No announcement yet.

tjsunstein's Week 2 Power Rankings.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to keep the homer contained, but it doesn't make sense to me that everyone is so high on the Ravens and so down on the Chargers when the game came down to the final drive, basically the final play, without a guy named Ladainian Tomlinson playing.

Comment

I'm fine with where the Saints are ranked. I'm happy as long as we're in the top 10. This coming stretch is really going to prove where we stand with games at Buffalo and home stands against the Jets and Giants.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

Lions >> Rams

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
          Trying to keep the homer contained, but it doesn't make sense to me that everyone is so high on the Ravens and so down on the Chargers when the game came down to the final drive, basically the final play, without a guy named Ladainian Tomlinson playing.
          I agree, the Chargers are a good team. And the Ravens still have a lot of improving to do. This isn't the Ravens defense of old

Comment

Your boys are all about playing it down to the wire. How many seconds were left in the game when Sproles scored that TD to go ahead vs Oakland? 20? That does present some challenges in terms of assigning a power ranking.

I agree about the Ravens - their improvement on offense has gotten plenty of attention, which to some extent masks the fact that their defense looks suspect against the pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Diehard View Post
              Your boys are all about playing it down to the wire. How many seconds were left in the game when Sproles scored that TD to go ahead vs Oakland? 20? That does present some challenges in terms of assigning a power ranking.

It's been two weeks...are the Packers and Titans all about going 0-16? It's too early for sweeping statements IMO.

Comment

It's been two weeks...are the Packers and Titans all about going 0-16? It's too early for sweeping statements IMO.
                Hey, hey, hey. We beat the Bears! ;) 1-1 buddy.

Comment

Who's making sweeping statements? You had 2 very close games against teams which are, at the moment, perceived to be of quite different quality.

If the Raiders had made the stop against Sproles and Lewis instead wiffed on the tackle, would it significantly change your assessment of the team? IMO, it shouldn't, yet I suspect it would have a very detectable effect on the power rankings out there.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                    Hey, hey, hey. We beat the Bears! ;) 1-1 buddy.
                    You're right :D bad example, but it was an exaggeration anyway.

Taking something that occurred in week 1 and 2 and extrapolating it over a 16 game season=sweeping. 2 points=line, not pattern. It might bear out, but who knows? Chargers could get blown out in the next 14 games.

Comment

You're right :D bad example, but it was an exaggeration anyway.

Taking something that occurred in week 1 and 2 and extrapolating it over a 16 game season=sweeping. 2 points=line, not pattern. It might bear out, but who knows? Chargers could get blown out in the next 14 games.
                      We can hope.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                        We can hope.
                        No joke. I'm kind of coming around to the idea that this weak ass division is keeping Norv Turner around and it's not fun. SB or bust.

Comment

The lack of respect for the Broncos is sickening. They are not a top team, but no way in hell are they are bottom 5 team.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                          Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                          i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                          Originally posted by Job
                          NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                            The lack of respect for the Broncos is sickening. They are not a top team, but no way in hell are they are bottom 5 team.
                            we do not care about your opinion.
                            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                              we do not care about your opinion.
                              ouch........

Comment

I don't think Denver is bottom 5, but I don't think we're top 20 either. Maybe fringe. I don't think we'll beat a good team this year. If we had an even half competent QB, we could talk about maybe 9 or 10 wins, but Kyle Orton is holding this team back.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information