Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Player 1 is the better and more productive player than...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charles Woodson in his prime and right now and also Darrell Revis > Nnamdi Asomugha

and this one is a bit bold but I'll stand by it

Adrian Peterson > Barry Sanders

I grew up watching Barry and he was amazing, but AP is the most incredible physical specimen that I've ever seen. If you were to genetically engineer a perfect running back it would be him.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      Julius Peppers: twice as many pro-bowls, twice as many All-Pro selections, has been brilliant year in and year out, probably will notch 100 sacks in his career.

Umenyiora is a fine player, and at times he has played the best at his position. For the long haul it isn't even close. As it stands now I think Justin Tuck is more integral to that defense and Tuck was the player who won that Super Bowl.
      fair enough, just wanted to hear your reasoning. that's your opinion but as probably the majority of Giants fans will agree, Osi was a bigger part than Tuck of that game, but the scary 3 pronged attack with Strahan was a group effort.
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Frank Gore is a better and more productive player than Steven Jackson.

The two have long been compared due to being in the same division and on bad teams.

Frank Gore is a more consistent, tougher complete back. He plays through injuries and his dedication is second to none and his numbers prove it (all done with no passing game to speak of on his team ever).

I'll take Gore over Jackson thank you.

Comment

The Buffalo Bills are a better and more productive team than the Hamilton Tiger Cats.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
            The Buffalo Bills are a better and more productive team than the Hamilton Tiger Cats.
            I'd say push

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Andre Johnson isn't better than Larry Fitzgerald.

For my money, Calvin Johnson>Andre Johnson.

Actually, I think all things equal, Calvin would outperform any other WR.

So Tron>all.
              Originally posted by SNIPER26
              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Aaron Brown is a better and more productive RB than Reggie Bush!

Comment

Nevermind, Lance Moore>Calvin Johnson Jr.
                  Originally posted by SNIPER26
                  fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Tony Gonzalez is better and more productive than any other TE in history.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    we all hate you

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      Johnson over Fitzgerald is a good one, Ware over Merriman is a foregone conclusion now although it used to be a classic debate before last year.
                      Hardly. Merriman is still showing some rust from missing last year, but it's hardly a foregone conclusion. Even despite a sluggish start, he still makes plays like that Flacco interception where he perfectly timed his rush with the snap.

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                        I grew up watching Barry and he was amazing, but AP is the most incredible physical specimen that I've ever seen. If you were to genetically engineer a perfect running back it would be him.

If I genetically engineered a running back I would make a man 12 feet tall and 330 lbs, with 4 arms and spikes on his back.

Just kidding, but seriously, I agree - I know it's cliche but AP really is as close as we've seen to the perfect "Size and speed" combination that we have seen to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                          If I genetically engineered a running back I would make a man 12 feet tall and 330 lbs, with 4 arms and spikes on his back.

Just kidding, but seriously, I agree - I know it's cliche but AP really is as close as we've seen to the perfect "Size and speed" combination that we have seen to date.
                          Bo Jackson says hi.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Bo Jackson would have been good had he played Football. He was a good baseball player though go Royals!

Comment

If only he didn't get hurt. What a career that would have been.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                              Originally posted by fenikz
                              we all hate you

Comment

Bo Jackson basically is the same size / speed combo as Adrian Peterson right?

NFL.com has them both listed at 6-1 and roughly 220 lbs (Peterson @ 217 & Jackson @ 227). I'm comparing AP more to other great backs of different sizes and speeds, such as:

LaDanian Tomlinson: 5-11, 221

Emmitt Smith: 5-9, 216

Ricky Watters: 6-1, 211

Walter Payton: 5-10, 200

Barry Sanders: 5-8, 200

Jim Brown: 6-2, 232

Marshall Faulk: 5-10, 211

Terrel Davis: 5-11, 206

Thurman Thomas: 5-10, 200

Eric Dickerson: 6-3, 220

Jerome Bettis: 5-11, 252

Tony Dorsett: 5-11, 192

The only guys that even come remotely close to height and weight of AP (or Bo Jackson) are Eric Dickerson and LT.

And yes, I'm aware that there is a lot more to the "size and speed" part of being a halfback than his height and weight, I just don't have a scale for muscle mass or total body fat or all of their 10-20-40 yard dash times.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information