• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TACKLE
    started a topic Bucs name Josh Johnson as Starting QB

Bucs name Josh Johnson as Starting QB

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4511636

I know I could of put this in the team boards but I know Josh Johnson is a guy a lot of people on this board where intrigued by coming out and were cheering for. Leftwich has been moved to #3 and Freeman will back up Johnson.

He's in a bad situation but how do you think he'll do as an NFL Starter?

• M.O.T.H.
    replied
    Taking Bryant was a mistake in fantasy this year. bleh.

It's nice to see Johnson getting some time in there. He wasnt too hot but, I'm hopeful.

Leave a comment:

• Staubach12
    replied
    Originally posted by DJC View Post
    I guess yall would rather your coach straight up lie and say that his 1st round pick from this past year isn't going to be their franchise QB?
    We've seen time after time that simply handing a boom-or-bust type project a franchise is stupid. QBs need to compete and develop naturally, and it's not a good idea to just declare a late first round project your future.

Leave a comment:

• JeffSamardzijaIRISH
    replied
    Yeah Josh Johnson went to San Diego, d-1AA I think.

Leave a comment:

• Go_Eagles77
    replied
    Originally posted by Addict View Post
    excellent. I really liked him coming out. Isn't he from the same college as Kevin O'Connell from the Patriots? San Jose State or something like that? (I'm too lazy and too tired to wiki)
    I think Josh Johnson went to San Diego and Kevin O'Connell went to San Diego State.

Leave a comment:

• Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
    Didn't look great, not too bad either. He looked like a kid who was making his first NFL start. A bit raw, a little scared to throw downfield, but made some decent plays and looks to have some potential.
    excellent. I really liked him coming out. Isn't he from the same college as Kevin O'Connell from the Patriots? San Jose State or something like that? (I'm too lazy and too tired to wiki)

Leave a comment:

• JeffSamardzijaIRISH
    replied
    Originally posted by Addict View Post
    I liked Josh Johnson coming out, how did he look, in spite of losing his first start?
    Didn't look great, not too bad either. He looked like a kid who was making his first NFL start. A bit raw, a little scared to throw downfield, but made some decent plays and looks to have some potential.

Leave a comment:

• Addict
    replied
    I liked Josh Johnson coming out, how did he look, in spite of losing his first start?

Leave a comment:

• SchizophrenicBatman
    replied
    Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
    Yea, only if Josh Johnson was as good as Drew Brees. Good luck with that.
    I'd put money down that Josh Freeman wont be the next Philip Rivers either, so the comparison could still work out from a talent drop perspective

Leave a comment:

• CC.SD
    replied
    Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
    Well. Considering Morris learned everything he knew playing madden.

HEY GUISE. LETS START LEFTWICH ITS 8 POINTS BETTER THAN JJ. SUPER EFFECTIVE.

and fwiw. Derrick Brooks isn't bad. normally you cut awful people to make room for... better talent. besides ruud. what else really is there that's so much better than brooks?
    The contract was the big excuse for Derrick Brooks, but it's now apparent they could have brought him back for nothing and chose not to. Sometimes guys are just done but I saw 55 making some plays last year.

Leave a comment:

• awfullyquiet
    replied
    Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
    It's kind of a stretch to call Raheem Morris a head coach, all things considered.
    Well. Considering Morris learned everything he knew playing madden.

HEY GUISE. LETS START LEFTWICH ITS 8 POINTS BETTER THAN JJ. SUPER EFFECTIVE.

and fwiw. Derrick Brooks isn't bad. normally you cut awful people to make room for... better talent. besides ruud. what else really is there that's so much better than brooks?

Leave a comment:

• BBIB
    replied
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
    So Johnson must be the filler until the Bucs feel like throwing Freeman into the fire, right? Freeman wasn't super polished coming out of Kansas State, but Johnson was super raw coming out of San Diego and as previously mentioned, he hasn't exactly earned much praise from his coaches.
    Complete opposite is true. Johnson has played so well it's forced them to keep him on the final roster. And it's finally forced their hand into giving the kid a shot as a starter.

He was never their guy. He was the guy of the old regime. But they couldn't overlook what he did with the minimal reps he did have in practice.

How will he perform against actual NFL starters when the best defense he's faced has been in garbage time? I have no idea.

But if there is any QB on that team that gives them a chance to compete it's Johnson. His mobility alone will help out that team. And Im not so sure he's not already a much better passer than Leftwich

Leave a comment:

• Raiderz4Life
    replied
    Is the heyward bey experiment over already?
    that **** was over the minute the Raiders took him over Maclin...hell Britt and Nicks would have been more justifiable

Leave a comment:

• locseti
    replied
    louis murphy>>>>>>>beyward hey

Leave a comment:

• CC.SD
    replied
    Originally posted by locseti View Post
    he's terrible, trade him to oakland for jamarcus+heyward bey.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information