Cowboys Offer Refund, WorldÔÇÖs Worst Excuse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
    Do you really think the Cowboys would have contacted Ticketmaster about a refund situation if it was a couple of fans? Seems unlikely to me. Just as you can say you don't know if it's a few fans you can't say it's not a majority of them either.
    Bingo. The Cowboys organization has already made it clear that roughly 20,000 fans did not receive the experience they purchased.
    Last edited by FlyingElvis; 09-25-2009, 01:50 PM.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
      Bingo. The Cowboys organization has already made it clear that roughly 20,000 fans did not receive the experience they purchased.
      Nothing can break through the homerism barrier, not even these futile words!
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I like how they offered the money back OR comp party passes to another game. So basically, you can get your money back, or you can come back for another crappy experience and once again pay for parking and food and drinks.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
          I like how they offered the money back OR comp party passes to another game. So basically, you can get your money back, or you can come back for another crappy experience and once again pay for parking and food and drinks.
          But they won't be trying to set an attendance record anymore, so they will only be giving out 10K of those tickets, so hopefully, they won't run in to this type of situation again...
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
            But they won't be trying to set an attendance record anymore, so they will only be giving out 10K of those tickets, so hopefully, they won't run in to this type of situation again...
            either way they made moniessss, you loose only $580,000...maybe another 10,000 standing room tickets for they next game. Compared to the amount you made from the cheapest parking $40, and the gourmet food your paying for.

Comment

Alright... no bathrooms is pretty pathetic and I too would be pissed if I didn't get to do something as promised. But during the game they showed a boatload of people all over the concourses and railings watching the game. So what passes did they have? I can't buy one man's experience and chalk it up as the same thing everyone had. Sorry. I'm not that gullable.

Maybe this guy was a moron and was trying to go through the wrong entrance. I dunno. Sounds pathetic. I'm glad the Cowboys are offering refunds. It's all about class. ;)

Comment

**** the money they spent.
                They basically lost a whole sunday

Comment

The homers defending this defy logic.

2 things...

1. Who the F cares about the attendence record...its such a useless record. If the 49ers wanted to attencencde record or got the attendecnce record, I seriously wouldn't even think about it once or be happy about it in anyway. Its stupid and meaningless.

2. Its usually a pretty difficult bathroom situation at any normal stadium, so if they singled it out as a problem it must have been horrible. So a man taking his family of 4 to have a great night out had to struggle to get his kids into a bathroom, couldn't get them into the stadium (I'm sure his kids would have been crushed) and basically had a horrible time while dropping probably near $400 on food, parking and the tickets. Thats alot of money for the average family to be raped by Jerry Jones so he can have his useless record.

This is what Jerry thinks of the fans that are so loyal they will defend him even now...

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                    OT - the model at the bottom of the linked page is disgusting. Why the **** does the modeling world think emaciated is attractive?
                    Allow me to hazard a guess: b/c the modeling world that's p/o the fashion world is run of, by, & for *** men. They treat the runway models like cattle. Yet another reason to hate America's Top Model & all the other *** programs on Bravo.

I think the displeasure of the vast majority of Dallas fans with the play of their team on the field Monday Night is > the that of a few who werent happy with the seating & accommodations.

It's still a better venue than Texas Stadium where the actual facility was eroded due to the elements penetrating through the hole in the roof, like the pad under the turf rotting & mildew/fungus stinking b/c it never completely drained after a rainstorm. Even with the too low scoreboard it's less problematic with less design problems than their previous stadium. Texas Stadium was one of those good ideas on ppr. but just didnt work in the real world.
                    Last edited by LizardState; 09-25-2009, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                      The homers defending this defy logic.

2 things...

1. Who the F cares about the attendence record...its such a useless record. If the 49ers wanted to attencencde record or got the attendecnce record, I seriously wouldn't even think about it once or be happy about it in anyway. Its stupid and meaningless.

2. Its usually a pretty difficult bathroom situation at any normal stadium, so if they singled it out as a problem it must have been horrible. So a man taking his family of 4 to have a great night out had to struggle to get his kids into a bathroom, couldn't get them into the stadium (I'm sure his kids would have been crushed) and basically had a horrible time while dropping probably near $400 on food, parking and the tickets. Thats alot of money for the average family to be raped by Jerry Jones so he can have his useless record.

This is what Jerry thinks of the fans that are so loyal they will defend him even now...
                      1. Who cares about attendance??? Hello? You sir, are NOT a business man.

2. The guy had a bad time and got him money back. What more do you want? Your overexaggeration about the food and parking is quite comical. You really believe he spent $400 on food and parking while buying $29 tickets? Talk about defying logic....

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Alright... no bathrooms is pretty pathetic and I too would be pissed if I didn't get to do something as promised. But during the game they showed a boatload of people all over the concourses and railings watching the game. So what passes did they have? I can't buy one man's experience and chalk it up as the same thing everyone had. Sorry. I'm not that gullable.

Maybe this guy was a moron and was trying to go through the wrong entrance. I dunno. Sounds pathetic. I'm glad the Cowboys are offering refunds. It's all about class. ;)
                        10,000 people is still a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          1. Who cares about attendance??? Hello? You sir, are NOT a business man.

2. The guy had a bad time and got him money back. What more do you want? Your overexaggeration about the food and parking is quite comical. You really believe he spent $400 on food and parking while buying $29 tickets? Talk about defying logic....
                          1. Correct, I'm a scientist. I'm about as far away from a business man as possible.

2. 29.95 per tick plus tax and I'm sure a "handling charge" x 4 = $140. Parking has to be around $20 thats typical for these new stadiums. Food would be about $20 per person usually at these stadiums...thats another $80. So we are at $240 from food, parking and tickets. Any type of souvineirs will take you over $300 easy, so yeah maybe I exagerrated a bit, but not by much. Still alot of money for a family to waste a Sunday being aggrevated.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                            No one questions his ability to make money. All these billionares got where they are in life, because of their ability to make money and invest properly. The issue is business ethics. As a former business student, that's something they teach from day 1 in business school. Is it worth setting an attendence record at the cost of shafting your own customers? Does that seem ethical to you? For a guy whose ego is the size of the new stadium, where does it stop? What is the next big event where they will screw you guys just to make himself look good? These are the things that make the other NFL fans hate the cowboys and Jerry himself.

On the one hand you got Jerry screwing you, and on the other isn't Synderbrenner taking some of the redskins fans to court?
                            Well said.

Comment

1. Correct, I'm a scientist. I'm about as far away from a business man as possible.

2. 29.95 per tick plus tax and I'm sure a "handling charge" x 4 = $140. Parking has to be around $20 thats typical for these new stadiums. Food would be about $20 per person usually at these stadiums...thats another $80. So we are at $240 from food, parking and tickets. Any type of souvineirs will take you over $300 easy, so yeah maybe I exagerrated a bit, but not by much. Still alot of money for a family to waste a Sunday being aggrevated.
                              How did they get stadium food?

Comment

. . . . Parking has to be around $20 thats typical for these new stadiums.
                                HA! Dream on, try $40-60 for parking. NE's "new" stadium costs $50 and that's considered the norm. A quick search yielded results claiming $60 for Jerry's new digs. I can't say that is a reliable claim but it sounds right to me.

Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                                How did they get stadium food?
                                LoL-erzzzz

The real question is: How long before some jackass attaches the word "gate" to this mess? Will it be JerryGate? PalaceGate?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information