Cowboys Offer Refund, WorldŌĒÖs Worst Excuse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys Offer Refund, WorldŌĒÖs Worst Excuse

Interesting article. I noticed a lot of people outside of the stadium during the game. Apparently they were counted as attendence as well.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-sta...-61117242.html

party passes
    Cowboys Offer Refund, World’s Worst Excuse

Print Email Share Buzz up! TWITTER FACEBOOK
    Cowboys Offer Refund, World’s Worst Excuse
    Getty Images

Meet Mike. Mike bought a Party Pass to Sunday Night’s game. And, like many other fans who did likewise that evening, Mike was less than thrilled with the experience. So Mike wrote to the Cowboys to complain, firmly but politely. And lo and behold, the team wrote him back and offered him an apology and a full refund.

Hi Michael,

I sincerely apologize for the problematic experience you and your family endured on Sunday. In order to help make the situation right, we can offer you a refund or comp party passes to another game this season.

If you would like a refund, Ticketmaster will issue the refund for your party pass purchase. Please contact them at 1-800-653-8000. We have communicated with Ticketmaster, and they are aware of the refund process for this event.

A classy, compassionate response from the Cowboys. They said they were sorry, and offered Mike his money back. Surely, that took the sting out of what Mike and his family went through on Sunday Night, with the lack of bathroom access and inability to actually walk inside the stadium and what not.

If only the letter had ended there, I think we could all agree that this little Party Pass fiasco was ready to be a memory. But the letter goes on, and this is where it gets a little odd. Mike bolded the sentence he found most curious:

If it helps at all, the only reason so many party passes were sold for Sunday's game was to break the attendance record. I can assure you that only 1/3 of that amount of party passes will be sold for each game going forward...10,000 max instead of 30,000. That was a one-time deal for the grand opening of the stadium.

Sincerely, Dallas Cowboys Football Club

“If it’s any consolation, we were just using you!” I think it’s great the Cowboys made amends to Mike so quickly, and gave him easy instructions for how to get his money back. But that bolded sentence above told Mike three things.

1) The Cowboys KNEW they were selling too many Party Passes for that evening, and that problems were going to occur. 2) The Cowboys decided to oversell them anyway, for the sole purpose of breaking a record only Jerry Jones could possibly give a crap about. 3) They happily admit it, and assume you’ll accept this as a solid reason for hosing you.

Again, Mike got his money back. So no harm, no foul. Still, it leaves a bad taste to know the Cowboys were all too willing to allow 20,000 more fans into the joint than is really comfortable, just to help boost the Double J’s already healthy ego. If you bought a Party Pass and weren’t happy with your night, by all means write the team here and get your refund. And tell them that purposefully screwing 20,000 people is only acceptable if you’re Gene Simmons.

So really only 90,000 fans?

ha
    ha
    ha

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

lolz. Dallas ripping people off. Everything is bigger in texas.

sig by fenikz
      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
      You are just a terrible person.
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      I have an iPhone.

Comment

Wow, what a douche bag move. This really annoys me the more I think about it, teams should do everything they can for their fans.

Comment

'Jerruh' is full of himself. I'm not surprised.

Comment

The Double J gets what he wants!

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

People can question Jerry's football moves, but his business moves are unquestionable. The guy knows how to make money... and plenty of it.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                People can question Jerry's football moves, but his business moves are unquestionable. The guy knows how to make money... and plenty of it.
                No one questions his ability to make money. All these billionares got where they are in life, because of their ability to make money and invest properly. The issue is business ethics. As a former business student, that's something they teach from day 1 in business school. Is it worth setting an attendence record at the cost of shafting your own customers? Does that seem ethical to you? For a guy whose ego is the size of the new stadium, where does it stop? What is the next big event where they will screw you guys just to make himself look good? These are the things that make the other NFL fans hate the cowboys and Jerry himself.

On the one hand you got Jerry screwing you, and on the other isn't Synderbrenner taking some of the redskins fans to court?

Comment

Say if I write a letter...will I get a refund even though I did not buy or go to the game?

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    no. and because i need ten characters, reading the OP is typically helpful in answering questions like this.
                    it mentions nothing about these 10 characters.

Comment

WTF? What dumbass made the decision to actually write down it was solely to set an attendance record? Somebody in the media department will be getting the ax.

OT - the model at the bottom of the linked page is disgusting. Why the **** does the modeling world think emaciated is attractive?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                        OT - the model at the bottom of the linked page is disgusting. Why the **** does the modeling world think emaciated is attractive?
                        She's hawt. Needs a boob-job though.
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          How deep does your homerism run, when in a thread describing your team treating your fellow fans like absolute trash, you pipe up to sing the praises of the guy who would have hosed you as quickly as the other fans he just did.

I agree Jerry Jones is a good business man, thats obvious...he's a billionaire. But jeebus, this is not the place for that. This thread should be nothing but disgust for this move....because it is disgusting.

Comment

they may get their tickets back but they dont get their $80 parking back or their ******* time wasted, or the stress they had to deal with in order to get there. what a ******* shame.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Yes....but why do you think all those party passes were sold in the first place? So people could say, "Son, let me tell you about the first game in Cowboys stadium." Someone mentioned that only Jerry would care about that record. Well, who the hell cares if you were at the first game in the stadiums history besides you?

It was obviously a PR gaffe on the part of whoever was dumb enough to write that last part of the letter, but I don't feel the least bit sorry for any of those people. I don't see what the big deal is.
                              Originally posted by 21ST
                              He was protecting his self
                              Originally posted by tjsunstein
                              From what? His leg?
                              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information