Shiver's Weeks 1-2 Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    It is going to be must-see TV for sure. I am just bummed about Peria Jerry, we are awfully thin at DT already and this does not help. It would be nice if Chris Houston didn't get burned up and down the field all day long by Steve Smith either. Smith has his number big time, almost as bad as Andre Johnson has Cortland Finnegan's number.
    That was Nick Harper, I dont even recall Andre having a catch on Cortlands side.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Champ Bailey is still amazing, but not as good as he used to be. He's been banged up the last couple of years(partly because he was our best run defender and partly because he was in coverage an average of 34 seconds per pass attempt). He looked worse the last 2 years than he was because of a lack of pressure and no safety help. But the prime Champ Bailey wouldn't have needed safety help.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

*shrug* the pats had a craptastic rushing attack for the last few years and have more or less made it work. it seems to me that the bigger problem is that brady isn't stepping into his throws properly (especially when rushed), thus the guy who's normally pretty accurate is throwing footballs to no one.

also, no. champ bailey is not a top 5 cb anymore. he's certainly not a "shutdown" corner, or whatever it's being called these days. he's a very good corner, who supports the run better than just about anyone else at the position. but his coverage skills are waning.
        Yeah, Brady is physically healed, but to me it looks like he isn't mentally healed. He's thinking too much about the knee.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I think Brady may end up like Carson Palmer did, still very good but that mental block will keep him from being 'elite' again. Suffice to say this isn't the same guy who had the single greatest season for the QB position.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
            So what you're saying is Mendenhall needs the rock more. ;)

He's such a beast.
            Yeah.

He's not going to gain yards on every play with our OL... but he has insanely better Vision and Hands than Parker. The fact their not letting him beastmode it is quite disappointing.

I think Mendy should be getting 15 carries and Parker 5-10.

Parkers gone after the year, and I'd love to see them Activate Redman from the PS. granted it was Preseason but he was destroying teams... not to mention his play against Carolina's 1st team defense was nothing short of stellar.

This is not the 3 yards and a cloud of dust team of the 70's, 90's, etc. This is a spread built team and should start acting like it.

Parker offers great change of pace but with his lack of vision, he shouldn't be starting over Mendy.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
              Yeah.

He's not going to gain yards on every play with our OL... but he has insanely better Vision and Hands than Parker. The fact their not letting him beastmode it is quite disappointing.

I think Mendy should be getting 15 carries and Parker 5-10.

Parkers gone after the year, and I'd love to see them Activate Redman from the PS. granted it was Preseason but he was destroying teams... not to mention his play against Carolina's 1st team defense was nothing short of stellar.

This is not the 3 yards and a cloud of dust team of the 70's, 90's, etc. This is a spread built team and should start acting like it.

Parker offers great change of pace but with his lack of vision, he shouldn't be starting over Mendy.

Dont you honestly think that if Mendy was showing something in practice after all this time he would be getting more carries? How else do you explain Wallace getting more snaps then Sweed?

You can't just say Mendy should get more carries because he was a 1st round pick, what has he done to deserve more carries? I've yet to see him do anything in a game, or pre-season game, that shows he needs to get more snaps.

I'm almost certain that if he was producing on the practice field they would be trying to find more chances for him to play...Seems like everyone just assumes he should get more snaps because he was a good prospect and was drafted high, but almost everytime he's gotten a chance to get snaps he's looked below average.

I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information