Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• week 2 ESPN power rankings

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2009&week=3

thoughts on this? Personally I am shocked the Ravens are #1, IDK if we deserve it just yet.

No one is playing better football than the Ravens right now. They can run, pass, and play defense (I know really?).

I'm just happy that the Niners are in the top half of the league for once.

Comment

Falcons O last year good insert a HOF TE this year scary.

Comment

I think the Jets should be a lot higher. They beat a pretty good Texans team and the Patriots.

Comment

Quite funny. Dallas loses to the #2 team in the PR by two points at home and falls from 13 to 16.

Green Bay loses to the #22 team in the PR by 3 at home and goes from 11 to 12. Hmmm.

Still, I love early season power rankings. Cause, in reality, no one has a freakin clue who is the best, so you have crazy rankings that make no sense and all it really does is reveal 1) the biases of the media men doing the rankings and 2) how clueless everyone really is.

Not until week 10 should any of these things ever be taken serious. And even then they are little more than a dainty confection.
          Originally posted by 21ST
          He was protecting his self
          Originally posted by tjsunstein
          From what? His leg?
          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            I think the Jets should be a lot higher. They beat a pretty good Texans team and the Patriots.
            Lets keep expectations tempered with the Jets, please. They're looking good right now, but I'm sure we can find plenty of faults still.

The hype has me a little uncomfortable, since before the last two games people didn't have them in the playoffs and there was talk of going 0-5 to start the season. I'd love to have a successful season, but let's see how they stand after the next 3 weeks playing some pretty solid teams before we pass judgement.

I'll put it this way, the Jets shouldn't be so far ahead of the 49ers yet IMO, who also looked good going 2-0 and lead their division to the surprise of most behind a head coach who seems like he's doing a fantastic job. The situations are maybe a little different, but not 8 in the power rankings vs. 16 in the power rankings different.

Comment

The 2-0 Broncos behind two or three 0-2 teams is funny.

Comment

to me the saints should at least be ahead of the vikings and the steelers. that might obviously be a homer bias but we beat the same team as the vikings did in a more convincing fashion and beat a legit contender pretty handily imo. saints have the highest margin of victory over the first two games combined by a pretty big margin (44 with the #2 at 28), this with a pretty mediocre special teams performance as well. I get why we are behind other teams that played two solid games and came in higher ranked but I dont get why we are behind a team with already a loss and a team that looked quite unconvincing in their wins against more mediocre opponents.

Way worse by the way is arizona dropping a spot after blowng a team out this week

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
                  I dont think even the most ardent Broncos fans would consider us better than the Titans or Dolphins just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                    Quite funny. Dallas loses to the #2 team in the PR by two points at home and falls from 13 to 16.

Green Bay loses to the #22 team in the PR by 3 at home and goes from 11 to 12. Hmmm.
                    continuing the trend: chicago loses to the #12, wins to #1. and goes from 15->14.

i'm also waiting for the patriots to keep falling.
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Yes, and the Chargers lose a nail biter to the supposed #1 and fall all the way from 6 to 11....lol. So f***ing stupid.
                      From what? His leg?

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

It's not about numbers and dropping. It is a Power Ranking. So the previous week doesn't affect the next week.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Oh, so its ONLY about week 2? Then why aren't the Eagles 30? Why is NY 2 when they could barely eek out a win against #15? Why are the Pack 12 when they got beat at home by #22?

No, its an all-inclusive ranking that takes into account expectations coming into the season as well as the performance of the team in the first two weeks.
                          From what? His leg?

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
                            I love how Bronco fans are high on their 2-0 team. You beat the worst team in the league in the Browns and it took a literal miracle for you to win your other game. Seriously...the hand of God came down and placed that ball into Stokely's hands.

So unless you plan on having Jesus Christ on your sideline the rest of the year or have the Browns on the schedule for the next 14 games...wait until you beat a real team before you make ANY statements about how good your team is.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                              I love how Bronco fans are high on their 2-0 team. You beat the worst team in the league in the Browns and it took a literal miracle for you to win your other game. Seriously...the hand of God came down and placed that ball into Stokely's hands.

So unless you plan on having Jesus Christ on your sideline the rest of the year or have the Browns on the schedule for the next 14 games...wait until you beat a real team before you make ANY statements about how good your team is.
                              Stupid post. Have you actually been reading any of the posts from the Broncos fans in here? We can hardly be considered "high" on them. I think pleasantly surprised is about the gist of it. Most of the Broncos fans in here (aside from Jimmy) thought the Broncos would be solid this year. Guess what, so far the Broncos have looked solid.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information