Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 3 Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Let's give Cam Cameron some love too. Look at his resume:

    Drew Brees
    Phillip Rivers
    Joe Flacco

    Its no coincidence that whoever is coached by the guy is developing into a nice qb. If I had a young developing qb, I think this is the first guy id consider hiring as my OC. His track record doesn't lie.

    Comment


    • #62
      Checked up on Wiki on Cameron. He was QB coach for the Skins in the mid-late 90's. Helped develop Frerotte when he was a pro bowler and also worked with Trent Green before he went to St. Louis...

      After his stint with the Skins, he was OC at Indiana U, where he worked and developed Randle El.



      I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        Checked up on Wiki on Cameron. He was QB coach for the Skins in the mid-late 90's. Helped develop Frerotte when he was a pro bowler and also worked with Trent Green before he went to St. Louis...

        After his stint with the Skins, he was OC at Indiana U, where he worked and developed Randle El.
        How about that...


        Guy was a terrible HC, but his resume as an OC is amazing.

        *sigh*....we have Kevin Gilbride.

        I was laughing my ass off when they shown the clip of Buddy Ryan swinging at him before the Jets game on Sunday.

        Yup...thats our OC...

        *sigh*

        Comment


        • #64
          Cameron has done an amazing job with QB's. It was a bit of bad luck for him that the Dolphins only won 1 gamde so he may never get another shot head coaching.
          #Chop


          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • #65
            Flacco really is flying under the radar, all things considered. He's a young QB with big time physical tools and potential, but he's already a damn good QB with plenty of room for growth.

            Never seen a high upside guy that is already producing get so little love.
            Originally posted by SNIPER26
            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              Cameron has done an amazing job with QB's. It was a bit of bad luck for him that the Dolphins only won 1 gamde so he may never get another shot head coaching.
              First off, they shouldn't have won that one game. The Ravens gave it away.

              But more importantly, Cameron is not a leader of men. Not close.

              As stated above, he does a very good job as an offensive coordinator however.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                How about that...


                Guy was a terrible HC, but his resume as an OC is amazing.

                *sigh*....we have Kevin Gilbride.

                I was laughing my ass off when they shown the clip of Buddy Ryan swinging at him before the Jets game on Sunday.

                Yup...thats our OC...

                *sigh*
                Some of my buddies are huge Bills fans. During the Gregg Williams/Gilbride disaster, my friend Jim held up a sign that made it onto CBS that said "If Buddy Ryan can punch Kevin Gilbride, can I be next?"



                I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                Comment


                • #68
                  Yes Flacco is a beast, even if he didnt improve 1 bit from his rookie year Baltimore would love him because he is the best QB we have ever had since Vinny. Now we are happy because it looks like we will have a great offense for the next 10 years. I really want us to build around Flacco, if we had a guy like Marshall/Boldin we would be a elite passing offense this season. Give him some young talent and we can be very good.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    I am pretty sure that the Ravens will be investing a lot of high draft picks into the defense. Particularly MLB and CB. Kind of off topic, but I don't see them investing much in high profile WR's in the draft...



                    I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                      Some of my buddies are huge Bills fans. During the Gregg Williams/Gilbride disaster, my friend Jim held up a sign that made it onto CBS that said "If Buddy Ryan can punch Kevin Gilbride, can I be next?"
                      *sigh*

                      Ben had Whistenhunt
                      Rivers had Cameron/Turner
                      Flacco has Cameron
                      Rodgers has McCarthey
                      Cutler had Shanny
                      Kolb has Reid

                      We had/have Huffnagel and Gilbride...

                      *sigh*

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I think we are fine at LB. Our second round pick Krueger doesnt even dress beacuse we have a lot of capable LBs, I think Dannelle Ellerbe will be the next Bart Scott. Unless someone slips I doubt we get a LB. I could see CB also, knowing Ozzie we have no idea what to expect.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Baltimore has to rebuild that defense.

                          They could use 2 CBs, a LB, and a pass rusher.

                          This isn't the same old Ravens defense anymore. You can score on the Ravens.

                          Oddly enough however, this isn't the same Ravens offense anymore either. And the Ravens have the best oline in football thus far.

                          EDIT: I forgot you have Kreuger. Scratch that. You just need secondary help and a LB.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                            Yes Flacco is a beast, even if he didnt improve 1 bit from his rookie year Baltimore would love him because he is the best QB we have ever had since Vinny. Now we are happy because it looks like we will have a great offense for the next 10 years. I really want us to build around Flacco, if we had a guy like Marshall/Boldin we would be a elite passing offense this season. Give him some young talent and we can be very good.
                            I agree with this but you left out a crucial point, probably because it's so obvious it's been beaten to death: I am absolutely in love with the Ravens' O-line, and think they're as responsible as any other unit for that success.

                            The doubter in me wants to look at the dirty birds schedule so far and think maybe things are being a little exaggerated, but when you have a huge, talented, and physical O-line the sky is the limit.

                            The Ravens' D has an Achilles' heel or two as far as I'm concerned, but not enough to knock the general beastliness of the team as a whole.

                            edit: great, way to show me up BBD.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              Cutler has never been a winning QB anywhere he's been. He has a ton of talent, but he hasn't really proven it consistently. The move to the Bears basically gives him zero excuses. He has performed well the last 2 weeks, but that doesn't mean a whole lot yet. If he continues to play at this level, I think he will eventually shed that tag. As of now, he is still young and inconsistent, but in terms of physical ability, he might be the most talented QB in the league...
                              Well, It is my humble opinion that, if your a QB in a contest against your Defense to see who will put up the most points on the board....you probably won't be very successful.
                              Last edited by Raiderz4Life; 09-29-2009, 12:55 PM.

                              "Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                              Originally posted by TitanHope
                              R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                              He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                I thought the Ravens would take a step back this year because the defense wouldn't be as good. Boy, was I wrong.
                                #Chop


                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information