Week 3 Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
    What part of "on par with" and "not better than" did you interpret "better"?

Geo's write up made it sound as if, all of a sudden Beason was playing terribly, which is false, or that last year Beason wasn't deserving of all pro status last year, which is false.
    Over Willis?

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
      Over Willis?
      Seriously, http://www.thefreedictionary.com/par

Comment

Why would you take Beason over Willis ?I hope you know im kidding

Comment

Because there's no reason not to. He's just as good as Willis in coverage, he's just as sure a tackler and he reads the game well enough to be just as quick recognising and reacting to the offense as plays unfold.

There are no flaws in his game, he pursues, he covers, he wraps up, he reads, he has passion, there's no reason for anyone to take Willis over him on the flip side either.

Hence my point. The two are on par, last year given his development as a rookie and the situation the defense were often in due to the excellent offensive performances he was able to shine. He deserves his AP, selection.

Willis isn't a better linebacker, and nor is Beason necessarily more valuable, and that's not my point, nor is it the point I was trying to make.

My point is, that Willis has neither exploded suddenly this year, and Beason hasn't suddenly imploded for anyone to make a judgement that Willis is more deserving now, or at any time last year of the All Pro status that Beason received and to assume or state anything to the contrary is ridiculous.

Comment

I think Willis is the best coverage linebacker I've seen, the guy can literally shut down backs and tight ends because of his speed.

I think he's not even in the best defense or scheme to utilize his abilities, but he still plays like a monster, and not only is he a "sure" tackler, but he's one of the most devastating hitters in the league.
            Originally posted by SNIPER26
            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Willis is a far better tackler than Beason and is much better in coverage and against the run. Beason is a better pass rusher, though. Everyone knows Willis deserved the 1st team All Pro spot last year.

Comment

Beason over Willis harhar, coming from a panther of course.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                  You expect Beason to magically do more than make double digit tackles and record a sack?

What could he possibly have done, he didn't give up any big plays and the conversions in the third quarter on third down were mistakes in coverage supporting him, not his mistakes.

He's still the best middle linebacker in the NFL. He's performing as he is without 2 of the 3 top 3 defensive tackles on the roster, with a defensive coordinator who's not exactly tailoring schemes to stop it.

The Panthers D began tanking today AFTER the offense started turning in 3 and outs.

Insult anyone on the Panthers this year, except Thomas Davis and Jon Beason, that's just downright stupid.
                  Geo's write up didn't make it "sound as if, all of a sudden Beason was playing terribly". You falsely inferred from his text because you're like a crazy mom lashing out as if someone wounded your new born baby.

What you should have inferred, was that Willis deserves it this year from his extremely good performance thus far. Moreover, most fans would agree that Willis and Beason are at least comparable players. With that said, it's one guys opinion; if the whole thread was trashing Beason maybe you could get up in arms over it but no real reason to get so abrasive in your posts just over 1 guy.

Anyways, I don't like to rank players - so I'll sit on the fence here. They're both good at what they do in their systems and I'll be happy if Willis gets voted this year or the next so they both can be a part of something special :)

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                    I like how no one bashes Cutler anymore
                    That was so two weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                      it's tough to bash a guy who's beating godawful teams (i'm not talking about week 2).
                      i know, but everyone exploded after week 1 and said how they always knew he was bad and couldnt do anything with the receiving corps. Everyone was overreacting a lot

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        What Tony Romo are you referring to?
                        the one that falls apart in december and the playoffs?

i kid i kid

Comment

• Jason Campbell is a bust. I have no idea why no one comes out and says it, but he is a definite bust. He doesn't have it whatsoever, period. Maybe he'll be a good back-up in the NFL, at best. For all the current flak the Redskins are getting for their constant changes, they most definitely need to change the quarterback this offseason when they hire a new head coach, offensive coordinator, and quarterbacks coach. It's not about change for change's sake, it's time to end the failed experiment (Campbell + Jim Zorn aka Dead Man Walking) and try to get it right with the next attempt.

You should come on down to D.C. It's all the radio stations and papers talked about in pre-season, and it's all they are talking about now. After Zorn, Campbell is probably the most hated man in Washingotn.

Comment

Embarrassments from the wk:
                            • Brady Quinn -- Welcome back to riding the pine.
                            • Jason Campbell -- Almost singlehandedly broke the Lions 16-game losing streak
                            • Bobby Carpenter -- Can't tackle your grandmother
                            • Vikings FG team -- Walk them thru it again, it's all about blocking the rushers
                            • Carolina DBs missed tackles -- See Carpenter comment, above
                            • Jake Delhomme -- clinging to the Turnover King crown with 17 of them since the 08 playoff loss
                            • Entire Rams team -- The Sheep are neck in neck with Cleveland for the #1 pick next April

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                              Embarrassments from the wk:
                              • Brady Quinn -- Welcome back to riding the pine.
                              • Jason Campbell -- Almost singlehandedly broke the Lions 16-game losing streak
                              • Bobby Carpenter -- Can't tackle your grandmother
                              • Vikings FG team -- Walk them thru it again, it's all about blocking the rushers
                              • Carolina DBs missed tackles -- See Carpenter comment, above
                              • Jake Delhomme -- clinging to the Turnover King crown with 17 of them since the 08 playoff loss
                              • Entire Rams team -- The Sheep are neck in neck with Cleveland for the #1 pick next April
                              Might as well add Derek Anderson, arguably worse than Quinn, and the entire Bucs offense, for not breaking 90 yards of total offense on a Giants D that was not even close to full strength.

Comment

I keep hearing Martellus Bennett this, Martellus Bennett that, but let's be honest guys, he hasn't done a damn thing this season.

Id argue that Steve Smith cost the Panthers the game. He was shut down all game, and on that pick 6, he quit on his route, thats why it got intercepted. That pick 6 was NOT Dellhomme's fault, thats all Steve Smith.

6 minutes to go, youre down 6, they couldve pushed the ball downfield and maybe scored the game winning touchdown. Instead, Smith who was acting like a baby all game, quits on the play, and seals the game for the Cowboys.

Inexcusable.

That said, it wouldve been a complete collapse by the Cowboys if they lost that game.

Also, going back to that game, Ron Meeks is terrible. Absolutely terrible. Its very obvious that to stop the Cowboys offense, you have to pack the box with 8 guys, sell out against the run, and blitz Romo like hell while pressing his WRs.

But they kept running a Tim Lewis'esque soft scheme that just begged Dallas to score on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information