No announcement yet.

Shiver's Weeks 1-2 Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Champ? Haven't seen his games, but it seems the Broncos' defense has been pretty good against the pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
      What about Champ? Haven't seen his games, but it seems the Broncos' defense has been pretty good against the pass.
      Look who they played
      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Champ is up there, right now the best corners in the NFL

Namdi
        Webster Revis

Finnegan Bailey

The rest.

I obviously agree with the sentiments on the Jets, Steelers and Russel since it echoes my sentiments closely, I had notes on Flacco and Johnson as well but didn't find space, the maturation and play of Flacco and Ryan both being so good so early is almost unheard of in a draft, it's really great to see some good young quarterbacks coming through after there being such a drought of real players.

Tom Brady still ain't Tom Brady that we remember and harassing him, regardless of what defense he's facing like against Buffalo or New York seems to be a very good idea.

Cassel had a decent game for his first start outside of the Juggernaut that is the Patriots, I'm interested in seeing him in the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
          Look who they played
          Indeed. Thanks for informing me on his play.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            BBD, can you help me out on the history of the spread in the NFL. I know it was used in the early 90s, but I would like some clarifications in how that compared to what is being used today. (I'm too young lol)
            Air Coryell ;)

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
            Originally posted by TitanHope
            R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
            He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

I agree about Russell, he is clearly very lazy. His film study must consist of the time it takes him to eat his #2 from Burger King.
              Taking a Knapp.

Comment

I know everything people are saying bout Russell is completely true...yet I cant help but get a lil mad when people bad mouth my QB haha

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                Originally posted by TitanHope
                R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                  Champ is up there, right now the best corners in the NFL

Namdi
                  Webster Revis

Finnegan Bailey

The rest.
                  Finnegan!? Wow... Might want to reanalyze that one. He isn't good, let alone one of the best.

Bailey is not in his prime anymore. He still is a savvy veteran, but he isn't like Asomugha and Revis who are at their peak, if not getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
                    I agree about Russell, he is clearly very lazy. His film study must consist of the time it takes him to eat his #2 from Burger King.
                    I loved it when he threw a pass to McFadden as if he was 6'10" and then he got on him about not catching it. I am still trying to figure out what is his problem; he wasn't terrible last year, not good for certain but much better than these first two games. He is making Vince Young look like Drew Brees.

Comment

I can't wait for the first Saints vs. Falcons game.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

It is going to be must-see TV for sure. I am just bummed about Peria Jerry, we are awfully thin at DT already and this does not help. It would be nice if Chris Houston didn't get burned up and down the field all day long by Steve Smith either. Smith has his number big time, almost as bad as Andre Johnson has Cortland Finnegan's number.

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                          Look who they played
                          Yeah, it's not like they held a team to 10 points that scored 31 this week. At least they didn't have a number one overall pick who happened to be a multi time pro bowler at QB. And if only they had a really good WR.

sheesh

Champ has more in the tank than to be thought of only as a savvy veteran. He was unnoticed last year because of injury, but a healthy champ is still top 5.

aso, revis, webster, gamble, bailey. Woodson is still up there with the big boys too.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                          Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                          i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                          Originally posted by Job
                          NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Actually I think there are two standout guys, after Revis and Asomugha there is a list about eight to ten deep of all worthy corners; they just do not inspire fear like a great corner should.

Comment

That probably is a better way to look at it, as aso and revis really are better than all of them.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                              Originally posted by Job
                              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

The Patriots were 6th in rushing last year and 13th the year before that. It wasn't flashy because they used so many different backs, but it was effective and kept defenses honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information