad and didnt do a lot at all

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                  35 came on one run where Hillenmeyer was held badly.

The running game was bad and didnt do a lot at all
                  It was actually 39, but who's counting.

I agree that the run game is bad, but it was a whole lot better than the first game.

Comment

It was actually 39, but who's counting.

I agree that the run game is bad, but it was a whole lot better than the first game.
                    well mediocre over horrible is still not good ;)

Comment

Brees on pace for 72 TD's. Believe That!

Comment

This will sound a little arrogant, but yeah, WE know who Kerry Rhodes is, the more informed fans of the NFL, but your average beer swilling douche bag who watches monday night countdown for the analysis, doesn't know there's defensive players in the NFL not named Troy Polamalu
                        How DARE you besmirch the good name of beer!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

And it's not like they won the Championship with a stout run game last year. IIRC, all season long we heard about how they couldn't win with such a poor O-line & rushing attack. As long as their D comes along and gets back into #1 form they will be able to "legitimately defend their title this year."

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                            And it's not like they won the Championship with a stout run game last year. IIRC, all season long we heard about how they couldn't win with such a poor O-line & rushing attack. As long as their D comes along and gets back into #1 form they will be able to "legitimately defend their title this year."
                            Don't be so sure. Last year their running game wasn't exactly stellar (24th) but the team had the ability to score points (11th in rushing TDs). Their running game somehow looks worse.

The offensive line has never been terrible, it's a middle of the road line, and what could be called "good enough" as has been said by Roethlisberger more than once, if he didn't hold on to the ball so long waiting for plays to develop there'd be a lot less sacks the line took the blame for.

The Steelers are a great team, don't get me wrong and I think they're one of the few teams likely to be fighting for it all at the end of the year, but their lack of balance, means teams can be come one dimensional against them. While there's one year where this was overcome, there's an entire football history that says being able to run the ball is tantamount to success.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information