Week 3 Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
    He went into funk mode after they didn't hand him the starting spot. In retrospect they probably should have just given it to him, after all he was the 4th overall pick and worth a ton of cash. Make him carry the load and earn that money, forget manning up etc.
    The O-Line also didn't like his attitude. And that O-Line was filled with 'tuded players. Pretty much it was mutiny against Benson.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Isn't it time to recognize how great Vernon Davis has been for the 49ers? He has rooted out his immaturity, he is now a team captain and is having a great season as a pass catcher and blocker. He has finally lived up to his talent.

Where is Mercedes Lewis again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        Isn't it time to recognize how great Vernon Davis has been for the 49ers? He has rooted out his immaturity, he is now a team captain and is having a great season as a pass catcher and blocker. He has finally lived up to his talent.

Where is Mercedes Lewis again?
        1 game makes a great season?

Let's see him do it all season. I think we get that benefit of the doubt as naysayers considering he hasn't done dogshit for the past 3 years of his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
          Well there was a guy named Thomas Jones in front of him who was pretty damn good that year. And again, Benson was horrible in pass protection when he got to Chicago. He also couldn't catch a cold out of the backfield. That's why he didn't play.
          Yah I definitely understand, and I payed attention to that situation for a while, starting from that ridiculous holdout. I guess I just don't think Thomas Jones and some O-line players attitude was worth the busting of a 4th overall pick. Obviously it was just an unfortunate situation all around, you can't blame the Bears.

Comment

• Benson was also involved in two off the field incidents within a few weeks of each other. These incidents + coming off a terrible season in which he was a major disappointment for us = why he was released.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              Benson was also involved in two off the field incidents within a few weeks of each other. These incidents + coming off a terrible season in which he was a major disappointment for us = why he was released.
              Dude was on a boat.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                1 game makes a great season?

Let's see him do it all season. I think we get that benefit of the doubt as naysayers considering he hasn't done dogshit for the past 3 years of his career.
                Agreed.

Granted, Davis looked better catching the ball against the Vikings than I've ever seen him look. His receiving game has bordered on warranting the title of "painfully awkward" in past years and he obviously looks much better than that this year. I don't really expect him to perform like that all year, but it does look like he's taken a major step forward. Whether he can display that consistently and, if he does, if statistical production is a sure bet on that offense is much less assured. But it's nice to see him getting better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                  Dude was on a boat.
                  Let's do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information