Early Picks for Rookie of the Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    For continuing his college tradition and making tackles eight yards downfield?
    yeah because the other 10 guys aren't making the tackles eight yards downfield.

Comment

Mark Sanchez and Brian Cushing

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

DROY LB Jason Williams and OROY K David Buehler.

Cowboys rule and you all drool. Yeee-haw!

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          He's on pace for what, 16 TDs and 8 ints?

Obviously you can't just say he's gonna keep up the pace, but a TD a game is not hard to do.

Check this out.

12 TDs, 13 ints, 51% completion, 2200 yds, 66.7 Qb rating.

That was Vince Young's stat line when he won rookie of the year. The Titans had a good defense and running game and they won games. Sounds awfully familiar.
          Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
          what made young the ORotY was that he didnt start till like game 3 and he still had 550+ yards rushing and 7 Rushing TDs
          I think its selling Young really short to not include his running yards/TDs, since they were a crucial part of his style of play before he was asked to become something he isnt. That gives him 19TDs to 13 INTs and 2700 yards. And lets not forget, he flat out won games. How many games as a rookie did he make 4th quarter comebacks? 3? He beat the Texans in overtime in Houston on a spectacular run.

Dont sell him short. Yes, MJD was probably more deserving. But VY did a hell of a job as a rookie QB and he took the Titans to the playoffs.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Now that those 3-TE sets are going - OROY will be Richard Quinn.

And DROY goes to the best nickel corner in the NFL - Alphonso Smith.

Alright, alright, so maybe this is a tad far-fetched.

Comment

If the Jets finish with a pretty good record and Mark Sanchez isn't awful he will win weather he deserves it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                well their defense certainly didn't. lazy bastards.

boy, i didn't miss the "vince just wins" crap at all.

also, it's fairly disingenuous to demand that his rushing stats be included, then fail to include his 12 fumbles.
                You are right, I forgot to check the fumbles. How many were lost?

Yes, the defense contributed. Yes, Travis Henry did as well. But can you honestly tell me that VY didnt help them make the playoffs that year? And that while yes, he made a ******** of rookie mistakes, he didnt come through for them in clutch situations?
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                  I have plenty of doubts about Mark Sanchez winning the award. He's played well, but the defense and the running game are why the Jets are winning. He's thrown 2 TD and 1 INT through two games. Those numbers are solid for a rookie quarterback, but not rookie of the year type numbers. He's certainly a big contender, but let's not give him the award yet. Percy Harvin might have something to say about it before it's all said and done.
                  A 2/1 TD/INT ratio is pretty exceptional for any QB not just a rookie QB. If he can pull that off with the Jets having a solid record, I don't think there will be any challenge to him winning ROY unless stafford catches on fire and throws 30 TD's. I mean matt ryan won last year with 16 TD and 11Ints.

Comment

On defense I'm going for Brian Cushing. Yeah it sounds like a homer pick, but considering he missed all pre-season he's been impressive and should only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                      he got back 4, but if an INT is an INT whether the defender fumbles it on the return or not...

*shrug* about as much as kerry collins helped them last year. which is to say, he didn't screw it up.
                      Fair enough. If thats the way you choose to look at it. I feel like he catches alot of flak, but I still feel like he can play and has shown that.

Comment

Mark Sanchez is winning even if he misses the rest of the year with injury.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I haven't really watched any other rookies so I won't be making a legit pick but I will say that Rey Maualuga has been very impressive even though he is playing out of position. He is that imposing physical presence that this defense has been lacking for a long time. It's really starting to rub off on everyone else too.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post

Dont sell him short. Yes, MJD was probably more deserving. But VY did a hell of a job as a rookie QB and he took the Titans to the playoffs.
                            iirc shouldn't it have been joseph addai?

Comment

with leroy hill out till week 6 i believe, the coaches are going to ask curry to blitz more, so of course my pick will be aaron curry but i would have to say watch out for orakpo, i mean it was the rams but he looks awfully good with haynesworth on that line

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
                              Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information