week 2 ESPN power rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
    I love how Bronco fans are high on their 2-0 team. You beat the worst team in the league in the Browns and it took a literal miracle for you to win your other game. Seriously...the hand of God came down and placed that ball into Stokely's hands.

So unless you plan on having Jesus Christ on your sideline the rest of the year or have the Browns on the schedule for the next 14 games...wait until you beat a real team before you make ANY statements about how good your team is.
    I could not agree with this post more.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
      I could not agree with this post more.
      Who is touting the Broncos as being great?

Comment

Imagine how much higher Oakland would be if JaMarcus could actually complete some passes before the 4th quarter

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          I think the Jets should be a lot higher. They beat a pretty good Texans team and the Patriots.
          Yeah definitely. Their D is really good and Mark Sanchez is looking real good.

Comment

Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
            I have seen Broncos fans putting them in the top 16 teams in the league, which is too high based on what we have seen from them

Comment

Stupid post. Have you actually been reading any of the posts from the Broncos fans in here? We can hardly be considered "high" on them. I think pleasantly surprised is about the gist of it. Most of the Broncos fans in here (aside from Jimmy) thought the Broncos would be solid this year. Guess what, so far the Broncos have looked solid.
              I haven't seen anyone saying they are great, but suggesting that they are even good, "solid", or should be higher on the rankings (as Job alludes to) at this point is too much.

Like I said in the original post, wait until they beat a real team before making that assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                I have seen Broncos fans putting them in the top 16 teams in the league, which is too high based on what we have seen from them
                I wouldnt put them in the top 16 just yet. However, based on their defensive play over 2 weeks you can make an argument they should be. The key here though is that most people believe the defense is bad and that these two games are completely due to the Browns and Bengals being incompetent. This may be right, or the defense make actually be pretty decent. Too hard to tell just yet - peoples opinions on a lot of things have ruled all discussion on the Broncos during the preseason, and after 2 games it is still at the opinion stage as there is just not enough hard facts to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                  Oh, so its ONLY about week 2? Then why aren't the Eagles 30? Why is NY 2 when they could barely eek out a win against #15? Why are the Pack 12 when they got beat at home by #22?

No, its an all-inclusive ranking that takes into account expectations coming into the season as well as the performance of the team in the first two weeks.
                  You misinterpreted what I said. It's about the overall performance, but they don't use Week 1's power rankings to dictate, "Oh, this team should move down 2 spots, this team up 2 spots." They start with a clean slate.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

The Chiefs ******* sucks
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post

So unless you plan on having Jesus Christ on your sideline the rest of the year or have the Browns on the schedule for the next 14 games...wait until you beat a real team before you make ANY statements about how good your team is.
                      We traded him to the Bears :(

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Skins should be 5 spots lower.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Bengals should be higher. We beat green bay yet we're 12 spots lower? I'm not saying we should even be higher than them, just not that far away. I personally feel we should be closer to where the dolphins are now at 19.

Comment

I just posted this in Shiver's thread. I think all the huge offense that we are not used to seeing from the Ravens has made people overlook that this isn't a typical Ravens defense. At least not right now it is.

Comment

I don't think number 5 is the appropriate spot for the Vikings. I think they should be 7 - 10 spots lower. Here is my reasoning:

1. The Vikings played two teams that are 0-2. They did pretty well against them, but nothing that hasn't ever happened before.

2. They couldn't stop the run in those two games. The Lions got above 100 yards rushing.

3. The Vikings didn't get moving until the second half. I don't know if it's just because the Lions were excited? Or if it was just the way they played. But something has to be done about the offense and defense showing up later in the game.

4. I can see that Favre is managing the game, which is what he came here to do, but he can't be successful if he is not being protected. If Favre gets hurt, who will manage the game? I guess that is usually expected when there are two new starters.

Number 5 is steep, I would say a lot lower.

sig by fenikz
                              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                              You are just a terrible person.
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              I have an iPhone.

Comment

I would hope the Bengals could be closer to middle of the pack right now, but it is espn so I put no stock into it. We should be 2-0 but the big man upstairs decided to shun us for our years of stupidity after finally having a good offseason. We played hard at GB and won. And how about the defense? huh? yeaaahhh. Once Carson gets his timing down, I think we could really start to make some teams sweat.

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information