Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Job security of NFL head coaches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Forenci View Post
    True but they overhauled the front office which I think was the major reason Cameron got fired. If that hadn't happened it's possible he might have got another year, especially for a first year coach.
    That's a good point as well. Which brings up another question, was Mangini brought in by the owner or the front office?

    Comment


    • #32
      First of all, I am suprised Zorn lasted the night in Washington....

      Secondly, with my team, Spags is safe for at least this season, the next season, and prolly even the season after that. Give him at least three years in St. Louis. Trust me, with all due respect to my team, most everyone would be winless and struggling with this team we have. We have a foundation, solid running back, a bit better defense (yeah, 36 points looks bad, but it coulda and shoulda been much worse thanks to my next point). We are paying a dude with a fear of being hit with happy feet, and is so ******* fragile $65 million in Marc Bulger. Listen, I know I haven't been the nicest to Bulger over the years ($65 million piece of ****), but fans were cheering for Kyle Boller to take the field. KYLE ******* BOLLER. I hate Steve Young as an analyst because every other sentence he says if you don't have a good quarterback in this league, you will not win, or something to that affect, but he is right. I think I am done.......but anyway back to the Crux of the matter, Spags is safe in my book for the next 2 13/16 seasons, no firespags.org from this guy.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
        I tend to agree, everyone was of the opinion Morris had a 2-3 year turnaround task in front of him, especially with a rookie QB yet to take the field.
        He looks functionally incompetent while coaching though.

        I could probably name 6-7 more people at the end of the year that TB would rather have coaching for them then Raheem Morris.
        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

        United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by yodachu View Post
          First of all, I am suprised Zorn lasted the night in Washington....

          Secondly, with my team, Spags is safe for at least this season, the next season, and prolly even the season after that. Give him at least three years in St. Louis. Trust me, with all due respect to my team, most everyone would be winless and struggling with this team we have. We have a foundation, solid running back, a bit better defense (yeah, 36 points looks bad, but it coulda and shoulda been much worse thanks to my next point). We are paying a dude with a fear of being hit with happy feet, and is so ******* fragile $65 million in Marc Bulger. Listen, I know I haven't been the nicest to Bulger over the years ($65 million piece of ****), but fans were cheering for Kyle Boller to take the field. KYLE ******* BOLLER. I hate Steve Young as an analyst because every other sentence he says if you don't have a good quarterback in this league, you will not win, or something to that affect, but he is right. I think I am done.......but anyway back to the Crux of the matter, Spags is safe in my book for the next 2 13/16 seasons, no firespags.org from this guy.



          Zorn is doing way too much too soon! He is the HC, OC, and QB coach, lol. As someone who coached before it's a very, very hard thing to do all 3 job duties. The guy never was an OC or HC, so to do that for the first time AND coach a position as well is damn near impossible. Factor in the spotlight of Washington and their fan base, why on earth would you take so much responsibility like that?

          I am actually curious to see who he actually breaks all his hours down coaching. If I am the GM, I tell him to just be the HC, and hire a new QB coach AND OC to call his system for now, until the offseason. Do that or get fired.

          Comment


          • #35
            I understand the Buccaneers overhauled some of their roster and Raheem Morris wasn't expected to be great this year, but the Bucs went 9-7 last year and were a decent team. They really don't have much of an excuse for being arguably the worst team in the league so far (aside from maybe the Browns and Rams.) I can't think of a positive thing Morris has done as coach.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
              That's a good point as well. Which brings up another question, was Mangini brought in by the owner or the front office?
              The owner. The Browns don't have a front office.


              <@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
              <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
              <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
              <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

              Comment


              • #37
                Dick Jauron is getting fired no matter what after this season

                Comment


                • #38
                  ^ Jauron is pretty awful

                  Mangini's got to go
                  Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

                  Sig by, Hitman D

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Jim Zorn is gone, it's just a matter of if it will be during the season, which is highly unlikely. I don't hate the guy but we've known from the start that he was never qualified to be a coach. Hell Tiki Barber is just as qualified at being a coach. Zorn just has no clue what he's doing. His play calling is horrid, he refuses to scrutinize any player, and he just accepts failure. It was so embarrassing last week how our special teams coach Danny Smith basically had to tackle Zorn to stop him from taking a timeout way too early. Joe Gibbs didn't get mad at his players either but that's because he had their respect earned and he constantly gave them advice to improve. Zorn has simply isolated himself from the team. He won't say anything to the media nor to his players.

                    Sig By:The Dynasty

                    2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Oh yes. Jim Zorn too.

                      Is Brian Orakpo your guys Strong side LB? Last time I booted up madden he was. I'd rather him as a pass rush de if so.
                      Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

                      Sig by, Hitman D

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by katnip View Post
                        Oh yes. Jim Zorn too.

                        Is Brian Orakpo your guys Strong side LB? Last time I booted up madden he was.
                        Yes he is and he actually looks very smooth. He's only been beat in coverage once this year which was a 3rd down yesterday. He's coming along. Looked better in the preseason but did get a sack yesterday. After trimming some weight he's a legit LB now with the ability to put down his hand on third downs.

                        Sig By:The Dynasty

                        2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                          Yes he is and he actually looks very smooth. He's only been beat in coverage once this year which was a 3rd down yesterday. He's coming along. Looked better in the preseason but did get a sack yesterday. After trimming some weight he's a legit LB now with the ability to put down his hand on third downs.
                          Okay. Haven't payed attention to the Redskins ever since Sean Taylor (RIP) died.
                          Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

                          Sig by, Hitman D

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                            Still, he had two years that were absolute wastes, 2004 when all his veterans became injured and then the cap purging of 2005. Jeff Fisher has faced this intensity though before, in 2001 when he started 1-4 and wound up 11-5 and in the AFC title game. The only way he isn't the Titans head coach is when he says I resign or retires. Its either one or the other, people either say he is overrated (I haven't heard that one) or underrated (lots of talking heads love his coaching style).
                            Titans were in the AFCC in 2002 (lost to Raiders). Steelers lost to Patriots in 2001.

                            Oldie but a goodie.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                              Jim Zorn is gone, it's just a matter of if it will be during the season, which is highly unlikely. I don't hate the guy but we've known from the start that he was never qualified to be a coach. Hell Tiki Barber is just as qualified at being a coach. Zorn just has no clue what he's doing. His play calling is horrid, he refuses to scrutinize any player, and he just accepts failure. It was so embarrassing last week how our special teams coach Danny Smith basically had to tackle Zorn to stop him from taking a timeout way too early. Joe Gibbs didn't get mad at his players either but that's because he had their respect earned and he constantly gave them advice to improve. Zorn has simply isolated himself from the team. He won't say anything to the media nor to his players.
                              Wasn't Jim Zorn supposed to be just the offensive coordinator when he was first hired? How did he get all the way to head coach? I know there were some snafus during the hiring process after Gibbs retired, but I forgot what they were.
                              Last edited by MidwayMonster31; 09-30-2009, 01:23 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information