Week 3 Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
    If you want to talk about underrated 3-4 ILBs, let me know if you know who Stephen Cooper is without looking it up. :D

I agree on Harris though, and this guy has been producing like gangbusters since day 1. Willis>Beason.
    Kevin Burnett hasn't been too bad for you guys either. Good sign so far.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
      *yawn*

yup, there have been just LOADS of qbs throughout nfl history who've 'won' (feel free to define that silly description however you'd like) in spite of one of the worst defenses in the nfl. in fact, i'm sure you can name... 1? maybe?

how about teams with no defense AND no running game?

i keep waiting for someone to put together a "cutler can't win" criticism that isn't mind-numbingly stupid, but it just never happens.

I wrote up a 750 word essay of how Cutler can't win then I saw the 'isn't mind-numblingly stupid' part and declined to submit it.
      Originally posted by njx9
      i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Fun fact: Relatively unheralded Jaguars linebacker Justin Durant is on pace for 149 tackles (123 solo) and five forced fumbles this year.

He has led the team in tackles every week so far.

Comment

Durant is teh beeeasst. We have a nice young LB corps, but they seem to have problems in coverage.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Wayne Gandy was terrible three years ago in Atlanta. He's still in the NFL? Amazing...

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
              • The Scott Pioli-Todd Haley marriage isn't going to last in Kansas City, I give it until the spring of 2011 at the very most. Haley is too volatile, especially as he'll be stuck with a quarterback who isn't good enough but is already terribly overpaid by the GM in charge Pioli.
              Yeah, I have NO clue what they are doing there in Kansas City. Wanting to get rid of Bowe? Seriously? *shakes head*
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                Cutler has never been a winning QB anywhere he's been.
                Denver: Sucked.
                Vandy: Sucked.
                Hey, he won a lot in high school!

But, he's talented. If winning solely is the responsibility of the quarterback, sure, he's not a winner. But, if it's not, I say it's a moot point.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Another thing:

Before the draft, I said that Matt Ryan was going to be a bust, and Joe Flacco was going to be a franchise qb. Then last year, Ryan proved me wrong, and I decided that I was wrong, Ryan would be the better qb.

But fast forward to this year, who has been more impressive?

It has to be Flacco. The guy doesn't have half the weapons Ryan has, and has been more impressive with it. He's been amazing this year.

Taking nothing away from Ryan, he's still having a good season, but this year, so far 3 games in, Flacco is definitely outperforming him.

Comment

I had Flacco over Ryan as well last year and so coming into the year I thought I was just another moron. Maybe that decision isn't as bad as I thought.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Another thing:

Before the draft, I said that Matt Ryan was going to be a bust, and Joe Flacco was going to be a franchise qb. Then last year, Ryan proved me wrong, and I decided that I was wrong, Ryan would be the better qb.

It has to be Flacco. The guy doesn't have half the weapons Ryan has, and has been more impressive with it. He's been amazing this year.

Taking nothing away from Ryan, he's still having a good season, but this year, so far 3 games in, Flacco is definitely outperforming him.
                      That. I wondered why Flacco got so much less love than Ryan, I felt that he performed similarly as a rookie (individually) and he did it with less weapons.

Not only that, but when two guys perform at a similar level, you would think everyone would jock the guy with the elite physical tools, who is a bit more raw.

Going to rub a lot of people the wrong way with this, but I agree with you. (Though, I didn't like either coming out, to be honest)
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Joe "Sexy-Armed" Flacco is real legit right now.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Another thing:

Atlanta Falcons offense is perfect for him. A lot of runs with their Rbs, a lot of screens, and 1 good WR with a HOF TE helping him. They will only get better down their with Thomas D. as their GM, and better the more experience Ryan gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            Wayne Gandy was terrible three years ago in Atlanta. He's still in the NFL? Amazing...
                            Whoops, I meant Mike Gandy. Although the way Mike held up on Sunday ...
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                              That. I wondered why Flacco got so much less love than Ryan, I felt that he performed similarly as a rookie (individually) and he did it with less weapons.

Not only that, but when two guys perform at a similar level, you would think everyone would jock the guy with the elite physical tools, who is a bit more raw.

Going to rub a lot of people the wrong way with this, but I agree with you. (Though, I didn't like either coming out, to be honest)
                              I liked Flacco coming out bc he reminded me of Roethlisberger. Oddly enough, he even plays like Big Ben. They have the same style.

Flacco has a bigger arm though.

I questioned Ryan's accuracy coming out, but playing in a dome kind of silenced that issue, plus with a steady pocket, he's been able to keep his mechanics in check.

I never questioned his intelligence, just his accuracy. I was wrong on him.

Comment

I was definitely on the "Ryan = bust" train, and I was humiliated when he kicked butt last year. I wasn't that high on Flacco either, but I liked his big arm and the run game/D that the Ravens had. Flacco has been more impressive this year. It's kind of odd that he's not getting props, though. He's a second year guy who is playing like a Pro Bowler on a team with no weapons. All the kudos are going to Harbaugh and McGahee. HA

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information