week 2 ESPN power rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
    Yeah I mean.. IF those things happened, it wouldn't be hard to see the Niners being one of the better teams in the league...If those things happened
    I still think the 9ers will be good, I actually like Hill.

Comment

Hill is nowhere close to as good as Brad Johnson was. He was a Pro Bowler multiple times in his career and finished in the top 5 in passer rating a few times.

Shaun Hill is a borderline starter at best. Beating two teams (narrowly, even) from the worst division in football does not qualify as anything significant. This reminds me of a couple years back when SF won their first two games and everyone started talking about "watch out for the Niners!" and they proceeded to finish with 6 or 7 wins.
      Originally posted by 21ST
      He was protecting his self
      Originally posted by tjsunstein
      From what? His leg?
      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
        Hill is nowhere close to as good as Brad Johnson was. He was a Pro Bowler multiple times in his career and finished in the top 5 in passer rating a few times.

Shaun Hill is a borderline starter at best. Beating two teams (narrowly, even) from the worst division in football does not qualify as anything significant. This reminds me of a couple years back when SF won their first two games and everyone started talking about "watch out for the Niners!" and they proceeded to finish with 6 or 7 wins.
        That was before Mike Singletary. This 9er team is on a mission to make Crabtree look like a lackbrain.

Comment

No one thought anything about the 2007 Niners after those two games because they looked awful on offense and not nearly as good on defense as this year.

EDIT: And I think that if the 49ers had a dominant pass rusher ala Ware then the defense would easily be top 5 in the league and a good #1 WR, and a good right tackle we would have a much better offense than the Raven had. I stand by the statement that Hill is definitely not what is holding the 49ers back.
          Last edited by abaddon41_80; 09-23-2009, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Maybe not but Brad Johnson did all that after he turned 30. Shaun Hill is capable of doing the same but I am, as a 49er fan, skeptical. We're not worried about our QB play because we're gonna be a run first team so if Shaun Hill can manage our games and continue to convert on 3rd downs. We're winning ugly and that's expected in the first couple weeks. But come on.. you're gonna fault us for barely beating last year's SB loser and last season's most injury ridden team. The Seahawks are a totally different squad with Hassleback and Tatupu.

Weren't you crying about not being higher after barely getting beat by the Ravens but the previous week you barely beat the Raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
              that's the most inane load of crap i've read in a really long time.

further, trent dilfer won because he had literally one of the best defenses ever. the 49ers are not even remotely close, not even on the same planet, as that defense. even IF you happened to have an elite pass rusher.

and you accused broncos fans of being ridiculous homers for thinking we're top 16? please stop posting, really, my ribs hurt from laughing so much.
              Agreed Trent Dilfer is not a superbowl winning quarterback, Trent Dilfer is a quarterback who played on a superbowl winning team. There is a difference there.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information